TiVo Community Forum Archive 1
READ ONLY ARCHIVES

Welcome to the TiVo Community Forum Archive
This archive covers threads on TiVo Community Forum that have not been posted to from the start until June 30, 2004.  Any thread that has a post made to it between 7/1/04 and 12/31/05, that had not been posted to, will be found in Archive 2.
This is a READ ONLY site.

Search | ARCHIVE 2 | MAIN SITE

TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.8 TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo
>>> Any AAC support update? <<<

Pages (2): « Prev 1 [2]  
Forum Jump:
Search this Thread:
Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread ---> Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
YuleLogger is offline Old Post 09-23-2003 02:45 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for YuleLogger Find more posts by YuleLogger Add YuleLogger to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
YuleLogger

Angry AAC now!

Every week I buy more songs from Apple's iTunes Music Store.

Every week that makes more songs I can't play over HMO.

I understand it takes time, but why can't we at least get a status report about when it will be ready!

Aggghhhh!

POST #21 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Austin Bike is offline Old Post 09-23-2003 07:37 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Austin Bike Find more posts by Austin Bike Add Austin Bike to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Austin Bike

Maybe I'm paranoid, but I don't like the rights management. When I buy music from Buymusic.com, I burn it to a CD and then rip it to MP3 for listening.

I'm not comfortable with someone else deciding that today, although I've done nothing wrong, I can't listen to my music.

I don't share music and my music is legal, I just don't like to risk it.

POST #22 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

genearch is offline Old Post 09-23-2003 08:18 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for genearch Find more posts by genearch Add genearch to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
genearch
TiVo Forum Special Member

I want a Pony

POST #23 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

dsaponaro is offline Old Post 09-24-2003 06:52 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for dsaponaro Visit dsaponaro's homepage! Find more posts by dsaponaro Add dsaponaro to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dsaponaro

Please Please Please Please Please Please make this available ASAP. Im waiting for AAC support before I purchase another series 2. Someone shed a little light on the subject please.

dsaponaro@mac.com

POST #24 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

JSY is offline Old Post 09-24-2003 11:52 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for JSY Find more posts by JSY Add JSY to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JSY

HMO doesn't have native WMA support yet, does it? I am not sure why TiVo would add native AAC support before WMA?

POST #25 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

VinceA is offline Old Post 09-25-2003 02:44 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for VinceA Find more posts by VinceA Add VinceA to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
VinceA
Advanced Member

Nope, no native WMA support yet.

POST #26 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Zathrus is offline Old Post 09-25-2003 06:56 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Zathrus Find more posts by Zathrus Add Zathrus to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Zathrus

quote:
I am not sure why TiVo would add native AAC support before WMA?

Because TiVo has a marketing agreement with Apple and has integrated the TiVo HMO service with iTunes/iPhoto. Since you can buy and download music with iTunes in the AAC format TiVo wants to support it. They put out a brief statement saying they would be doing so, but nothing since.

I wouldn't be holding my breath either... there have been numerous press releases or statements that wound up going nowhere. I doubt this is one of them, but even if it isn't TiVo is rather slow when it comes to development and release of new software (and, on the flip side, their software rarely has bugs in it, just as you would expect from any other consumer electronics purchase).

POST #27 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged