TiVo Community Forum Archive 1
READ ONLY ARCHIVES

Welcome to the TiVo Community Forum Archive
This archive covers threads on TiVo Community Forum that have not been posted to from the start until June 30, 2004.  Any thread that has a post made to it between 7/1/04 and 12/31/05, that had not been posted to, will be found in Archive 2.
This is a READ ONLY site.

Search | ARCHIVE 2 | MAIN SITE

TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.8 TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
>>> Farscape 402 (spoilers) <<<

Forum Jump:
Search this Thread:
Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread ---> Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
stormsweeper is offline Old Post 06-15-2002 10:21 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for stormsweeper Find more posts by stormsweeper Add stormsweeper to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
stormsweeper
How *you* doin'?

Farscape 402 (spoilers)

Ah such great dialogue.

Grayza (aka Commadant Cleavage): Remember me?

Crichton: Oh yeah.. I remember a coupla things...

POST #1 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

mrcoaster is offline Old Post 06-15-2002 11:59 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for mrcoaster Find more posts by mrcoaster Add mrcoaster to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mrcoaster
Tivomaniac

The dialogue (especially the Chrichtonisms) is one of the things that hooked me into Farscape in the first place.

A pretty good ep. Ole Grayza there does seem to have her way with men. A little sweat and they go ga-ga!

I miss Moya, Pilot and Aeryn! Hurry up Pilot!

POST #2 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

dmdeane is offline Old Post 06-15-2002 06:35 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for dmdeane Find more posts by dmdeane Add dmdeane to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dmdeane
sedentary adventurer

I notice how the Farscape writers tend to recycle villains; no one is ever a two dimensional bad guy. First Crais started out as a psychopath, then he became somewhat more sympathetic as a victim of Scorpius, finally he became an ally (albeit not always trusted) of the Moya crew. Are we seeing a similar transformation of Scorpius? One almost felt sorry for the *******...

...I also wonder how those translator microbes handle Crichton's pop-culture references. Crichton must sound like a bad Bablefish translation.

POST #3 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

unoriginal is offline Old Post 06-15-2002 08:49 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for unoriginal Find more posts by unoriginal Add unoriginal to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
unoriginal
$29.95

quote:
Originally posted by dmdeane
I notice how the Farscape writers tend to recycle villains; no one is ever a two dimensional bad guy. First Crais started out as a psychopath, then he became somewhat more sympathetic as a victim of Scorpius, finally he became an ally (albeit not always trusted) of the Moya crew. Are we seeing a similar transformation of Scorpius? One almost felt sorry for the *******...

I would not be surprised if Scorpius became one of the crew. Chrichton even asked him to come with him when the command carrier was imploding. Chrichton is the forgiving type. After being throw out (so to speak) of the peace-keepers, Chrichton is the only hope Scorpius has of defeating the Scarrans and he knows it. Scorpius also has something to give to Chrichton, the location of Earth.

All words above are not actual sentences but random letters, spaces and the occasional punctuation. I can not be held responsible for the meaning you get from these random letters. I can however be held responsible for the spaces.

POST #4 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

stormsweeper is offline Old Post 06-15-2002 10:33 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for stormsweeper Find more posts by stormsweeper Add stormsweeper to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
stormsweeper
How *you* doin'?

Yeah, I think the smart money is on Scorpy joining the Moya gang.

POST #5 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

mostman is offline Old Post 06-16-2002 02:14 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for mostman Find more posts by mostman Add mostman to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mostman
TiVo Forum Special Member

I had one question about that episode.

Were we ever told how Dargo got reunited with Jool and Pilot and Moya? Or are we just to assume Jool contacted him?

-Mike

POST #6 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

stormsweeper is offline Old Post 06-16-2002 04:38 AM
stormsweeper
How *you* doin'?

I don't think he reunited with Pilot and Moya. Jool hasn't bothered to tell anyone what happened in the wormhole. I think Jool contacted him somehow.

POST #7 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Uther is offline Old Post 06-17-2002 07:07 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Uther Find more posts by Uther Add Uther to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Uther
King of Britons

This was the second ep. of the season, right? I must have missed something. It started with "Last time on Farscape..." and showed Scorpius being captured by Grayza. When did that happen? Last I saw Scorpius was on the command carrier as it was being destroyed. Wasn't that the season finale last season? I saw the season opener this season. No Scorpius. What gives?

POST #8 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

GBL is offline Old Post 06-17-2002 07:58 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for GBL Find more posts by GBL Add GBL to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
GBL
covert opiniative

ep 401 took place on the dying ship - introduced the new quirky girl with the red hair that can defy gravity etc.

1 Sony SVR2000 (upgraded to 75 hrs), 1 Philips HDR612, 2 HDR112s (upgraded to 75 and 140 hrs), 1 SA8000HD (160GB)
unpaid volunteer, TiVo army

POST #9 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

stormsweeper is offline Old Post 06-17-2002 08:00 AM
stormsweeper
How *you* doin'?

It seems to be footage that was cut from the end of Season 3.

POST #10 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Uther is offline Old Post 06-17-2002 08:00 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Uther Find more posts by Uther Add Uther to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Uther
King of Britons

But Scorpius was not in ep. 401, right?

POST #11 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

stormsweeper is offline Old Post 06-17-2002 08:14 AM
stormsweeper
How *you* doin'?

quote:
Originally posted by Uther
But Scorpius was not in ep. 401, right?

Nope, just Harvey.

There's an interview with David Kemper on scifi.com where he says the trimmed down a possible 6 episodes to end Season 3 into 4. So I'm guessing that's where the footage comes in. It seems odd it was left in, as you could have come into this episode w/o seeing that.

POST #12 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

dmdeane is offline Old Post 06-17-2002 10:53 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for dmdeane Find more posts by dmdeane Add dmdeane to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dmdeane
sedentary adventurer

quote:
Originally posted by stormsweeper

Nope, just Harvey.

There's an interview with David Kemper on scifi.com where he says the trimmed down a possible 6 episodes to end Season 3 into 4. So I'm guessing that's where the footage comes in. It seems odd it was left in, as you could have come into this episode w/o seeing that.

As I recall, we Americans see a shortened version of the final cut, due to all the extra commercials we are "blessed" with. On the DVD's from season one this was explained, and the entire episodes were shown, as intended. I don't think it was a lot of extra time - maybe a minute or two - but it would have been enough time to have shown Scorpius being captured.

BTW, when did the TiVo forum start censoring "bad words"? Does anyone really object to my referring to Scorpius as a "b_st_rd"? Is there some new software deleting this, or is it the moderators? Sorry if I missed some change to the forum policies; I have not been keeping up with forum changes.

POST #13 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

stormsweeper is offline Old Post 06-18-2002 01:23 AM
stormsweeper
How *you* doin'?

Well, Scorpy is a *******. In both primary uses of the word.

POST #14 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

HTH is offline Old Post 06-18-2002 07:30 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for HTH Visit HTH's homepage! Find more posts by HTH Add HTH to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
HTH
No Avatar Selected

"So, any idea where this ******* lives?"
"Bart!"
"His parents aren't married are they? It's the correct word, isn't it?"
"I guess he's got us there."
"Mmm..."
" *******, *******, *******, *******, *******, *******, ******* *******! "

If you are dissatisfied with your life, return unused portion for partial refund.

POST #15 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

dmdeane is offline Old Post 06-19-2002 01:18 AM
dmdeane
sedentary adventurer

quote:
Originally posted by Pan Chun
That word has never been allowed on this forum as long as I've been here.
News to me. Mind you, I've never had occasion to use the word before in this forum. Given the context I can't imagine anyone objecting to such a descriptive and apt word for Scorpius. So does a little software bot come along and censor it, or do the moderators have to do it? Nothing stopped me from posting the word initially. It's not as though it is something that one could not have said in polite conversation. Just a little puzzled.

POST #16 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged