TiVo Community Forum Archive 1
READ ONLY ARCHIVES

Welcome to the TiVo Community Forum Archive
This archive covers threads on TiVo Community Forum that have not been posted to from the start until June 30, 2004.  Any thread that has a post made to it between 7/1/04 and 12/31/05, that had not been posted to, will be found in Archive 2.
This is a READ ONLY site.

Search | ARCHIVE 2 | MAIN SITE

TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.8 TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
>>> Oh no! TiVo missed Buffy season finale! <<<

Forum Jump:
Search this Thread:
Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread ---> Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
network23 is offline Old Post 05-24-2002 08:33 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for network23 Visit network23's homepage! Find more posts by network23 Add network23 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
network23

Oh no! TiVo missed Buffy season finale!

Okay, actually _I_ missed it. I can't believe with TiVo and two VCR's that I missed the season finale, but I did!!! I wish there was some way I could see it! I really need it so I can update my Alyson Hannigan site (looks very bad when you can't talk about the finale!)

POST #1 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Scott Stevens is offline Old Post 05-24-2002 08:37 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Scott Stevens Visit Scott Stevens's homepage! Find more posts by Scott Stevens Add Scott Stevens to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Scott Stevens
Advanced Member

I have the 2 hour finale, and could dump you a tape. Just send me your address. I'm missing the episode from the week before if anyone has that around.

"I believe you will find Scott has the right answer." - jfelbab
" Scott, I'm starting to think you're right afterall." - TiVo'Brien

POST #2 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Philosofy is offline Old Post 05-24-2002 09:26 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Philosofy Find more posts by Philosofy Add Philosofy to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Philosofy
Super Duper Member

Scott, I will hand deliver that Buffy episode tomorrow. Its just part of the standard AVS Forum service!

The voices in my head are screaming.

POST #3 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

GoldenTiger is offline Old Post 05-25-2002 01:11 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for GoldenTiger Find more posts by GoldenTiger Add GoldenTiger to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
GoldenTiger
Tivo Pony =)!

I need it too... if I sent you a few bucks, could you send me a tape with it ?

POST #4 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

bonehead is offline Old Post 05-25-2002 01:31 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for bonehead Find more posts by bonehead Add bonehead to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bonehead
TiVo Forum Special Member

*cough* Usenet *cough*

And you give me one more reason
One more reason....

POST #5 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

GoldenTiger is offline Old Post 05-25-2002 01:49 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for GoldenTiger Find more posts by GoldenTiger Add GoldenTiger to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
GoldenTiger
Tivo Pony =)!

WHERE?

POST #6 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Ciannait is offline Old Post 05-25-2002 02:07 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Ciannait Find more posts by Ciannait Add Ciannait to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ciannait
Generic Geek Girl

Sadly, I received my AT&TiVo on Monday.

I excitedly went to hook it up, but for the TV with the working cable (this is about where I grumble about AT&T's incompetence) has no room for an additional gadget.

So, no Buffy finale for me, either, since my TV in my bedroom has no working cable box because AT&T couldn't find their rear end with both hands and a flashlight.

I'm feeling very gruntled about having my TiVo just sit there, not being used.

(... First it's "The coax in that room is for cable modems only." Then it's, "It'll take a week, maybe more, for us to get a cable box to you." Gruntlegruntlegruntle ...)

POST #7 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Scott Stevens is offline Old Post 05-25-2002 02:33 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Scott Stevens Visit Scott Stevens's homepage! Find more posts by Scott Stevens Add Scott Stevens to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Scott Stevens
Advanced Member

quote:
Originally posted by Philosofy
Scott, I will hand deliver that Buffy episode tomorrow. Its just part of the standard AVS Forum service!

I'll tell you what - if you do that I'll feed you and give you a beer!

"I believe you will find Scott has the right answer." - jfelbab
" Scott, I'm starting to think you're right afterall." - TiVo'Brien

POST #8 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

GoldenTiger is offline Old Post 05-27-2002 09:47 AM
GoldenTiger
Tivo Pony =)!

Any help on where I can find a copy of this on usenet or IRC? Please, I'm on my knees begging you!

POST #9 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

ILoveMyTiVo is offline Old Post 05-28-2002 08:05 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for ILoveMyTiVo Find more posts by ILoveMyTiVo Add ILoveMyTiVo to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ILoveMyTiVo
TiVo Forum Special Member

usenet: The most recent Buffy and Angel episodes are always posted to alt.binaries.multimedia.buffy-v-slayer. This is probably the easiest way if your news server has it. Use a program like Agent that can download binaries easily. If your isp doesn't have the group, you can try a trial membership at someplace like www.easynews.com for an emergency like this.

irc: You can get all Buffy/Angel eps here instead of just the recent ones, but it's more of a pain IMHO. I think the channel is #buffy-unlimited on efnet.

Do you need any more info than that?

If anyone else still needs it and doesn't want to download it, I still have the last 2 Buffys on TiVo and I'll save to tape for you for the cost of the tape + shipping. Send a PM if you need it.

Last edited by ILoveMyTiVo on 05-28-2002 at 08:43 AM

POST #10 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

GoldenTiger is offline Old Post 05-28-2002 09:18 AM
GoldenTiger
Tivo Pony =)!

Thank you! My isp carries that .

POST #11 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

phrend is offline Old Post 05-29-2002 12:10 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for phrend Find more posts by phrend Add phrend to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
phrend

Whenever I missed Buffy or Roswell, I would just download them using KazAa Lite...

Hacked SVR-2000 (30 hour + Maxtor 80 gig and a TurboNET)

POST #12 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

GoldenTiger is offline Old Post 05-29-2002 05:39 AM
GoldenTiger
Tivo Pony =)!

Sigh, on usenet only 20 of tghe 41 parts are available, the rest expired ! Anyone willing to help me out?? Upload it somewhere, post it somewhere, or ICQ/IRC it to me?

POST #13 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

DanT is offline Old Post 05-29-2002 06:22 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for DanT Find more posts by DanT Add DanT to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
DanT
In Absentia

Sign up for a 3-day/1-Gig trial account at Easynews.com and get the parts you're missing. You don't even need to cancel after the 3-days, it'll automatically be cancelled.

SB: "Captain, do you mind if I say Grace?"
MR: "Only if you say it out loud."

POST #14 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged