TiVo Community Forum Archive 1
READ ONLY ARCHIVES

Welcome to the TiVo Community Forum Archive
This archive covers threads on TiVo Community Forum that have not been posted to from the start until June 30, 2004.  Any thread that has a post made to it between 7/1/04 and 12/31/05, that had not been posted to, will be found in Archive 2.
This is a READ ONLY site.

Search | ARCHIVE 2 | MAIN SITE

TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.8 TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo
>>> A lucky? $99 HMO buyer <<<

Forum Jump:
Search this Thread:
Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread ---> Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
rajah is offline Old Post 08-15-2003 03:48 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for rajah Find more posts by rajah Add rajah to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rajah

A lucky? $99 HMO buyer

Wow, a $40 penalty for being an early adopter of HMO.
Not how to make friends and keep customers.

POST #1 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

mmascari is offline Old Post 08-15-2003 04:07 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for mmascari Find more posts by mmascari Add mmascari to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mmascari

I would like to recommend this thread in the Coffee House

http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-v...425#post1307425

Or if you look hard enough, you should be able to find several threads where people were upset that a small group was getting a discount about a month ago. Now it's a larger group, but the fact is the same. Prices Drop.

For everyone that feels upset about purchasing HMO before the discount was offered, I would like to suggest looking up "buyers remorse" someplace. This happens on purchases all the time, and doesn't have to be caused by price, but often is. You'll be happier if you learn to appreciate the time you had something before the price changed instead of being upset now that it's cheaper.

POST #2 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

lasergecko is offline Old Post 08-15-2003 11:21 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for lasergecko Find more posts by lasergecko Add lasergecko to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
lasergecko

I hate to admit the fact that I bought the third Rio 500 mp3 player from Best Buy in Springfield, Missouri...for $199. Now what is it worth? Twenty bucks?

It's the Early Adoptor Penalty and a fact of life.

POST #3 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Hopeless is offline Old Post 08-16-2003 07:49 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Hopeless Find more posts by Hopeless Add Hopeless to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Hopeless

First PC (a 286) about $1700

First VCR (with wired remote) about $1000

First blank VHS tapes $24 each (I split a case with my brother to get a good price break!)

First portable cd player (skipped like crazy) about $300

First TiVo (14 hour Series 1) $399 (and I waited til the price came down a little)

HMO $99

Hey, if you're going to buy things early on, expect to pay more. Consider HMO a cheap lesson, and learn to wait if it bothers you!

POST #4 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged