TiVo Community Forum Archive 1
READ ONLY ARCHIVES

Welcome to the TiVo Community Forum Archive
This archive covers threads on TiVo Community Forum that have not been posted to from the start until June 30, 2004.  Any thread that has a post made to it between 7/1/04 and 12/31/05, that had not been posted to, will be found in Archive 2.
This is a READ ONLY site.

Search | ARCHIVE 2 | MAIN SITE

TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.8 TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
>>> Anybody catch Crank Yankers? <<<

Forum Jump:
Search this Thread:
Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread ---> Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
harvscar is offline Old Post 06-04-2002 07:32 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for harvscar Find more posts by harvscar Add harvscar to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
harvscar
Advanced Member

Anybody catch Crank Yankers?

I was LMAO, basically just a Jerky Boys rip-off (who I'm sure ripped off others). I could have done without the Wu-Tang performance and had another phone call instead, but overall it should be good summer fare. I'm not sure about the longevity though. Any other opinions?

POST #1 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

dmaneyapanda is offline Old Post 06-04-2002 09:16 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for dmaneyapanda Find more posts by dmaneyapanda Add dmaneyapanda to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dmaneyapanda
TiVo Forum Special Member

i watched about 15 minutes of it and wasn't too impressed. i'll probably finish watching it at some point, but it may get the axe if it doesn't improve.

the details were pretty good though...i.e. the pic of ronald reagan, and other things in the background. it was the spoken material itself which i found wanting.

POST #2 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

12monkeys is offline Old Post 06-04-2002 09:42 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for 12monkeys Find more posts by 12monkeys Add 12monkeys to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
12monkeys

I didn't find the show all that funny -- the phone calls weren't over the edge enough.

The funniest thing for me was reading all the billboards and store signs while watching the beginning of the show in slow motion.

POST #3 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

xyz is offline Old Post 06-04-2002 09:44 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for xyz Find more posts by xyz Add xyz to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
xyz

I saw it. I thought it was pretty good, though I didn't really like the puppets. I thought the Wu Tang call was really funny.

POST #4 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

AndyK is offline Old Post 06-04-2002 09:54 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for AndyK Find more posts by AndyK Add AndyK to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
AndyK
unsatisfied

I thought it bordered between mildly amusing and mediocre. As soon as we realized WuTang was performing (that's not music IMHO) we were out of there. I wonder, do Jimmy, Adam and Comedy Central think this will play well in the 'hood? I can't see this one having much future beyond this summer.

POST #5 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

KRS is offline Old Post 06-05-2002 02:42 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for KRS Find more posts by KRS Add KRS to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
KRS
Mmm...invisible cola

I thought it was great - especially the one where the guy calls phone sex for his deaf friend. "Can I say you're Asian? I'm gonna say you're Asian - it will go much faster that way." And the line about the need to Q-Tip his keyboard. Farging hysterical. I must remember to set up a season pass!

Much higher JPM (jokes per minute) level than the disappointing Greg The Bunny...

POST #6 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Turtleboy is offline Old Post 06-05-2002 07:11 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Turtleboy Find more posts by Turtleboy Add Turtleboy to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Turtleboy

quote:
Originally posted by KRS
Much higher JPM (jokes per minute) level than the disappointing Greg The Bunny...

But they both featured the woman of my dreams, Sarah Silverman.

POST #7 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

ursine1 is offline Old Post 06-05-2002 10:45 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for ursine1 Visit ursine1's homepage! Find more posts by ursine1 Add ursine1 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ursine1
That one guy

Eh. I watched, but lost interest quickly. Coulda done without the perplexing Wu-Tang-Clan-as-puppets performance. And I *love* Stephen Colbert, but I didn't think his bit was particularly funny.

POST #8 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

unoriginal is offline Old Post 06-05-2002 10:52 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for unoriginal Find more posts by unoriginal Add unoriginal to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
unoriginal
$29.95

I didn't laugh once. I gave it the axe right after I finished the episode.

Who the hell are these critics that comedy central claims say this show is great and where can I get some of the stuff they're smoking?

All words above are not actual sentences but random letters, spaces and the occasional punctuation. I can not be held responsible for the meaning you get from these random letters. I can however be held responsible for the spaces.

POST #9 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

georgemoe is offline Old Post 06-05-2002 09:21 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for georgemoe Find more posts by georgemoe Add georgemoe to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
georgemoe
TiVo Army Grunt

I waited for the premier with great anticipation but was disenchanted from the start. This episode was not funny and I killed it during the Wu Tang performance. Next week needs to be better or the SP is history.

Slave to Debbie's SA Philips HDR212 - Born 12/25/2001 - [20GB+160GB=194hrs] 2.5.1 lifetime

POST #10 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Swirl_Junkie is offline Old Post 06-05-2002 11:46 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Swirl_Junkie Find more posts by Swirl_Junkie Add Swirl_Junkie to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Swirl_Junkie
Advanced Member

Sarah Silverman is great... too bad we can't see her on it.

POST #11 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

dmaneyapanda is offline Old Post 06-06-2002 03:28 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for dmaneyapanda Find more posts by dmaneyapanda Add dmaneyapanda to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dmaneyapanda
TiVo Forum Special Member

you can see her on at least two "Dinner For Five"'s on IFC, though. another interesting show, though in a much different way.

POST #12 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

lousy is offline Old Post 06-07-2002 11:41 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for lousy Visit lousy's homepage! Find more posts by lousy Add lousy to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
lousy
Member? 'Member What

quote:
Originally posted by unoriginal
I didn't laugh once. I gave it the axe right after I finished the episode....

I agree.. I didn't laugh, as a matter of fact I thought it was stupid. I Setup a season pass for it when I first found out that it was coming on. However, that season pass does not exist on MY TiVo anymore.

Whoever came up with the idea of Crank Yankers must have had Their hand up a puppet at the time (If you know what I mean)

POST #13 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Metaluna is offline Old Post 06-07-2002 11:59 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Metaluna Find more posts by Metaluna Add Metaluna to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Metaluna
Advanced Member

I thought it was okay, but not great, as other people have said. The deaf phone sex call was definitely the funniest, but a lot of the other ones just seemed kind of flat. Also, frankly I didn't think the puppets really worked well in this type of show. They just weren't edgy enough. Maybe I'm just used to hearing Jerky Boys-style phone calls rather than watching them. Or maybe a different kind of animation would have worked better. Given the deadpan nature of the humor, I kept thinking it would have been funnier with a "Dr. Katz" style of animation.

POST #14 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Kablemodem is offline Old Post 06-12-2002 06:01 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Kablemodem Find more posts by Kablemodem Add Kablemodem to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Kablemodem
Favorite Poster

I liked it. So there!

POST #15 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

innocentfreak is offline Old Post 06-12-2002 09:24 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for innocentfreak Find more posts by innocentfreak Add innocentfreak to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
innocentfreak

I liked the the second episode better than the first. I've got mail. YAAAAAY.

now if only I could find that sound clip for my email notification.

POST #16 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

harvscar is offline Old Post 06-12-2002 09:28 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for harvscar Find more posts by harvscar Add harvscar to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
harvscar
Advanced Member

I haven't seen that ep yet, but someone posted this a while back.
http://www.predtalk.com/misc/IGotMail.mp3

POST #17 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Sinuralan is offline Old Post 06-12-2002 04:30 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Sinuralan Visit Sinuralan's homepage! Find more posts by Sinuralan Add Sinuralan to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Sinuralan
Fair and Balanced

Well, I haven't seen the show, but that "I Got Mail" certainly wasn't even remotely funny.

POST #18 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

doom1701 is offline Old Post 06-12-2002 08:42 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for doom1701 Visit doom1701's homepage! Find more posts by doom1701 Add doom1701 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
doom1701
Mr. Oblivious

My Denis Leary wishlist picked up an ep over the weekend. God, I've never felt so ill watching TV in my life. The one with Denis was mildly funny. The other two (OK, so the deaf phone sex call was at least funny in concept) were just bad. The first seemed to be an excuse to show naked people on TV--"Hey, they're puppets, so we can show them naked!"

Anybody need some wood?

POST #19 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged