TiVo Community Forum Archive 1
READ ONLY ARCHIVES

Welcome to the TiVo Community Forum Archive
This archive covers threads on TiVo Community Forum that have not been posted to from the start until June 30, 2004.  Any thread that has a post made to it between 7/1/04 and 12/31/05, that had not been posted to, will be found in Archive 2.
This is a READ ONLY site.

Search | ARCHIVE 2 | MAIN SITE

TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.8 TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo
>>> Makes me Angry <<<

Forum Jump:
Search this Thread:
Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread ---> Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
TiVoLance is offline Old Post 07-10-2003 10:33 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for TiVoLance Find more posts by TiVoLance Add TiVoLance to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TiVoLance
Fey Hero

Angry Makes me Angry

Well I get the statement on my TiVo today that until July 31 I can get $40 off HMO. I have a series 2 with lifetime. Earlier this year when I swtiched my bank to a Federal Credit Union I started having problems with TiVo processing my monthly payments. After much back and forth I was told they could do nothing and my service would be disconnected unless I got another credit card. Well I refuse to get a new credit card for TiVo. Since I love my TiVo I bought the bullet and sent a $250 mailing order to get lifetime service and avoid the credit card problems. Well today I tried to get the HMO for $99-$40 today and the credit card issue was still there. Also I was informed that they could not take money order on any HMO orders. I do not want to pay a friend to use their credit card because (1) I shouldn't have to (2) the weird way they are charging $99 and refunding $40 to the card 1 month later.

With any business today I would think there would be another option to pay for services or hardware than credit card. Yes I do have one banking Visa card but the company TiVo uses to process the payments can't get it right. So no HMO for me and no $ for TiVo because of poor customer services and payment options. ((

POST #1 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

wilfried is offline Old Post 07-11-2003 06:02 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for wilfried Find more posts by wilfried Add wilfried to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
wilfried

I tried to buy HMO last night. I got a error message in the last step. It did say that the order did not go thru. So I tried again and again. Always getting a message saying that to try "some time later". (I don't know who wrote the error messages, but they none of them make sense)
Anyway I called today to order it over the phone. The rep tells me that HMO is active on my account. Yet it doesn't show as active on tivo.com "My account." My CC was not charged.... go figure...

POST #2 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

TiVoOpsMgr is offline Old Post 07-15-2003 06:35 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for TiVoOpsMgr Visit TiVoOpsMgr's homepage! Find more posts by TiVoOpsMgr Add TiVoOpsMgr to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TiVoOpsMgr
Director, Svc. Ops

Hi Wilfried and TiVoLance,

Sorry to hear about the problems.

TiVoLance, I hear you about check processing. Currently we're not set up to accept any form of payment other than credit card for the Home Media Option. I'm sorry for the inconvenience. We recognize that some customers don't use credit cards. Unfortunately, adding support for debit cards or checks has not been prioritized because so few customers have asked for it. I'll check with our team this week to see how hard it would be for us to add that support. (Note that if your debit card has a Visa or Mastercard or Discover or American Express logo, we can use that.)

However, I'm surprised that we can't handle your credit union card. If it has a Visa or Mastercard or American Express or Discover logo, we shouldn't be having any problems. Please contact me with your information (name, TiVo Service Number, address) and I'll dig into seeing if we can't get that supported ASAP.

Wilfried, I'm very sorry to hear you had trouble. Please let me know your account information and I'll try to find out what happened. Sorry that your error messages were unclear. We had a team write the messages from the Manage My Account system and I've reviewed them, so I'm surprised to hear there was something that was unclear. Maybe what you saw was an error message from our third party credit card processing company? If so, we should clear that up and make it more comprehensible.

As for why you don't see your Home Media Option as active -- basically it can take a few hours for the charge to go through. As soon as it does, it should be active in all systems. Do you have it working on your Series2 DVR (i.e., do you see the Music and Photos option?) If everything is still not working by tonight, please send me your information and I'll make sure you get sorted out ASAP.

Sorry that both of you had issues. We'll do our best to work with you to resolve them.

Best regards,
Stephen

NOTE: I prefer e-mail to Private Messages. Due to the volume of e-mail I receive, please try to go through normal channels or post your question on the forum BEFORE contacting me directly, if possible. Thanks!

POST #3 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Succorso is offline Old Post 07-16-2003 02:35 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Succorso Find more posts by Succorso Add Succorso to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Succorso

I know this may be a pain in a** but why don't you have a friend with a credit card order this for you and you pay them by cash or check. At least it gets done.

Succorso

POST #4 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

monkeyinacan is offline Old Post 07-16-2003 03:08 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for monkeyinacan Find more posts by monkeyinacan Add monkeyinacan to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
monkeyinacan

Question Clarification???

TiVoOpsMgr/Stephen -

After looking for similar threads in the other forums, I noticed that many people are reporting that this $40 rebate offer has turned up in their TiVo messages. After following the links they provided in their messages, I see that it is indeed a true offer; however when I try to place an order for it on-line, I don't seem to have this offer or pricing structure available for HMO. A phone call to customer support this morning yielded no definitive answer beyond a polite, "I'm unable to provide you with any information on that offer."

Some of the threads mention that this offer is only available to users that are downloading/uploading using broadband, which I recently enabled (about 2 weeks ago). Have I missed out on this offer? Is it a regional roll-out? If so, when will it be offered in my region (San Diego, CA)?

Surely you must have anticipated that there would be some discussion of this topic in the community - I would hope that this wouldn't be a limited offer, intended solely for those lucky few that received it at the right time.

Can you shed any more light on this mysterious rebate offer? It would certainly be helpful to hear the information directly from TiVo . . .

POST #5 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

three=eight is offline Old Post 07-17-2003 08:42 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for three=eight Find more posts by three=eight Add three=eight to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
three=eight

yeah me too

POST #6 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

wilfried is offline Old Post 07-17-2003 01:16 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for wilfried Find more posts by wilfried Add wilfried to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
wilfried

It's working as of tonight! Thanks

POST #7 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

IrishTiVo is offline Old Post 07-18-2003 01:43 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for IrishTiVo Visit IrishTiVo's homepage! Find more posts by IrishTiVo Add IrishTiVo to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
IrishTiVo
A good egg :)

A phone call placed yesterday got me the deal - so I bought it!

* Belkin Wireless Adapters
* PowerBook G3 500, Airport Base Station

POST #8 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

njbongo is offline Old Post 07-18-2003 02:26 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for njbongo Find more posts by njbongo Add njbongo to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
njbongo

OK, Tivo ALREADY accepts debit cards amd has since day one when I bought my Tivo (about 3 months after it was released). I have a MasterCard debit card that I have been using to pay my monthly payments for YEARS now.

Why not just get a Mastercard or Visa debit card on your checking account? Almost all banks offer these, and they are almost always free.

All of this is really a non-issue.

POST #9 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

monkeyinacan is offline Old Post 07-18-2003 11:25 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for monkeyinacan Find more posts by monkeyinacan Add monkeyinacan to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
monkeyinacan

IrishTiVo / Todd -

How did you approah the rep on the phone? When I tried, I was shut down . . .

Had you received the offer on your TiVo messages?

Joe Abreu

POST #10 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

ilovetv is offline Old Post 07-19-2003 12:36 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for ilovetv Find more posts by ilovetv Add ilovetv to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ilovetv
Gotta have Tivo

Go to Rite Aid they sell on demand Visa's. You give them cash and you get a debit card in return. They have them at the front counter I give them to my employees instead of checks or cash you can also reload them via check by phone.

POST #11 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

AM_Wood is offline Old Post 07-19-2003 01:37 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for AM_Wood Find more posts by AM_Wood Add AM_Wood to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
AM_Wood

quote:
Originally posted by njbongo
Why not just get a Mastercard or Visa debit card on your checking account? Almost all banks offer these, and they are almost always free.

It's a non-issue until you lose it or it gets stolen and some loser cleans out your checking account and your savings account if you have overdraft protection. Sure you 'may' get it back from the bank, but that can be weeks/months later. Other than that and the fact that the Visa/MC Debit Cards drive up costs (as opposed to true debit cards) for merchants thus driving up costs for consumers it is a non-issue and I refuse to have one. I have a Visa that I use when only necessary, and I have my debit card.

POST #12 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

TiVoLance is offline Old Post 07-19-2003 08:51 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for TiVoLance Find more posts by TiVoLance Add TiVoLance to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TiVoLance
Fey Hero

quote:

OK, Tivo ALREADY accepts debit cards amd has since day one when I bought my Tivo (about 3 months after it was released). I have a MasterCard debit card that I have been using to pay my monthly payments for YEARS now.

I already have a visa checking card if you bothered to read my e-mail. TiVo said they can't process it. Basically I was told last time I called that my old address keeps coming up. You think they could work with a better credit card processing company to could actually change addresses in their system. Sooo I refuse to get a new card if I already have one. Their should really be more payment options than credit card anyway. Not everyone wants to support that medium.

POST #13 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Zathrus is offline Old Post 07-20-2003 06:50 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Zathrus Find more posts by Zathrus Add Zathrus to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Zathrus

<quote>TiVo said they can't process it.</quote>I still wonder if this is a TiVo issue or a bank one. It's entirely possible that your bank has something screwed up... have you ever had problems with other online sites, especially ones that do address verification? If not, then it probably is TiVo's problem and as per their agreement with Visa would need to fix it.

quote:
Their should really be more payment options than credit card anyway. Not everyone wants to support that medium.
TiVo is legally obligated to accept cash payments - at least if they want to do business in the US. Of course, how you get that cash payment to them may be an issue. Beyond that... frankly, credit/debit cards are a modern financial reality.

POST #14 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

cejay is offline Old Post 07-25-2003 05:41 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for cejay Find more posts by cejay Add cejay to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
cejay

What about the people who already bought and paid FULL price for HMO.. Why dont we get a 40$ rebate.. we were early good faith adopters of the program.. ?

POST #15 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Zathrus is offline Old Post 07-25-2003 07:44 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Zathrus Find more posts by Zathrus Add Zathrus to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Zathrus

There was a long thread about this in the Coffee House. My personal opinion is that I easily got $40 of value for the 3 months I had HMO prior to this temporary rebate program. If you didn't, then I'm sorry.

POST #16 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

rogben is offline Old Post 07-26-2003 12:29 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for rogben Find more posts by rogben Add rogben to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rogben

Stupid question, didn't read enough, nevermind.

POST #17 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged