TiVo Community Forum Archive 1
READ ONLY ARCHIVES

Welcome to the TiVo Community Forum Archive
This archive covers threads on TiVo Community Forum that have not been posted to from the start until June 30, 2004.  Any thread that has a post made to it between 7/1/04 and 12/31/05, that had not been posted to, will be found in Archive 2.
This is a READ ONLY site.

Search | ARCHIVE 2 | MAIN SITE

TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.8 TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo
>>> HMO video transfer btwn registered Tivo and unregistered Tivo? <<<

Forum Jump:
Search this Thread:
Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread ---> Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
drewe2000 is offline Old Post 06-27-2003 04:57 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for drewe2000 Visit drewe2000's homepage! Find more posts by drewe2000 Add drewe2000 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
drewe2000

HMO video transfer btwn registered Tivo and unregistered Tivo?

I have not been able to find out about this anywhere. Suppose I have two Tivos: 1 is registered with a lifetime account, and the other is unregistered and just has basic functionality.

Can I sign up for HMO for each Tivo without registering the 2nd for a lifetime account?

My goal is to have the unregistered, but HMO enabled, Tivo for archival purposes.

POST #1 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

mdscott is offline Old Post 06-27-2003 05:31 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for mdscott Visit mdscott's homepage! Find more posts by mdscott Add mdscott to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mdscott
TiVo Forum Special Member

No. You must have full TiVo Service cactive on a DVR for HMO to work with it.

mds

Mac G4 867 OS X 10.3.7

POST #2 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

tefler is offline Old Post 06-27-2003 09:37 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for tefler Find more posts by tefler Add tefler to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tefler

The 2nd TiVo needs to have a subscription, but it does not need to be lifetime. A monthly sub will do fine.

If you want to just record from one to the other, you could hook the A/V out of the first TiVo to the A/V in of the second. However, that would probably have a little bit of quality loss.

POST #3 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

TiVoOpsMgr is offline Old Post 07-04-2003 07:31 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for TiVoOpsMgr Visit TiVoOpsMgr's homepage! Find more posts by TiVoOpsMgr Add TiVoOpsMgr to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TiVoOpsMgr
Director, Svc. Ops

To use the Multi-Room Viewing feature, both units must have a TiVo service subscription and both units must have the Home Media Option purchased.

Best regards,
Stephen

NOTE: I prefer e-mail to Private Messages. Due to the volume of e-mail I receive, please try to go through normal channels or post your question on the forum BEFORE contacting me directly, if possible. Thanks!

POST #4 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged