TiVo Community Forum Archive 1
READ ONLY ARCHIVES

Welcome to the TiVo Community Forum Archive
This archive covers threads on TiVo Community Forum that have not been posted to from the start until June 30, 2004.  Any thread that has a post made to it between 7/1/04 and 12/31/05, that had not been posted to, will be found in Archive 2.
This is a READ ONLY site.

Search | ARCHIVE 2 | MAIN SITE

TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.8 TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo
>>> Another Wusb11 2.6 problem <<<

Forum Jump:
Search this Thread:
Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread ---> Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
ilovetv is offline Old Post 07-17-2003 07:46 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for ilovetv Find more posts by ilovetv Add ilovetv to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ilovetv
Gotta have Tivo

Another Wusb11 2.6 problem

OK I have a linksys BEFW11S4 router and a WUSB11 adapter and have completed the following.

1. The clear sticker is toward the adapter and well seated
2. I f encryption set to OFF
3. Tivo is seeing the network and signal is 100 %
4. I have rebooted tivo and the router several times.

When I check the DHCP settings it says that it cannot connect to the dhcp server. I have changed the ip address range but still no go. I also am not seeing the adapter on the DHCP client table or MAC address on the router.

Last edited by ilovetv on 07-17-2003 at 07:56 AM

POST #1 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

ilovetv is offline Old Post 07-17-2003 08:16 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for ilovetv Find more posts by ilovetv Add ilovetv to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ilovetv
Gotta have Tivo

Also my adapter is showing a ip of 169.254.69.254 while my network is 192.168.xxxxxx.

Here is the paste of my wireless side of the router

IP Address: 69.11.193.119
DNS: 169.254.69.254

Last edited by ilovetv on 07-17-2003 at 08:33 AM

POST #2 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

rberry88 is offline Old Post 07-17-2003 10:49 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for rberry88 Visit rberry88's homepage! Find more posts by rberry88 Add rberry88 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rberry88
Advanced Member

What operating system are you running?? PC or Mac??
Cable modem or DSL??

When I hooked up my WUSB11 to my network that consists of BEFW11S4 connected via cable modem to my PC, a Laptop with a wireless card, a WET11 (linksys) to my PS2, the WUSB11 to my Tivo and a direct connection from my router to my Xbox.

I'm running Win XP Pro and had to do no configuring what so ever. I plugged the WUSB11 into my computer and it connected right away, I then unhooked it from my PC and plugged it into my TIVO and it was detected right away. I was listening to my mp3's and looking at photos on the Tivo in less that 2 minutes.

rberry88

POST #3 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

ilovetv is offline Old Post 07-18-2003 02:43 AM
ilovetv
Gotta have Tivo

I was at Compusa today and picked up a wusb12 I plugged it in updated the firmware and presto I was up and running.

It picked up a 192.168.xxx.xxx IP like it was supposed to. Maybe the computer gods can figure out why the usb11 is picking a 169.254.xxx.xxx ip and maybe we can solve this usb11 problem.

POST #4 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

swarren is offline Old Post 07-18-2003 02:48 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for swarren Visit swarren's homepage! Find more posts by swarren Add swarren to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
swarren

AFAIK, the 169.* address is what the OS uses by default when it can't communicate with the DHCP server - it just picks this default so that the adapter has some address even if it isn't the right one!

POST #5 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

ilovetv is offline Old Post 07-18-2003 03:21 AM
ilovetv
Gotta have Tivo

Thanks swarren!

I am glad the usb12 took off. I highly recommend it over the usb 11.

POST #6 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

korn316 is offline Old Post 07-18-2003 01:15 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for korn316 Find more posts by korn316 Add korn316 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
korn316

Don't you realize it's not the usb11 or usb12. It's the firmware version of your router. I still had my old linksys wireless usb v2.6 which I thought didn't work. I hooked it into my tivo and it worked great.

It's all the firmware, tivo should warn you before you do anything to update to the latest firmware on your router.

POST #7 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

ilovetv is offline Old Post 07-18-2003 08:08 PM
ilovetv
Gotta have Tivo

quote:
Originally posted by korn316
Don't you realize it's not the usb11 or usb12. It's the firmware version of your router. I still had my old linksys wireless usb v2.6 which I thought didn't work. I hooked it into my tivo and it worked great.

It's all the firmware, tivo should warn you before you do anything to update to the latest firmware on your router.

The firmware was updated.

POST #8 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

asbrown is offline Old Post 07-30-2003 10:44 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for asbrown Find more posts by asbrown Add asbrown to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
asbrown

Thought I'd share my story since I had some help from this forum... I have a linksys wusb12 attached to my tivo that is the only wireless client on a network with a linksys wrt54g router and a windows server on one ethernet port. I had upgraded the firmware on the router to version 1.30.7, but I had to downgrade the firmware to get the tivo to be able to get through the router to the internet (on the suggestion of korn316 -- thank you!). The older firmware is here: ftp.linksys.com/pub/network/WRT54G_1.02.1_US_code.exe. Now my tivo can connect via the internet even with wep encryption enabled. but it cannot find my server on my pc even if I enter the IP address explicitly. The PC, however, does show the tivos IP address in the list of available tivos I was able to get the TiVo to detect the PC and was able to use the HMO with the out-of-reset settings and the 1.30.7 firmware on the router, but I didn't feel like sharing my network with the entire block and I was still unable to get through the gateway to the internet. There's my story. I can get all features, just not all at the same time.

POST #9 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged