TiVo Community Forum Archive 1
READ ONLY ARCHIVES

Welcome to the TiVo Community Forum Archive
This archive covers threads on TiVo Community Forum that have not been posted to from the start until June 30, 2004.  Any thread that has a post made to it between 7/1/04 and 12/31/05, that had not been posted to, will be found in Archive 2.
This is a READ ONLY site.

Search | ARCHIVE 2 | MAIN SITE

TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.8 TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo
>>> HMO and DirecTivo <<<

Forum Jump:
Search this Thread:
Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread ---> Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
pharn is offline Old Post 07-11-2003 02:58 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for pharn Find more posts by pharn Add pharn to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
pharn

HMO and DirecTivo

Does anyone know if the latest release DirecTivo second generation(i.e. Hughes HDVR2) HMO capable ? I thought that it is based on Tivo series 2 design. If so, it should support HMO. However, Directv customer survice told me that it does not support HMO, nor USB (even if it has 2 USB ports) and not support broad band. However, I read some where that I could get broadband/wireless to work on DirecTivo 2.

So, anyone know if can I get HMO to work with DirecTV (of course, with Tivo's subscription of $99 on first unit + $59 on second unit). Directv has DirecTivo promo for $159.

POST #1 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Jonathan_S is offline Old Post 07-11-2003 03:38 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Jonathan_S Find more posts by Jonathan_S Add Jonathan_S to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jonathan_S
TiVo Forum Special Member

DirecTivos don't do HMO. That may change in the future, but nothing has been announced, or even leaked about it.

The USB ports are currently not enabled, (there is a hack in the underground forum to turn them on however)

You could hack the unit to do broadband, but it is not a point and click operation.

Currently the only way to use HMO with directv is to buy a standalone tivo and a directv receiver and use the SA tivo to control the receiver. However this is more expensive and provides less features than a directivo (mainly no dual tuner).

edited becuase DirecTivo's is not the plural of DirecTivo

Last edited by Jonathan_S on 07-11-2003 at 03:42 AM

POST #2 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged