TiVo Community Forum Archive 1
READ ONLY ARCHIVES

Welcome to the TiVo Community Forum Archive
This archive covers threads on TiVo Community Forum that have not been posted to from the start until June 30, 2004.  Any thread that has a post made to it between 7/1/04 and 12/31/05, that had not been posted to, will be found in Archive 2.
This is a READ ONLY site.

Search | ARCHIVE 2 | MAIN SITE

TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.8 TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo
>>> Anybody got the free trial yet??? <<<

Pages (3): « Prev 1 [2] 3 Next »  
Forum Jump:
Search this Thread:
Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread ---> Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
jpdst22 is offline Old Post 08-05-2003 08:43 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for jpdst22 Find more posts by jpdst22 Add jpdst22 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jpdst22
;)

I'm in the same boat... It's 10:40 EST here in Pittsburgh and still no free HMO trial... This is really making me want to buy it....

POST #21 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Patrickcg is offline Old Post 08-05-2003 09:06 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Patrickcg Find more posts by Patrickcg Add Patrickcg to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Patrickcg

10:05 in Chicago and its still not here.

POST #22 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

jkellynewyork is offline Old Post 08-05-2003 09:09 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for jkellynewyork Find more posts by jkellynewyork Add jkellynewyork to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jkellynewyork

I got mine at about 7:30 P.M. Eastern time. I forced a service connnection and it downloaded something. I pressed the tivo button to see if music and photos menu was there - it was not - I dont remember what I did next - I think I pressed Tivo button again or went to see if it said inactive in information screen and I came back and The free trial was set up - the MUsi and Photos menu was there.

POST #23 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

JohnTivo is offline Old Post 08-05-2003 10:07 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for JohnTivo Find more posts by JohnTivo Add JohnTivo to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JohnTivo
Advanced Member

I just forced a call (broadband) and rebooted my unit... HMO is now active.

POST #24 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

jgeurin is offline Old Post 08-05-2003 10:13 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for jgeurin Find more posts by jgeurin Add jgeurin to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jgeurin

12:14 AM EST Just forced another call and HMO is now active. WOOHOO!

POST #25 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

skidge is offline Old Post 08-05-2003 10:14 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for skidge Find more posts by skidge Add skidge to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
skidge

Mine's working now. I forced a connection, nothing showed up, and like jkellynewyork, I went to the system information page to see what it said. It said "Inactive" for all the HMO stuff, then when I went back to the main menu, it showed up.

POST #26 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Patrickcg is offline Old Post 08-05-2003 10:54 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Patrickcg Find more posts by Patrickcg Add Patrickcg to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Patrickcg

I checked my system information page and it showed a service download at 3:04 am, but here it is 5 minutes before midnight, and it still isn't on my Tivo.

POST #27 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

perrystokes is offline Old Post 08-05-2003 12:38 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for perrystokes Find more posts by perrystokes Add perrystokes to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
perrystokes

1:37AM Aug 5, no HMO

-PS

POST #28 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

2324070933 is offline Old Post 08-05-2003 12:43 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for 2324070933 Find more posts by 2324070933 Add 2324070933 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote

I know the feeling. 1:42 AM and still no HMO.

al ma

POST #29 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

2324070933 is offline Old Post 08-05-2003 12:44 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for 2324070933 Find more posts by 2324070933 Add 2324070933 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote

is the rebooting necessary? I have seen both cases.

al ma

POST #30 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

afinegold is offline Old Post 08-05-2003 12:55 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for afinegold Find more posts by afinegold Add afinegold to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
afinegold

TiVoBill or anyone else,

I ordered HMO last week when the promotion first went up, and I too tried by forcing an update call this afternoon (8/4) but nothing showed. However, I still am using a phone connection, as I have yet to permanently install the Ethernet cable under the house from our computer room to the living room (the cable connection worked fine for a forced update the other day when I strung the cable along the floor thru the house to test it.)

Question: Will HMO download over the telephone line, or only thru the cable connection? (Yes, I do have broadband.) I know it will only stream pictures and music, etc. via the cable connection, but I was wondering about the install part of HMO.

Thanks for any info on this.

Al Finegold

POST #31 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

illuminations25 is offline Old Post 08-05-2003 01:07 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for illuminations25 Find more posts by illuminations25 Add illuminations25 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
illuminations25

quote:
Originally posted by afinegold
Question: Will HMO download over the telephone line, or only thru the cable connection? (Yes, I do have broadband.) I know it will only stream pictures and music, etc. via the cable connection, but I was wondering about the install part of HMO.

If you go to System Information on your Tivo and you see items like "DVR Name" and "Remote Scheduling" on that screen you already have the Tivo software that includes the HMO parts. It's just a matter of Tivo "flipping the switch" to activate them. So in other words, all series 2 people have HMO as part of the latest software update, it's just a matter of whether those parts are active or not.

POST #32 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

afinegold is offline Old Post 08-05-2003 01:16 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for afinegold Find more posts by afinegold Add afinegold to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
afinegold

Thanks Illuminations25 for the explanation that HMO is "already there" in the Series 2 and 4.0 software and just has to be flipped on or activated by TiVo Corp. I guess my question should have been: can HMO be flipped on or activated via a telephone connection or only thru a cable connection?

POST #33 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

jpdst22 is offline Old Post 08-05-2003 05:00 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for jpdst22 Find more posts by jpdst22 Add jpdst22 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jpdst22
;)

Just forced a call at 6:30am EST and HMO is now active....

POST #34 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

barlav is offline Old Post 08-05-2003 05:09 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for barlav Find more posts by barlav Add barlav to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
barlav

7:10am EST and still no HMO. Forced connection and rebooted but still nothing. Are they still in the process of turning it on for some?

POST #35 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

TinLemon is offline Old Post 08-05-2003 05:28 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for TinLemon Find more posts by TinLemon Add TinLemon to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TinLemon

I just forced a connection to TiVo and nothing major happened, so I restarted TiVo and I now have the HMO. So I suggest everyone restart.

POST #36 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

sghogan is offline Old Post 08-05-2003 07:07 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for sghogan Find more posts by sghogan Add sghogan to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sghogan

Talking HMO is here

I forced a service connection this AM and HMO is now active and working. No restart required by me.

POST #37 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Idicaii is offline Old Post 08-05-2003 08:26 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Idicaii Find more posts by Idicaii Add Idicaii to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Idicaii

10:24 am EST - IT WORKS!!! I had to force a download, which was much longer than usual, and music and photos appeared right afterwards. No restart required.

FANTASTIC!! And a SHUFFFLE option too!! I couldn't be more pleased!!!!!!!!!!

- Rodney

POST #38 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

TVbug is offline Old Post 08-05-2003 09:00 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for TVbug Find more posts by TVbug Add TVbug to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TVbug

Yes - HMO trial is active on our Series 2

Scheduled update was at 9:00 am EDT this morning, after I would have left for work. Couldn't wait so I forced the update now. It took about 10-15 minutes to complete (via DSL broadband). Without a hitch, I went to TV Central and saw "Music and Photos".

I set up the TiVo desktop and.... voila! I'm watching a slideshow of our recent Cape Cod vacation while drinking my morning coffee. Very cool. The resolution on my consumer grade TV is not as nice as my 19" monitor, but it sure is convenient.

MP3 playback worked just fine. I have the TiVo patched through my high-tech audio amp into my Klipsch speakers. Sounds great!

Then I had to leave for work...

POST #39 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

2324070933 is offline Old Post 08-05-2003 09:12 PM

Re: Yes - HMO trial is active on our Series 2

[QUOTE]Originally posted by TVbug
[B]Scheduled update was at 9:00 am EDT this morning, after I would have left for work. Couldn't wait so I forced the update now.
Then I had to leave for work...

I had the same problem, i was on my way out the door to go to work and I forced a connection and BAM!! There it was. I didn't have the desktop on my MAC running b/c I had it shut down due to the crazy storms we had last night, but I did have time to see the sample photos and music. It looks really cool and I am about to play with the online scheduling here at work. Keep that on the down low!!! Hope everyone has a good day!!!!

al ma

POST #40 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged