TiVo Community Forum Archive 1
READ ONLY ARCHIVES

Welcome to the TiVo Community Forum Archive
This archive covers threads on TiVo Community Forum that have not been posted to from the start until June 30, 2004.  Any thread that has a post made to it between 7/1/04 and 12/31/05, that had not been posted to, will be found in Archive 2.
This is a READ ONLY site.

Search | ARCHIVE 2 | MAIN SITE

TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.8 TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
>>> Founding Brothers <<<

Forum Jump:
Search this Thread:
Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread ---> Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Dusty is offline Old Post 05-28-2002 04:19 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Dusty Find more posts by Dusty Add Dusty to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dusty
Yellow

Arrow Founding Brothers

Just a reminder, this starts on the History Channel tonight. 9pm Eastern Monday and Tuesday night. They are repeated but don't have those times... good thing for TiVo!

"It's never too late to start something good" - JamesB

Normally I don't go for political jokes...too many of them are being elected. -- Bob Hope

POST #1 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

gleffler is offline Old Post 05-28-2002 04:30 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for gleffler Visit gleffler's homepage! Find more posts by gleffler Add gleffler to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
gleffler
This one goes to 11

What's it about?

"America's founding fathers grapple with the task of actually making a theoretical democratic government work."

Doesn't really give me much insight as to what'll actually go on

Is it some sort of 'history of the US' or something else?

/gleffler

POST #2 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Dusty is offline Old Post 05-28-2002 05:31 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Dusty Find more posts by Dusty Add Dusty to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dusty
Yellow

LOL. It based on the book by the same name. It covers events such as the Hamilton/Burr duel, John Adams and Jefferson's friendship, Washington's Farewell Address among other things. I enjoyed the book, and am interested in how they translate it to TV.

Normally I don't go for political jokes...too many of them are being elected. -- Bob Hope

POST #3 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

mikey is offline Old Post 05-28-2002 07:16 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for mikey Find more posts by mikey Add mikey to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mikey

I tried to record the 9 PM showing and a thunderstorm gave me some rain fade. I was watching something else on the other tuner. Cancelled recording and rescheduled for 1 AM Tuesday. Didn't record and I don't know why. I was upgraded to 2.5.2 last night. Would the upgrade interfere with the recording?

Oh well, TiVo search revealed the show will be on again. Set up new recording, but don't remember exact time.

DSR6000 unmodified (35 hours)
30" Dish
Kenwood Home Theater System
Hitachi 60-inch Projection TV
Sony 5-disk DVD

POST #4 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

tivolovr is offline Old Post 05-30-2002 08:49 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for tivolovr Visit tivolovr's homepage! Find more posts by tivolovr Add tivolovr to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tivolovr

Thumbs up

Actually I just finished watching the final part of the two-part series and found it excellent. We just came back from spending a long weekend in Philadelphia and so had a special connection to the history being described. Might be leftover 9/11 stuff but hearing of the struggle of those early days was quite touching. It's truly amazing our nation as we know it exists. And even 200+ years later our freedom is still so revolutionary to some they'd prefer to wipe us off the earth than let our "ways" infect their people.

POST #5 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Dusty is offline Old Post 05-30-2002 05:58 PM
Dusty
Yellow

oh good. I haven't watched it yet. I am interested, as I said I read that book among others, and am just finishing John Adams now. (I highly recommend that book.) Got a little addicted to learning about that time, it's been fascinating.

POST #6 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged