TiVo Community Forum Archive 1
READ ONLY ARCHIVES

Welcome to the TiVo Community Forum Archive
This archive covers threads on TiVo Community Forum that have not been posted to from the start until June 30, 2004.  Any thread that has a post made to it between 7/1/04 and 12/31/05, that had not been posted to, will be found in Archive 2.
This is a READ ONLY site.

Search | ARCHIVE 2 | MAIN SITE

TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.8 TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
>>> American Chopper <<<

Pages (4): « Prev 1 2 [3] 4 Next »  
Forum Jump:
Search this Thread:
Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread ---> Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
vertigo235 is offline Old Post 06-14-2004 07:00 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for vertigo235 Visit vertigo235's homepage! Find more posts by vertigo235 Add vertigo235 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
vertigo235
Advanced Member

F-I-L ?

http://www.lnyc.org/

POST #41 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

FLbadgirl is offline Old Post 06-14-2004 07:12 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for FLbadgirl Find more posts by FLbadgirl Add FLbadgirl to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
FLbadgirl
Or is it NCbadgirl?

Father-In-Law

If you obey all the rules, you miss all the fun. — Katherine Hepburn

POST #42 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

FLbadgirl is offline Old Post 06-14-2004 07:14 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for FLbadgirl Find more posts by FLbadgirl Add FLbadgirl to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
FLbadgirl
Or is it NCbadgirl?

quote:
Originally posted by edrock200
My F-I-L just got me an OCC shirt signed by Paul JR and SR from a bike show they were at. WOOHOOO!

Oh I am so envious! I am a huge fan of Pauly Jr. Unfortunately I've missed them when they've been down to FL for the Daytona Bike Week and Biketoberfest.

If you obey all the rules, you miss all the fun. — Katherine Hepburn

POST #43 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

vertigo235 is offline Old Post 06-14-2004 09:37 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for vertigo235 Visit vertigo235's homepage! Find more posts by vertigo235 Add vertigo235 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
vertigo235
Advanced Member

O-I-C, I have a F-I-L too! It sure would be cool if he would get me a shirt...

http://www.lnyc.org/

POST #44 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Crrink is offline Old Post 06-14-2004 09:43 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Crrink Find more posts by Crrink Add Crrink to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Crrink
TiVo Forum Special Member

quote:
Originally posted by DLFerguson
I just love the creative process that goes into building those incredible bikes and like so many other posters here, after watching AMERICAN CHOPPER for a few weeks, I found myself wanting to own a motorcycle. That's the mark of a really good show, IMO. The love that Paul Sr, Paulie, Mikey, Cody and the rest have for what they do can't help but infect you if you watch the show long enough.

..snip...

And I really felt bad for Vinnie in the episode where Paul Sr was yelling at Vinnie about how messy the shop was and Paulie was ignoring the whole thing. Paul Sr. was threatneing to send Vinnie home for the day which really would have sucked since Vinnie's wife was expecting a baby and he couldn't afford to lose a day's pay. I couldn't imagine why Paulie just wouldn't find some kid to come in to clean up after school and pay him out of his own pocket.

Heh, I don't think anything could make me ever want to own a noisy motorcycle, but watching that show definitely makes me want to have a workshop full of awesome tools that would let me bend the crap out of some metal, then stick it in the FlowJet machine and carve a bunch of crap all over it!

Couldn't agree more about hiring some kid to come in and tidy the shop up. I know the guys work late sometimes, but having someone come in 3-5 days a week to clean and tidy up would probably make a big difference - maybe even big enough to settle Sr. down.

Have you guys seen the newest episode where they introduce the new manager at OCC? OMG, what an ass that guy is. It's one thing to watch Sr. yell and scream at people, watching this new manager do his best impression makes me cringe.
Here's to hoping it's more due to editing than to how he actually behaves....

POST #45 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

LoadStar is offline Old Post 06-14-2004 09:55 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for LoadStar Find more posts by LoadStar Add LoadStar to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
LoadStar
LOAD"*",8,1

quote:
Originally posted by Crrink
Have you guys seen the newest episode where they introduce the new manager at OCC? OMG, what an ass that guy is. It's one thing to watch Sr. yell and scream at people, watching this new manager do his best impression makes me cringe.

I noticed that. With Sr., it's more him being gruff and tough, but you know inside he's not that bad of a guy. This new guy - he's just a jerk, or at least he seems to be. He doesn't seem very nice at all. I hope he doesn't appear in future episodes that much.

(BTW: continuity note, the Vinnie/Mikey Bike episodes occur roughly the same time as the latter half of the Leno bike episodes. I believe they said that the vacation they go on is to deliver the Leno bike.)

POST #46 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

UnionBuster is offline Old Post 06-14-2004 10:12 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for UnionBuster Find more posts by UnionBuster Add UnionBuster to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
UnionBuster
squirrel monster

quote:

Ugh, seriously. Heh, they need to understand that the show is part of their business now and having that guy around isn't going to be good. Didn't they say he was family or something?

And really, I think Paul Sr. can afford to hire someone to clean the shop.

POST #47 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Gerg is offline Old Post 06-14-2004 11:28 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Gerg Find more posts by Gerg Add Gerg to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Gerg
(greG backwards)

quote:
Originally posted by UnionBuster
And really, I think Paul Sr. can afford to hire someone to clean the shop.
But why should he? Other mechanics clean up after themselves. Cleaning up after yourself is in the job description of every mechanic position at every other shop in the country. Paul Sr. pays these guys as much (or more) as other shops pay theirs. Why shouldn't he expect the guys to clean up after themselves?

Gerg

POST #48 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Peter000 is offline Old Post 06-14-2004 12:19 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Peter000 Find more posts by Peter000 Add Peter000 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Peter000

quote:
Originally posted by Gerg
But why should he? Other mechanics clean up after themselves. Cleaning up after yourself is in the job description of every mechanic position at every other shop in the country. Paul Sr. pays these guys as much (or more) as other shops pay theirs. Why shouldn't he expect the guys to clean up after themselves?
Image. The shop is constantly on TV, so he should want it looking tip top all the time. I'm surprised he doesn't do that already. Although there is that fun element of making TV celebrities clean up after themselves as well.

I kind of enjoyed the guy trying to be manager. It's so obvious he's out of his element and not used to it. His hissy fit when the keys got locked in the trailer was a classic.

listen
get

POST #49 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Swirl_Junkie is offline Old Post 06-14-2004 07:53 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Swirl_Junkie Find more posts by Swirl_Junkie Add Swirl_Junkie to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Swirl_Junkie
Advanced Member

The new manager is their mikeys and paul jrs cousin I think..

POST #50 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Jon J is offline Old Post 06-14-2004 07:59 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Jon J Find more posts by Jon J Add Jon J to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jon J
Yes. I did it.

FWIW...The copper plated Miss Liberty bike is on display at the Frist Center (museum) here for a couple of weeks.

It also turn out OCC uses a local plater for much of its chrome work.

POST #51 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

edrock200 is offline Old Post 06-14-2004 08:19 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for edrock200 Find more posts by edrock200 Add edrock200 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
edrock200

quote:
Originally posted by Swirl_Junkie
The new manager is their mikeys and paul jrs cousin I think..

I think that just makes it worse...Mikey not only has to take orders from a new boss but his cousin at that...

POST #52 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Frylock is offline Old Post 06-14-2004 08:31 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Frylock Find more posts by Frylock Add Frylock to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Frylock
Live Long and Tivo!

I beleive the cousin was the guy cleaning the truck, not the new manager.

POST #53 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

LooseWiring is offline Old Post 06-14-2004 11:08 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for LooseWiring Find more posts by LooseWiring Add LooseWiring to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
LooseWiring

The guy cleaning the truck IS their cousin AND he is also the "Director of Operations". He was the manager of a frickin' car-wash before Sr. brought him on board to manage.

The guy's an ASS. I don't care if he is their cousin. He is an ASS. Paul Sr. needs to either ditch him or not let him on camera. A perfect solution would be to hire some gopher and have them clean up the shop inbetween shots.

Unfortunately, Paul Sr. does have legitimate complaints. This show is the 2nd highest rated basic cable show and it's seen by millions. I wouldn't want my shop to be seen by that many people and be that dirty. It's bad for the image.

Oh, and does anyone know which episode they powder-coated the exhaust's black on the Black Widow? When I finally got to that episode they were still chrome.

POST #54 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

edrock200 is offline Old Post 06-14-2004 11:46 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for edrock200 Find more posts by edrock200 Add edrock200 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
edrock200

quote:
Originally posted by LooseWiring
Unfortunately, Paul Sr. does have legitimate complaints. This show is the 2nd highest rated basic cable show and it's seen by millions. I wouldn't want my shop to be seen by that many people and be that dirty. It's bad for the image.

I agree with this but honestly I don't even notice the shop being dirty until he brings it up and the camera pans to the cups and such. Many times the complaints are just silly like the cups that they are still drinking out of or the tools that they are still using to put a bike together. I mean, at some point you need your tools out. It could be creative editing too but I don't think much of the audience would even notice if he didn't point it out so much.

The episode where he got on Vinnie's case about it was BS though. Vinnie's the hidden star of the show. Mikey use to be but hes a "main character" now.

I wonder how much say Paul Sr and Jr get in the editing. It seems like everytime other crew is given a lot of attention in the show you never see them again. Like they had Codey on a bunch of shows, even did the Codey Project, praised him continuously, and now he's barely on the show anymore, even though he's always around the shop.

There was also one guy on the very first show, The Jet Bike, who fought with Paul Jr and he hasn't been seen since.

POST #55 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

LoadStar is offline Old Post 06-15-2004 12:15 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for LoadStar Find more posts by LoadStar Add LoadStar to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
LoadStar
LOAD"*",8,1

ed: But then again, if you compare American Chopper to American Hot Rod... Coddington's shop is immaculate, even when they're working on stuff. Granted, Boyd has a lot more money in his business than the Teutel's do, but still... it IS possible to be clean and organized, even when they're working.

POST #56 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Frylock is offline Old Post 06-15-2004 01:23 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Frylock Find more posts by Frylock Add Frylock to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Frylock
Live Long and Tivo!

Coddington does keep an immaculate shop, but he also comes off as a complete moron when his entire crew calls him a moron and that he doesn't know what he is doing. And then the crew (and himself included) bash his wife.

I agree the shop could be a bit cleaner, but what do they really care? Boyd gives tours of his shop. Tuttel doesn't.

POST #57 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

SparkleMotion is offline Old Post 06-15-2004 01:52 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for SparkleMotion Find more posts by SparkleMotion Add SparkleMotion to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
SparkleMotion
Passive Aggressive

quote:
Originally posted by edrock200
Like they had Codey on a bunch of shows, even did the Codey Project, praised him continuously, and now he's barely on the show anymore, even though he's always around the shop.
Well, to be frank, neither Cody nor, for that matter, Vinnie are exactly fireballs of telegenic personality.

That definitely has to be taken into consideration when doing the editing. Where's the interest? With the Pauls and Mikey. THEN the bikes, then the support crew.

POST #58 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

markp99 is offline Old Post 06-15-2004 02:15 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for markp99 Find more posts by markp99 Add markp99 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
markp99
TakoKichi

quote:
Originally posted by Frylock
Coddington does keep an immaculate shop, but he also comes off as a complete moron when his entire crew calls him a moron and that he doesn't know what he is doing. And then the crew (and himself included) bash his wife.

Boyd really does come off like a moron...actually more of a DINK, IMO. I wonder if he has any editorial control of this show. Probably not, unless he feels this sort of image is just good entertainment.

Boyd seems borderline out of control/senile. It's obvious his hands-on skills are poor; he should stick to the PR stuff and keep his hands off.

I cannot imagine working for this guy. He just keeps arbitrarily dumping impossible schedules on his guys and expects miracles. Yes, this is part of the entrainment value, but would get really old as an employee...

The cars are beautiful, though...

POST #59 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Swirl_Junkie is offline Old Post 06-15-2004 02:55 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Swirl_Junkie Find more posts by Swirl_Junkie Add Swirl_Junkie to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Swirl_Junkie
Advanced Member

quote:
Originally posted by markp99

I cannot imagine working for this guy. He just keeps arbitrarily dumping impossible schedules on his guys and expects miracles. Yes, this is part of the entrainment value, but would get really old as an employee...

And why can't they ever get the parts they need for the cars they are building until two days after they need them? That's half the problem right there.

POST #60 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged