TiVo Community Forum Archive 1
READ ONLY ARCHIVES

Welcome to the TiVo Community Forum Archive
This archive covers threads on TiVo Community Forum that have not been posted to from the start until June 30, 2004.  Any thread that has a post made to it between 7/1/04 and 12/31/05, that had not been posted to, will be found in Archive 2.
This is a READ ONLY site.

Search | ARCHIVE 2 | MAIN SITE

TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.8 TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
>>> what'd you think of Technogames? <<<

Forum Jump:
Search this Thread:
Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread ---> Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
tedder is offline Old Post 06-15-2002 12:05 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for tedder Visit tedder's homepage! Find more posts by tedder Add tedder to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tedder
Irregular

what'd you think of Technogames?

Okay, so what'd you think?

I thought it was okay. Too many nonfunctioning bots, but it was still fun to watch.

While we're at it, who decided that modified r/c cars (like the one in the High Jump) could be called "bots"?

-ted

POST #1 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

embeem is offline Old Post 06-15-2002 03:13 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for embeem Visit embeem's homepage! Find more posts by embeem Add embeem to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
embeem

Thumbs down

I was expecting something more along the lines of robocup, or at the very least actual robots with some level of AI. I was abit disapointed when it turned out more like an elementary science fair with what can only be described as "contraptions" made out of common household parts.

CVnB02kbxifsgVYcYfEiTG2qfIdFXmstrEhW9gpe+5OxEYid979qu1Esg2YHNA7W8tSTd1t9
88LYW46AhE01Uts8pa4TgZazxlo/FkMAS3i/Oqtm7Rf8C6QzXmbDgbN+fP+Fcu53FOtZXNXX
ClRoZSB0cnV0aCBhYm91dCBhIG1hbiBsaWVzIGluIHdoYXQgaGUgaGlkZXMgLU1hbHJhdXgK

POST #2 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

harvscar is offline Old Post 06-15-2002 03:26 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for harvscar Find more posts by harvscar Add harvscar to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
harvscar
Advanced Member

The promo pieces on The Screen Savers were enough to make me cancel my SP before I bothered watching it.

POST #3 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

MighTiVo is offline Old Post 06-15-2002 09:38 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for MighTiVo Find more posts by MighTiVo Add MighTiVo to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MighTiVo
TiVotarian

Lame, too much talk, and cheesy "bots" - A "robot" that is a self launching arrow using rubberbands? The only electric bit was the trigger....

I like watching Battle Bots sometimes although it gets a bit repetitive, at least they are all action!

I tool look forward to watching Robots that aren't controlled by a remote control like the autonomous vehicle I built for an IEEE contest in 91 (and won)

POST #4 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged