TiVo Community Forum Archive 1
READ ONLY ARCHIVES

Welcome to the TiVo Community Forum Archive
This archive covers threads on TiVo Community Forum that have not been posted to from the start until June 30, 2004.  Any thread that has a post made to it between 7/1/04 and 12/31/05, that had not been posted to, will be found in Archive 2.
This is a READ ONLY site.

Search | ARCHIVE 2 | MAIN SITE

TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.8 TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
>>> American Idol (FOX) <<<

Forum Jump:
Search this Thread:
Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread ---> Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Corey140 is offline Old Post 06-12-2002 08:02 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Corey140 Find more posts by Corey140 Add Corey140 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Corey140
This Space For Rent!

American Idol (FOX)

Did you see how some of these people embrassed themselves? roflmao....

POST #1 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

disco is offline Old Post 06-12-2002 08:04 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for disco Find more posts by disco Add disco to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
disco
why?

watching right now...about 20 minutes behind....ouch!!!!

POST #2 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Corey140 is offline Old Post 06-12-2002 08:06 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Corey140 Find more posts by Corey140 Add Corey140 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Corey140
This Space For Rent!

wrong forum (oops)......

POST #3 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

betativoII is offline Old Post 06-12-2002 08:20 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for betativoII Find more posts by betativoII Add betativoII to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
betativoII
Mrs. Markthenewf!!

I saw a promo for it the other day. Was one of the judges Paula Abdul, sporting a new nose??

POST #4 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

disco is offline Old Post 06-12-2002 08:23 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for disco Find more posts by disco Add disco to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
disco
why?

quote:
Originally posted by betativoII
I saw a promo for it the other day. Was one of the judges Paula Abdul, sporting a new nose??
Her nose didn't look any different to me...

POST #5 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

betativoII is offline Old Post 06-12-2002 08:33 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for betativoII Find more posts by betativoII Add betativoII to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
betativoII
Mrs. Markthenewf!!

quote:
Originally posted by disco904
Her nose didn't look any different to me...

I just got a glimpse, but thought she looked different....maybe not. I only recognized her because of her voice.

I'm not interested in seeing it though. I was cringing during the promo. I don't know what was worse, some of the kids' singing, or the fact that the judges felt like they had to belittle and berate them until they cried.

POST #6 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

harvscar is offline Old Post 06-12-2002 08:39 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for harvscar Find more posts by harvscar Add harvscar to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
harvscar
Advanced Member

This may be one of the most painful things I've ever seen. I don't feel the judges were overly harsh, these people (whom I have respect for just for coming out to audition, I don't think I could) should be told the straight sh**. Not everyone can be a star.

POST #7 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

spartanstew is offline Old Post 06-12-2002 09:08 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for spartanstew Find more posts by spartanstew Add spartanstew to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
spartanstew
AKA WoohooStew

This show is like a car wreck.
Laughed my ass off.

Spoiler Alert! (highlight to read)
Do you have a voice coach? (yes)
Do you have a lawyer?

LOL

Stew

FREQUENT INQUIRIES:
YAMM: yet another meaningless milestone
SOAK: source of all knowledge
UMF: unseen mystical force
IBTL: in before the lock
curious about picture in picture on a directivo: DO A SEARCH FOR PIP
curious as to which universal remote is the best for tivo:DO A SEARCH FOR UNIVERSAL REMOTE.

Sony SAT-T60: DirecTiVo receiver - Modified to 228 Hours
Hughes HDVR2 Directv receiver with TiVo - Unmodified
Hughes HDVR2 Directv receiver with TiVo - Unmodified
Philips DSR7000 Directv receiver withTiVo- Unmodified
Samsung SIR-S4040R Directv receiver with TiVo - Unmodified

POST #8 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

disco is offline Old Post 06-12-2002 09:13 AM
disco
why?

It seemed rather scripted, though...as if the comments were rehearsed.

POST #9 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

harvscar is offline Old Post 06-12-2002 09:18 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for harvscar Find more posts by harvscar Add harvscar to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
harvscar
Advanced Member

my favorite part was

Spoiler Alert! (highlight to read)
the beauty contestant taking a slide under the table running to thank the judges, had to hurt the ego

I agree with disc, definitely some type of manipulation going on. Gotta love some of Simon's comments though .

POST #10 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

MarkofT is offline Old Post 06-12-2002 09:49 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for MarkofT Find more posts by MarkofT Add MarkofT to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MarkofT

Only watched the first 30 minutes until Mole 2 came on. Some of them might have tested OK if they didn't pick some dumbass current hit that doesn't have any singing in it.

I think they mentioned that they brought over the British judge just for his rather rude comments. Dunno what they hell some of those people were thinking when they disagreed with the judges.

"You have no talent"
"Your wrong"

Umm...you did just sing and only hit the right note whenever the song happened to use a note you were using. You don't have talent.

I'm sure many of them were told by friends and family they could sing and were really good. But those friends and family just didn't want to hurt their feelings.

POST #11 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

loopey is offline Old Post 06-12-2002 12:17 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for loopey Find more posts by loopey Add loopey to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
loopey

I do think they put in the harsh comments on purpose - though they were right I watched the beginning of Popstars where they were picking out people - it was interesting. This isn't too bad.

POST #12 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

daperlman is offline Old Post 06-12-2002 08:38 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for daperlman Visit daperlman's homepage! Find more posts by daperlman Add daperlman to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
daperlman
sci-fi wasabi

This was awesome, I think my favorite was the guy that incorporated answering his cell phone into his rap.

POST #13 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

jsmeeker is offline Old Post 06-12-2002 11:33 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for jsmeeker Find more posts by jsmeeker Add jsmeeker to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jsmeeker
Big know-it-all

That show was great!! To be fair, when the judges like someone, they certainly praised them.

Yay, Smeek! Smeek rules! -- JediCowboyD
jsmeeker, you will live in a dark place someday....where they do not allow TiVo. -- nachonaco

POST #14 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

MightyDuck is offline Old Post 06-13-2002 07:43 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for MightyDuck Find more posts by MightyDuck Add MightyDuck to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MightyDuck

quote:
Originally posted by betativoII

Her nose looks the same to see. She still looks hot.
found fan site: http://www.undermyspell.com/

POST #15 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

mrcoaster is offline Old Post 06-13-2002 07:51 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for mrcoaster Find more posts by mrcoaster Add mrcoaster to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mrcoaster
Tivomaniac

I watched it last night and got a pretty good chuckle out of it. Some of those auditioning were pretty terrible. Funny enough, sometimes the worse they were, the more attitude they had about how great they were and how the judges "thought they were all that."

My favorite moment was:

spoiler....

When the guy started singing "American Pie" and couldn't remember the 2nd line. Then the British judge says, "Ironically enough, the next line is 'I can still remember....'"

POST #16 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged