TiVo Community Forum Archive 1
READ ONLY ARCHIVES

Welcome to the TiVo Community Forum Archive
This archive covers threads on TiVo Community Forum that have not been posted to from the start until June 30, 2004.  Any thread that has a post made to it between 7/1/04 and 12/31/05, that had not been posted to, will be found in Archive 2.
This is a READ ONLY site.

Search | ARCHIVE 2 | MAIN SITE

TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.8 TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo
>>> A/V connection options - stereo hookup <<<

Forum Jump:
Search this Thread:
Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread ---> Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
jmms is offline Old Post 08-19-2003 10:46 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for jmms Find more posts by jmms Add jmms to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jmms

A/V connection options - stereo hookup

Stereo Receiver connections for music playback ??

So I have the Series2 hooked up as shown in the installation guide -Tvio RCA to my Stereo Receiver. I also have the second set of Tivo RCA OUT connected to the Stereo Receiver but this connection does not seem to do anything.

However when I play the music it comes out my center channel and I cannot seem to get the music to come out the main stereo speakers as it would if I was playing a normal CD/tuner etc.

Suggestions? Am I missing some configuration option? Different Tivo to Receiver connection strategy?

What I want is the music to play at the highest quality in full stereo - and not as though it's TV with the center channel.

Thanks for the help!

POST #1 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

tomlouie is offline Old Post 08-20-2003 01:40 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for tomlouie Find more posts by tomlouie Add tomlouie to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tomlouie

Does your receiver have a Dolby (or Theater) mode? It's the mode I use to watch TV & DVDs, and it pumps sound out of the left, center, right & rear channels.

However, when I use my TiVo to listen to music, I switch off the surround processing on the receiver, and it results in sound coming out of the left & right channels only.

Tom

POST #2 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Newt is offline Old Post 02-16-2004 04:26 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Newt Find more posts by Newt Add Newt to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Newt

Dolby Prologic/Dolby Surround not supported (?)

I've gone through the test a few times, MP3's WILL keep the Dolby ProlLogic encoding information, but the HMO playback isn't handling it properly. I can play 2 channel audio from Winamp all day long into my stereo and songs with Prologic I get 5 channel (left/right, center, rear left/rear right). Playing the same song through the HMO I only get center channel, which indicates they're doing something goofy with the left/right channels. I have to turn off the Prologic decoding on my receiver to get basic stereo out from the HMO player.

POST #3 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged