TiVo Community Forum Archive 1
READ ONLY ARCHIVES

Welcome to the TiVo Community Forum Archive
This archive covers threads on TiVo Community Forum that have not been posted to from the start until June 30, 2004.  Any thread that has a post made to it between 7/1/04 and 12/31/05, that had not been posted to, will be found in Archive 2.
This is a READ ONLY site.

Search | ARCHIVE 2 | MAIN SITE

TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.8 TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
>>> American Chopper <<<

Pages (4): [1] 2 3 4 Next »  
Forum Jump:
Search this Thread:
Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread ---> Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
edrock200 is offline Old Post 08-08-2003 09:53 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for edrock200 Find more posts by edrock200 Add edrock200 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
edrock200
TiVo Forum Special Member

American Chopper

I ran a search for "chopper" using the slowest option and only saw this show mentioned in passing...I think it deserves it's own thread. Does anyone else love this show like I do? I look forward to Monday nights because of this show. Monster Garage was a favorite of mine but their ideas have gotten really bad...I pretty much stopped watching after the hot dog cart hotrod.

I've never really been into motorcycles, I mean I've always thought they were cool but I know nothing about them...but this show really grabs my attention. Anyone else like it?

POST #1 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

biker is offline Old Post 08-08-2003 09:55 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for biker Find more posts by biker Add biker to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
biker
Advanced Member

I been watching since they both were on Letterman. I like that fireman bike they built.

POST #2 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

edrock200 is offline Old Post 08-08-2003 10:05 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for edrock200 Find more posts by edrock200 Add edrock200 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
edrock200

That bike was great! You should try and catch the black widow bike....amazing.

POST #3 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

ClutchBrake is offline Old Post 08-08-2003 10:28 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for ClutchBrake Visit ClutchBrake's homepage! Find more posts by ClutchBrake Add ClutchBrake to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ClutchBrake
Pass the gravy!

My dad met Paul Sr. last month. He said seeing him on TV doesn't give you any idea how big this guy really is. Said he was super nice.

Bachelorhood: Life, liberty, and the happiness of pursuit.

POST #4 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Satchel is offline Old Post 08-08-2003 10:39 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Satchel Find more posts by Satchel Add Satchel to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Satchel
Who, me?

Yeah, Monster Garage got boring when they started getting all the Freebies....that's severe cheating...and makes the show no fun at all...

I love American Chopper...my wife can't stand the arguing, so I watch when she isn't around...

POST #5 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

BeanMeScot is offline Old Post 08-08-2003 07:00 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for BeanMeScot Find more posts by BeanMeScot Add BeanMeScot to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
BeanMeScot

This is a really good show. I loved it when Paul Sr and Cody built the Old School Bike and then Paul gave it to Cody. Class act.

POST #6 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Crrink is offline Old Post 08-08-2003 07:34 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Crrink Find more posts by Crrink Add Crrink to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Crrink

I am not a fan of motorcycles at all. I do think jets and helicopters are pretty cool, though, so when I was over at my in-laws house and they had American Chopper on I saw the first part of the Comanche episode.
It was pretty good, and I really wanted to see how the bike turned out - ended up having to record the next two episodes to do that.

Didn't record any more after than, and found that I kind of missed the show, so I made a SP just in time to catch the first show of the Jet bike - cool.

I'm amazed at how well they can fabricate stuff on the spot. I love watching the bikes come together, and yeah, I find the constant bickering between the two Paul's to be entertaining.

Anyway, I like the show, and I certainly wasn't in the target audience. Glad I caught an episode by chance.

POST #7 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

edrock200 is offline Old Post 08-08-2003 09:32 PM
edrock200

Same here...never seemed like a show that would appeal to me. I also caught "Motorcycle Mania 2" which gives you a great look at the inside of Jesse James shop...his shop is amazing...he makes his wheels and even machines his own engines!

I must say American Chopper makes we want a chopper now. My wife even loves the show! When Paul Sr. gave the old school bike to Codey it was a great show....I really like all the themed bikes. The last episode of the comanche bike was great, especially how it came down to seconds.

POST #8 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Mr. Soze is offline Old Post 09-10-2003 06:29 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Mr. Soze Find more posts by Mr. Soze Add Mr. Soze to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Mr. Soze
Feed 'em to the pigs

If there was a show that I didn't think I'd like, but absolutely love, this is it. I watched the whole Labor Day Marathon. Now my new line at work is "I'm getting aggravated!" Paul Sr. rules!

And where is Mr Soze - look what happens when he starts a thread - Regor

POST #9 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

SWFan is offline Old Post 09-10-2003 06:53 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for SWFan Visit SWFan's homepage! Find more posts by SWFan Add SWFan to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
SWFan

Yep, I too am hooked on it. I'm not a gear head, but I find the fabrication process fascinating. Its almost unreal after watching a show and seeing the end result. Of course, the dynamics between Paul Sr., Jr. and Mike ad a flare to the show that makes it entertaining.

Pretty much every show has Sr. going off on how Jr.'s a slacker. I wonder what its like in their homes when they watch the shows as they air.

Captain Kirk: "Once again we've saved civilization as we know it."
Dr. McCoy: "And the good news is they're not going to prosecute."

POST #10 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

edrock200 is offline Old Post 09-10-2003 07:27 AM
edrock200

I've wondered that myself. I wonder when some new episodes are coming...Mikey cracks me up, those last episodes with his bike were really funny. I now find myself with a wishlist for motorcycle.

POST #11 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Frylock is offline Old Post 09-10-2003 07:46 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Frylock Find more posts by Frylock Add Frylock to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Frylock
Live Long and Tivo!

You'd think by now Paul Jr. would be tired of pulling all nighters to finish things just in time and stop slacking, but he never does.

He reminds me of that college kid who blows off the whole semester, crams for the final and gets an A in the class.

POST #12 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Sirius Black is offline Old Post 09-10-2003 08:29 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Sirius Black Visit Sirius Black's homepage! Find more posts by Sirius Black Add Sirius Black to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Sirius Black
aka Stubby Boardman

I'd be interested to see what a 'simple' bike costs? My guess is quite a bit more than an H-D. That hand-made craftmanship goes a long way. Especially these days.

I had a boss while I worked at a major semi-conductor manufacturing company who was very big into H-D bikes. He was a big guy who would wear a different H-D t-shirt everyday. He was also the sharpest, most intelligent person I have ever worked with. Pony tail, earrings, and all.

I would not be surprise if Paul Sr and company were the same way.

Usus libri, non lectio prudentes facit
Hoc per se nihil est, sed si minimum addideris maximum fieret

POST #13 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

edrock200 is offline Old Post 09-10-2003 11:32 PM
edrock200

I recall them saying on an interview with Leno that their bikes start at $30k. I believe the theme bikes run for $150k if they sell them.

POST #14 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

SWFan is offline Old Post 09-10-2003 11:47 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for SWFan Visit SWFan's homepage! Find more posts by SWFan Add SWFan to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
SWFan

quote:
Originally posted by edrock200
I recall them saying on an interview with Leno that their bikes start at $30k. I believe the theme bikes run for $150k if they sell them.

I seem to remember the $30K mark too, though I thought it was mentioned on the show itself at one point. The $150K bike they did sell was the race car bike. At the time they said that was the most they had ever received for a bike.

POST #15 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

edrock200 is offline Old Post 09-10-2003 11:50 PM
edrock200

Yeah on Leno he asked how much the bikes go for and he said regular bikes go for $30K+ and theme bikes for $150K+. Looks like they up'ed their prices. Their website showcases their standard bikes and they are really slick.

POST #16 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

ClutchBrake is offline Old Post 09-11-2003 12:01 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for ClutchBrake Visit ClutchBrake's homepage! Find more posts by ClutchBrake Add ClutchBrake to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ClutchBrake
Pass the gravy!

If I recall correctly the race car bike was built on a contract. They were given $150K to build a bike, they didn't build a bike and sell it for $150K.

Bachelorhood: Life, liberty, and the happiness of pursuit.

POST #17 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

edrock200 is offline Old Post 09-11-2003 06:19 AM
edrock200

But they have sold previous theme bikes, like the spider bike, without any prior contract.

POST #18 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

TiVo Rox is offline Old Post 09-11-2003 03:00 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for TiVo Rox Visit TiVo Rox's homepage! Find more posts by TiVo Rox Add TiVo Rox to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TiVo Rox
If I Fall Back Down

I've seen them all. I love the show! Hell, my girlfriend loves that show! We BOTH have season passes to it on our TiVos. That's when you know we like a show!

POST #19 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

FLbadgirl is offline Old Post 09-11-2003 07:42 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for FLbadgirl Find more posts by FLbadgirl Add FLbadgirl to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
FLbadgirl
Or is it NCbadgirl?

I have to admit I am addicted to the show and have a small baby crush on Paul Jr.

I can't wait to see them in Daytona Beach during Biketoberfest.

If you obey all the rules, you miss all the fun. — Katherine Hepburn

POST #20 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged