TiVo Community Forum Archive 1
READ ONLY ARCHIVES

Welcome to the TiVo Community Forum Archive
This archive covers threads on TiVo Community Forum that have not been posted to from the start until June 30, 2004.  Any thread that has a post made to it between 7/1/04 and 12/31/05, that had not been posted to, will be found in Archive 2.
This is a READ ONLY site.

Search | ARCHIVE 2 | MAIN SITE

TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.8 TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
>>> Battlebots <<<

Forum Jump:
Search this Thread:
Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread ---> Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
nrc is offline Old Post 06-21-2002 08:56 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for nrc Visit nrc's homepage! Find more posts by nrc Add nrc to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nrc
Cracker Soul

Battlebots

Does anyone know when the new Battlebots season is supposed to start? I've had to delete my Battlebots SP because my To Do list is flooded with old episodes without enough data to be ignored as a repeat.

They seem to be moving right along with the actual tournaments, but nothing on the web site about new shows.

POST #1 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

HTH is offline Old Post 06-21-2002 10:51 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for HTH Visit HTH's homepage! Find more posts by HTH Add HTH to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
HTH
No Avatar Selected

I just prune out the repeat episodes each week. Cancelling the whole Season Pass is overkill, IMO, and risks missing the start of the new season.

If you are dissatisfied with your life, return unused portion for partial refund.

POST #2 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

arkham999 is offline Old Post 06-22-2002 12:09 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for arkham999 Visit arkham999's homepage! Find more posts by arkham999 Add arkham999 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
arkham999
Dazed and Confused

Did they already start? The battle box seems to have a bunch of new "enhancements" in the latest episodes I've seen. Stuff like the metal cylinders popping out of the floor. I don't really care for any of the hazards besides the killsaws and the sledge hammer. The rest don't ever do any damage.

If they really want to spice up the game, they should add the ability to do other kinds of damage (fire, electrical, water, etc). THAT would be interesting.

POST #3 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

MarkofT is offline Old Post 06-22-2002 02:21 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for MarkofT Find more posts by MarkofT Add MarkofT to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MarkofT

The cylinder was only used in Season 3. It was removed for Season 4. Season 5 is the new season. I was run over Memorial Day weekend and the week leading up to the weekend.

Current thought is that the new Battlebots season will begin around Mid-July.

POST #4 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

nrc is offline Old Post 06-22-2002 08:18 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for nrc Visit nrc's homepage! Find more posts by nrc Add nrc to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nrc
Cracker Soul

I'll just keep an eye out for it. I'm looking forward to it because the mayhem seems to be escalating each season.

Hopefully they'll code it correctly when the new episodes show up and I'll catch it on my season premiere Wish List.

POST #5 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

rbird is offline Old Post 06-24-2002 10:19 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for rbird Find more posts by rbird Add rbird to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rbird
uses tivo "wrong"

Will they be bringing back the "rumble" this season (where all the bots in one weight class duke it out at once)? Those were my favorite episodes. I really missed them last time around.

Bob

POST #6 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

MarkofT is offline Old Post 06-25-2002 05:29 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for MarkofT Find more posts by MarkofT Add MarkofT to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MarkofT

They only ran one rumble this year due to safety concerns. Comedy Central won't show it 'cause they suck, in the bad way. Several BattleBot builders can't wait for CC's contract to expire so they can go elsewhere. Even a smaller audience will be better then what CC can provide.

Additionaly, BattleBots wants be more family friendly and tolerates CC's actions, the botbabe, and the adult advertisements only because of the TV contract. If you notice, there are no bots sponsored by alcohol or tobacco companies. Not for lack of interest, but because BattleBots won't let those companies logos or names appear on the BattleBots.

Things should be getting interesting in a couple years when CC's contract expires.

POST #7 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

markp99 is offline Old Post 06-25-2002 07:30 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for markp99 Find more posts by markp99 Add markp99 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
markp99
TakoKichi

30sec skip and battlebots are a perfect match. I love the show, its just sooo full of FLUFF and commercials...

skip...skip...skip...

BANG...CRASH...SPARKS...CHUNKS o' DIAMOND PLATE...SMOKE... ahhh...now that's quality television

POST #8 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

HTH is offline Old Post 06-25-2002 08:39 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for HTH Visit HTH's homepage! Find more posts by HTH Add HTH to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
HTH
No Avatar Selected

I hated that, at the end of the last season, they started trying to put computer generated advertisements on the plexiglass. Each time the camera angle changed, they'd do a spin reveal. So distracting, I was unable to enjoy the finals.

If you are dissatisfied with your life, return unused portion for partial refund.

POST #9 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

barclay is offline Old Post 06-25-2002 10:35 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for barclay Visit barclay's homepage! Find more posts by barclay Add barclay to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
barclay
Advanced Member

quote:
Originally posted by HTH
I hated that, at the end of the last season, they started trying to put computer generated advertisements on the plexiglass. Each time the camera angle changed, they'd do a spin reveal. So distracting, I was unable to enjoy the finals.

I agree! It's nice to see that someone else found those ads as annoying as I did. I asked my friends about it, and none of them even noticed there were ads there , much less found them annoying.

POST #10 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged