TiVo Community Forum Archive 1
READ ONLY ARCHIVES

Welcome to the TiVo Community Forum Archive
This archive covers threads on TiVo Community Forum that have not been posted to from the start until June 30, 2004.  Any thread that has a post made to it between 7/1/04 and 12/31/05, that had not been posted to, will be found in Archive 2.
This is a READ ONLY site.

Search | ARCHIVE 2 | MAIN SITE

TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.8 TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo
>>> Anybody got the free trial yet??? <<<

Pages (3): « Prev 1 2 [3]  
Forum Jump:
Search this Thread:
Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread ---> Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Patrickcg is offline Old Post 08-05-2003 09:19 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Patrickcg Find more posts by Patrickcg Add Patrickcg to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Patrickcg

I have it now Yah

POST #41 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

simmik1 is offline Old Post 08-05-2003 10:13 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for simmik1 Find more posts by simmik1 Add simmik1 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
simmik1

Got it this morning, after a forced broadband update. Like everyone else, I was expecting it yesterday, but oh well. The photos look great on my 40" Sony XBR. Resolution is very good, contrast and color saturation are outstanding! MP3's sound OK too! I think I'll pay the $59 when the trial is over. It's well worth it. (Impromtu slide shows whenever we feel the need)

POST #42 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

2324070933 is offline Old Post 08-05-2003 10:24 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for 2324070933 Find more posts by 2324070933 Add 2324070933 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote

This feature is really cool, I just did my first online scheduling. I first got an email that tivo has received my request and just now I got a confirmation email from them that my tivo has connected and scheduled the recording.

How cool!!!!

Now I am ready to go home and make sure that my tivo will not have any problems connecting to my MAC for photos and mp3's.

al ma

POST #43 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

illuminations25 is offline Old Post 08-05-2003 11:29 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for illuminations25 Find more posts by illuminations25 Add illuminations25 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
illuminations25

quote:
Originally posted by afinegold
Thanks Illuminations25 for the explanation that HMO is "already there" in the Series 2 and 4.0 software and just has to be flipped on or activated by TiVo Corp. I guess my question should have been: can HMO be flipped on or activated via a telephone connection or only thru a cable connection?

I haven't had a chance to set up my network here at home yet and HMO was activated by a regular phone call through a phone line, so it can be switched on either way.

POST #44 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

jtpindc is offline Old Post 08-06-2003 02:12 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for jtpindc Find more posts by jtpindc Add jtpindc to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jtpindc

How do you get the free trial?

Do you just force a download and it pops up or is there a selection for it somewhere?
I've seen something about Showcase but it's not on my ser.2 unit

POST #45 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

2324070933 is offline Old Post 08-06-2003 03:14 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for 2324070933 Find more posts by 2324070933 Add 2324070933 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote

That's what I did. Forced a connection and then went back to tivo central and there it was.

al ma

POST #46 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

illuminations25 is offline Old Post 08-06-2003 04:38 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for illuminations25 Find more posts by illuminations25 Add illuminations25 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
illuminations25

Got my network set up this afternoon and I'm loving my HMO trial.

POST #47 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

johnd7 is offline Old Post 08-06-2003 06:54 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for johnd7 Find more posts by johnd7 Add johnd7 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
johnd7

I just forced a call (Tues. 5:54 Pacific time) but still no HMO? Anyone else that signed up for it still not have it?

POST #48 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

JSY is offline Old Post 08-06-2003 07:27 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for JSY Find more posts by JSY Add JSY to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JSY

Thumbs down

Well, I haven't gotten it and with all the forced connections that I've done, my TiVo is now not scheduled to connect again until THURSDAY, AUGUST 7, at 2:04AM. Well, it's Tuesday and I think I'm going to give up on the forced connections and rebooting. Nice offer - but too bad the rollout was a lot less to be desired. I would think that with the potential impact this trial could have on the bottom line of TiVo, that this rollout would have been handled a lot smoother.

With the four weeks free trial that was in the e-mail and on my screen - is that four weeks from August 4 - or is it four weeks for whenever TiVo decides to give you the free trial? I'm banking on the former.

Oh, well. Hope the rest of you that haven't gotten it yet, get it.

POST #49 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

afinegold is offline Old Post 08-06-2003 07:39 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for afinegold Find more posts by afinegold Add afinegold to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
afinegold

JSY - did you send a PM to TiVoBill with your TSN asking him to check TiVo records to make sure they got your request for the trial? A lot of us that clicked Yes on the screen a week or so ago apparently didn't register in TiVo Corp's records, as confirmed by TiVoBill. He can submit it manually to the system, but it make take a few days to activate after that. Your problem (and mine) is now being discussed on a number of threads in this forum--you might want to check around to see what people are saying.

Al Finegold

POST #50 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

JSY is offline Old Post 08-06-2003 08:08 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for JSY Find more posts by JSY Add JSY to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JSY

Thanks Al. I checked some of the other threads and I left TiVoBill a PM with my TSN. Really odd - I was actually thinking whether or not it was going to take after I answered YES on my TiVo since it just brought you back to the screen with no confirmation. I didn't mean to get down on TiVo for (of all things) a freebie, but I guess it was the anti-climatic anticipation!

POST #51 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

joshalee is offline Old Post 08-07-2003 01:13 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for joshalee Find more posts by joshalee Add joshalee to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
joshalee

Remote Scheduling

So last night I saw the photos and music on my menu. Now I'm trying to use Remote scheduling.....what do I need to do? All I see on tivo.com is Buy It Now.

J. Lee

POST #52 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

TiVoBill is offline Old Post 08-07-2003 01:22 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for TiVoBill Visit TiVoBill's homepage! Find more posts by TiVoBill Add TiVoBill to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TiVoBill
Advanced Member

Re: Remote Scheduling

quote:
Originally posted by joshalee
So last night I saw the photos and music on my menu. Now I'm trying to use Remote scheduling.....what do I need to do? All I see on tivo.com is Buy It Now.

J. Lee

You can get to TiVo Central Online at www.tivo.com/tco

You can also get there by going to TiVo.com and then clicking on "I Have TiVo" and "TiVo Central Online."

POST #53 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged