TiVo Community Forum Archive 1
READ ONLY ARCHIVES

Welcome to the TiVo Community Forum Archive
This archive covers threads on TiVo Community Forum that have not been posted to from the start until June 30, 2004.  Any thread that has a post made to it between 7/1/04 and 12/31/05, that had not been posted to, will be found in Archive 2.
This is a READ ONLY site.

Search | ARCHIVE 2 | MAIN SITE

TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.8 TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
>>> Stargate SG-1 Widescreen <<<

Forum Jump:
Search this Thread:
Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread ---> Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
unoriginal is offline Old Post 06-08-2002 07:02 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for unoriginal Find more posts by unoriginal Add unoriginal to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
unoriginal
$29.95

Cool Stargate SG-1 Widescreen

I have only seen the first couple minutes but they seem to be broadcasting it in widescreen.

All words above are not actual sentences but random letters, spaces and the occasional punctuation. I can not be held responsible for the meaning you get from these random letters. I can however be held responsible for the spaces.

POST #1 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Jonathan M Bell is offline Old Post 06-08-2002 08:51 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Jonathan M Bell Find more posts by Jonathan M Bell Add Jonathan M Bell to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jonathan M Bell

Talking Works for me

I'm all for the switch, and hope it stays this way. Keeps me happy as I've been adjusting the ratio on the Showtime and syndie broadcasts to fit my widescreen set, anyway. This is much better.

For what I originally said about this episode -- of which Pan Chun notes below -- see http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-v...&threadid=62387.

Last edited by Jonathan M Bell on 06-08-2002 at 09:06 AM

POST #2 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Jonathan M Bell is offline Old Post 06-08-2002 08:58 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Jonathan M Bell Find more posts by Jonathan M Bell Add Jonathan M Bell to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jonathan M Bell

quote:
Originally posted by Pan Chun
Ummm...it should be pointed out that this is not a SPOILER thread...it's only meant to address the format in which SG-1 was DELIVERED on Sci-Fi. Reviews and SPOILERS should be appropriately marked as such.

It started off that way, I swear. Then migrated into something else, at which point I'd completely forgotten the topic.

POST #3 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

unoriginal is offline Old Post 06-08-2002 09:01 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for unoriginal Find more posts by unoriginal Add unoriginal to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
unoriginal
$29.95

Farscape is also in widescreen. I am in heaven!

All words above are not actual sentences but random letters, spaces and the occasional punctuation. I can not be held responsible for the meaning you get from these random letters. I can however be held responsible for the spaces.

POST #4 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Greg G is offline Old Post 06-10-2002 11:00 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Greg G Find more posts by Greg G Add Greg G to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Greg G

I miss the 5.1 big time. The shots with the space ship (not guna be more specific than that) where really lacking in umph. As for widescreen, the HD version was always 16x9. I had wished they'd show it widescreen in SD for timeshifting but the HD was pretty great.

Oh well, at least it's still there for us to watch!

-Greg

POST #5 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

HTH is offline Old Post 06-11-2002 01:06 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for HTH Visit HTH's homepage! Find more posts by HTH Add HTH to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
HTH
No Avatar Selected

How did everyone feel about the ad bar that popped up in the bottom bar area, but didn't impinge on the actual video content?

Another thing to endure though is the little sci-fi bug in the corner. Showtime never did that.

Also, the two times I was able to receive Showtime in HD, Stargate SG-1 was not widescreen for me, but some movies were. My HDTV though is 4:3 and without an anamorphic mode, so maybe the cable box recognized this and presented me with the 4:3 version of the HD signal.

If you are dissatisfied with your life, return unused portion for partial refund.

POST #6 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Jonathan M Bell is offline Old Post 06-11-2002 01:36 AM
Jonathan M Bell

quote:
Originally posted by HTH
How did everyone feel about the ad bar that popped up in the bottom bar area, but didn't impinge on the actual video content?

I just zoomed in. Never even noticed.

quote:
Another thing to endure though is the little sci-fi bug in the corner. Showtime never did that.

If they treat Stargate like they have Babylon 5, the bug will occasionally vanish into the black bars area.

POST #7 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged