TiVo Community Forum Archive 1
READ ONLY ARCHIVES

Welcome to the TiVo Community Forum Archive
This archive covers threads on TiVo Community Forum that have not been posted to from the start until June 30, 2004.  Any thread that has a post made to it between 7/1/04 and 12/31/05, that had not been posted to, will be found in Archive 2.
This is a READ ONLY site.

Search | ARCHIVE 2 | MAIN SITE

TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.8 TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
>>> Conan does Star Wars - hilarious <<<

Pages (2): [1] 2 Next »  
Forum Jump:
Search this Thread:
Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread ---> Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
rexdart is offline Old Post 05-26-2002 09:58 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for rexdart Find more posts by rexdart Add rexdart to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rexdart
Eskimo Spy!

Conan does Star Wars - hilarious

This was apparently on a recent Conan O'Brien (don't know, seldom watch the show). Its an absolutely hilarious jab at Star Wars fans. Its pretty brutal at times but they seem to take it with the intended humor.

This is a link directly to the streaming video so please ignore if you don't like/trust that sort of thing:

http://www.northeastsprinkler.com/s.../sw-triumph.wmv

rexdart

POST #1 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

themango is offline Old Post 05-26-2002 10:32 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for themango Find more posts by themango Add themango to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
themango

Now THAT was funny!

Certainly worth the last 10.5 minutes of my life.

POST #2 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Darin is offline Old Post 05-26-2002 10:43 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Darin Visit Darin's homepage! Find more posts by Darin Add Darin to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Darin
Way Left

That is too bizarre, probably about the time you were posting this, I was reading this thread.

"I don't know how many of you have ever run over a skunk with your car. I have many times, and I can tell you, the stink stays around for a long time. You can take the car through the wash, and it's still there. So the scent of this Super Bowl halftime show will long linger in the nostrils of America." - Senator Zell Miller - Republocrat - Georgia

POST #3 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

TheSimpsons is offline Old Post 05-26-2002 10:48 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for TheSimpsons Find more posts by TheSimpsons Add TheSimpsons to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TheSimpsons

Some Conan skits are just really, really funny. I remember about a year back he had one where he had a skit in which he and Mr.T went picking apples and stuff. That was funny. I can't find it online though.

-The Simpsons

POST #4 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

gregpr is offline Old Post 05-26-2002 10:58 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for gregpr Find more posts by gregpr Add gregpr to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
gregpr
Tragically Unhip

Thanks I saw this on Conan and laffed my butt off. I immediately regretted not having a SP for Conan.

POST #5 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

harvscar is offline Old Post 05-26-2002 11:36 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for harvscar Find more posts by harvscar Add harvscar to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
harvscar
Advanced Member

quote:
Originally posted by TheSimpsons
Some Conan skits are just really, really funny. I remember about a year back he had one where he had a skit in which he and Mr.T went picking apples and stuff. That was funny. I can't find it online though.

-The Simpsons

That is my favorite Conan clip. Here's a site that has it, it's in realplayer format and it's 9.8 MB. Server doesn't seem too bad.

http://members.cox.net/jperrin/mr_t.ram

POST #6 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

sallypnut is offline Old Post 05-26-2002 12:46 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for sallypnut Visit sallypnut's homepage! Find more posts by sallypnut Add sallypnut to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sallypnut
I moved!

quote:
Originally posted by Darin
That is too bizarre, probably about the time you were posting this, I was reading this thread.

Darin! You mean you read other boards? What's with that?

POST #7 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

stormsweeper is offline Old Post 05-26-2002 08:44 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for stormsweeper Find more posts by stormsweeper Add stormsweeper to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
stormsweeper
How *you* doin'?

I think I know that guy in the wizard getup ("the Lord of the Rings dork"). If i's who I think it is, it's a guy who works at my local games shop.

POST #8 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Darin is offline Old Post 05-26-2002 09:03 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Darin Visit Darin's homepage! Find more posts by Darin Add Darin to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Darin
Way Left

quote:
Originally posted by sallypnut
Darin! You mean you read other boards? What's with that?

OH! Well I don't socialize with those people. I just use them for info on driver updates and other video card news.

"I don't know how many of you have ever run over a skunk with your car. I have many times, and I can tell you, the stink stays around for a long time. You can take the car through the wash, and it's still there. So the scent of this Super Bowl halftime show will long linger in the nostrils of America." - Senator Zell Miller - Republocrat - Georgia

POST #9 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

mostman is offline Old Post 05-26-2002 10:27 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for mostman Find more posts by mostman Add mostman to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mostman
TiVo Forum Special Member

quote:
Originally posted by stormsweeper
I think I know that guy in the wizard getup ("the Lord of the Rings dork"). If i's who I think it is, it's a guy who works at my local games shop.

LOL!! I wont even comment

HAHA

-Mike

POST #10 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Rob Helmerichs is offline Old Post 05-26-2002 10:30 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Rob Helmerichs Visit Rob Helmerichs's homepage! Find more posts by Rob Helmerichs Add Rob Helmerichs to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rob Helmerichs
Um...

I have to say, while the Star Wars people just went with the flow and laughed a lot, the LOTR guy tried to fight back, without realizing that he was hopelessly out of his depth. Score one for Star Wars.

(And let's not even talk about somebody who spends his Sunday mornings analyzing the comparative merits of Star Wars and LOTR fans in Conan O'Brien skits. Just don't tell Conan where I live!)

POST #11 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Turtleboy is offline Old Post 05-26-2002 11:51 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Turtleboy Find more posts by Turtleboy Add Turtleboy to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Turtleboy

Very funny. But Triumph at the Bon Jovi concert in New Jersey was even funnier. Don't have a link, but if you can find it, check it out.

POST #12 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

TheSimpsons is offline Old Post 05-26-2002 11:57 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for TheSimpsons Find more posts by TheSimpsons Add TheSimpsons to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TheSimpsons

quote:
Originally posted by harvscar

That is my favorite Conan clip. Here's a site that has it, it's in realplayer format and it's 9.8 MB. Server doesn't seem too bad.

http://members.cox.net/jperrin/mr_t.ram

Oh, Good God Harvscar! Thanks a lot, I've been looking forever for that clip! Thanks again! (now I can prove to my friends I didn't dream it! )

-The Simpsons

POST #13 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

dmdeane is offline Old Post 05-27-2002 02:56 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for dmdeane Find more posts by dmdeane Add dmdeane to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dmdeane
sedentary adventurer

Cool

quote:
Originally posted by Medieval Guy
I have to say, while the Star Wars people just went with the flow and laughed a lot, the LOTR guy tried to fight back, without realizing that he was hopelessly out of his depth. Score one for Star Wars.

(And let's not even talk about somebody who spends his Sunday mornings analyzing the comparative merits of Star Wars and LOTR fans in Conan O'Brien skits. Just don't tell Conan where I live!)

I seriously doubt that anyone calling himself "Dark Wolf the Dragon Master" is a LOTR fan; that was Triumph's assertion, not his. A real LOTR fan would at least use a name compatible with Tolkien's Middle Earth. He'd also probably try to start a dialogue with Triumph in Elvish.

POST #14 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

dmdeane is offline Old Post 05-27-2002 02:57 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for dmdeane Find more posts by dmdeane Add dmdeane to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dmdeane
sedentary adventurer

Or was that "Black Wolf the Dragon Master"? Whatever.

POST #15 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Rob Helmerichs is offline Old Post 05-27-2002 04:03 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Rob Helmerichs Visit Rob Helmerichs's homepage! Find more posts by Rob Helmerichs Add Rob Helmerichs to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rob Helmerichs
Um...

Dragon, cloaks, whatever, it's all the same.

(And now you know which side of the F&SF divide I live on!)

POST #16 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Ciannait is offline Old Post 05-27-2002 08:34 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Ciannait Find more posts by Ciannait Add Ciannait to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ciannait
Generic Geek Girl

quote:

... And I know the first Jedi who was interviewed.

Apparently it was a fund-raiser for the Starlight Children's Foundation (or some such) and in order to get in to see the movie the folks were "required to cooperate with the media". Apparently this includes getting humiliated on Conan.

He handled himself with aplomb, though.

POST #17 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

scottjf8 is offline Old Post 05-27-2002 10:12 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for scottjf8 Visit scottjf8's homepage! Find more posts by scottjf8 Add scottjf8 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
scottjf8
New Daddy

I thought the best line was when he was talking to Vader and asked about the buttons on his chest and said "which one calls your parents to come pick you up"

Damn funny

Come see pictures of our new baby!!

TFEDEROV is my daddy!!
Hail to the victors, the University of Michigan

July 2004 TCF Heads Up Poker Champion

Be Very Scared, unless you have the nuts!
--JohnJr

"If you started on your 27th birthday and died on your 60th, you'd have to make 82.97 pounds of poo every day in order to get to $1,000,000. Of course, that's before taxes."
--Steavis

POST #18 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

rasheed is offline Old Post 05-28-2002 12:20 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for rasheed Find more posts by rasheed Add rasheed to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rasheed
Advanced Member

Very funny stuff. Thanks.

Rasheed

POST #19 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

RzE is offline Old Post 05-28-2002 09:09 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for RzE Visit RzE's homepage! Find more posts by RzE Add RzE to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
RzE
jester of php

quote:

http://www.somethingawful.com/downl...ragonmaster.mp3

This is NOT fake, it's actually the guy who was on TV. The two others are just playing a prank for Something Awful's forums.

POST #20 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged