TiVo Community Forum Archive 1
READ ONLY ARCHIVES

Welcome to the TiVo Community Forum Archive
This archive covers threads on TiVo Community Forum that have not been posted to from the start until June 30, 2004.  Any thread that has a post made to it between 7/1/04 and 12/31/05, that had not been posted to, will be found in Archive 2.
This is a READ ONLY site.

Search | ARCHIVE 2 | MAIN SITE

TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.8 TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Suggestion Avenue
>>> "not" in wishlists <<<

Forum Jump:
Search this Thread:
Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread ---> Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Alexander is offline Old Post 03-31-2001 08:47 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Alexander Visit Alexander's homepage! Find more posts by Alexander Add Alexander to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Alexander
Advanced Member

Talking "not" in wishlists

I have no fewer than 121 wishlists (what's the limit?), and the maximum of 200 matches on the "view all upcoming" screen is a serious limitation. Ideally, there would be a way to view more than 200 (in pages?), but there is another easy thing that could generally make life easier for those of us with lots of wishlists -- for example:

JAY MOHR !SATURDAY
LINDSAY SLOANE !SABRINA

Specifically, I'm interested in things with Jay Mohr or Lindsay Sloane, but not Saturday Night Live or Sabrina the Teenage Witch, respectively. Further, these two shows end up generating lots of hits for my existing "JAY MOHR" and "LINDSAY SLOANE" wishlists, sucking up those valuable 200 matches.

Alex!

POST #1 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

colemanr is offline Old Post 04-01-2001 03:03 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for colemanr Find more posts by colemanr Add colemanr to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
colemanr

Talking

I've often wished that I could get a John Goodman wishlist without getting reruns of Rosanne (yuck!). They always comes in pairs, too ;(

------------------
Rob

POST #2 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 04-03-2001 10:00 AM
Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
goodkarma

Talking

Great suggestion for wishlists. I'd love to be able to say "NOT hoops" when looking for Chicago sports. We need a NOT. Is there one coming as far as anyone knows?

POST #3 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Raech is offline Old Post 04-05-2001 02:44 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Raech Find more posts by Raech Add Raech to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Raech
TiVo-ed since 11/00

Talking

yes I would use actor wishlists more if I could somehow let tivo know which shows or movies by that actor I hate or have already seen so I caould have it auto record, instead of having to look every week at my rows of actor wish lists and hit record.

------------------
version: 2.0.1.Z16-001-000
on two 30 hr single drive Philips TiVos Unhacked
(no cable box)

POST #4 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 04-05-2001 03:22 AM
goodkarma

Talking

How about an "OR" as well?

POST #5 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Dargon is offline Old Post 04-05-2001 06:54 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Dargon Find more posts by Dargon Add Dargon to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dargon

Talking

quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">How about an "OR" as well?</font>

OR can be done now simply by creating multiple wishlists.

I like the NOT suggestion. Then again, I'd like a full boolean expression capability, but that would make Tivo too hard to use for the average joe.

I think the NOT can be implemented in a pretty understandable manner though. I would be happy with a global "Do Not Record" list where I could list things I don't want recorded under any conditions. I'd add shows I hate, movies I have on VHS or DVD, etc.

Dargon

POST #6 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 04-05-2001 07:17 AM
goodkarma

Talking

But who wants to wade through 100+ wishlists? An "OR" would help de-clutter. However I would also take the "NOT" first.

[This message has been edited by goodkarma (edited 04-05-2001).]

POST #7 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

colemanr is offline Old Post 04-05-2001 08:16 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for colemanr Find more posts by colemanr Add colemanr to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
colemanr

Talking

Honestly, simply having wishlists take a cue from the thumbs ratings would improve things, I think. I routinely thumb down shows so that they don't get recorded as suggestions, but it still thinks that they should be recorded as a part of a wishlist (?). It could just be a binary thing that says 0-3 thumbs up: go ahead and record it, 1-3 thumbs down: I obviously don't want this recorded.

------------------
Rob

POST #8 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged