TiVo Community Forum Archive 1
READ ONLY ARCHIVES

Welcome to the TiVo Community Forum Archive
This archive covers threads on TiVo Community Forum that have not been posted to from the start until June 30, 2004.  Any thread that has a post made to it between 7/1/04 and 12/31/05, that had not been posted to, will be found in Archive 2.
This is a READ ONLY site.

Search | ARCHIVE 2 | MAIN SITE

TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.8 TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo
>>> HMO and Mac Firewall <<<

Forum Jump:
Search this Thread:
Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread ---> Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
ccoulson is offline Old Post 07-17-2003 08:05 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for ccoulson Find more posts by ccoulson Add ccoulson to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ccoulson

HMO and Mac Firewall

Geez! This took me a long time to figure out! I could gt to photos and music on Tivo Online, but not on my Mac. Finally, I found that if I turned off my firewall, my Mac files were visible (and playable!)

So, now what port does HMO use so I can punch a hole in my firewall?

POST #1 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

shueytexas is offline Old Post 07-17-2003 11:07 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for shueytexas Find more posts by shueytexas Add shueytexas to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
shueytexas

It is kind of odd that this bit of info isn't made more visible to us Mac users, since it's so necessary.

I set up my HMO today, and it all went perfectly (using D-Link 614+ router and D-Link 120+ USB adapter). But my photos and music still weren't showing up.

A simple change in my firewall settings, and it worked like a charm.

Instructions here:

http://customersupport.tivo.com/tiv...blic/tv1158.htm

Have fun!

POST #2 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

ScubaCat is offline Old Post 07-17-2003 05:43 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for ScubaCat Find more posts by ScubaCat Add ScubaCat to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ScubaCat

I posted about this same problem in the Help Center a couple of days ago.

Maybe this will help someone else with the same problems. I did find my problem sharing files with the TiVo. On the Macintosh you have to set up a new port on the firewall tab. The instructions are under the heading "My DVR Cannot Find my Music or Photos Server (Macintosh) - Search Reference Number 07-82-01. I now have music and photos!

Such a small adjustment that makes such a huge difference! Hope this helps other Mac users.

POST #3 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged