TiVo Community Forum Archive 1
READ ONLY ARCHIVES

Welcome to the TiVo Community Forum Archive
This archive covers threads on TiVo Community Forum that have not been posted to from the start until June 30, 2004.  Any thread that has a post made to it between 7/1/04 and 12/31/05, that had not been posted to, will be found in Archive 2.
This is a READ ONLY site.

Search | ARCHIVE 2 | MAIN SITE

TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.8 TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion
>>> Hey! Kid! Wanna see what I've got under my coat? <<<

Pages (18): « Prev 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Next » ... Last »  
Forum Jump:
Search this Thread:
Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread ---> Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Old Post 06-15-2001 09:55 PM
Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
outsider

Im starting to bite my nails........hurry before they`r gone.
Do cactus loose their leafs in september or october?????????

POST #41 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

kazymyr is offline Old Post 06-15-2001 09:57 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for kazymyr Visit kazymyr's homepage! Find more posts by kazymyr Add kazymyr to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
kazymyr
TiVo Forum Special Member

I'm in Manhattan, but my place is a bit small, and I don't have DirecTV...just this crappy TWCNYC. But by all means, let me know where the party'll be.

Edit: I can BMOB (bring my own beer).

Edit2: man, you want Manhattan, AND a place where more than 10 people will fit, AND 2 DirecTV feeds. I wouldn't think people having the right setup would be reading/posting on this board.

------------------
I/O, I/O, it's off to disk I go, with a read and a write, and a bit and a byte, I/O, I/O, I/O, I/O

[This message has been edited by kazymyr (edited 06-15-2001).]

POST #42 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

TiVolutionary is offline Old Post 06-15-2001 10:07 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for TiVolutionary Find more posts by TiVolutionary Add TiVolutionary to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TiVolutionary
Unemployed Geek

Cool

Okay! It looks like mabrym might have the best setup...

mabrym, are you sure you want to do this? We'll do RSVP only, and how many people can you host? We'll only give the address to that many people.

I'll need two DTV feeds, and a TV.

We'll need someone to be in charge of bringing beer, but we can problably order some food or something if mabrym isn't worried about us trashing the place. (maybrym, you should definately feel free to set rules, or back out altogether if this is more than you were bargaining for.)

I will try to find a meeting room at my hotel, but I'm not sure that will work, given the short notice.

-RB

POST #43 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 06-15-2001 10:13 PM
Mark Dubin

quote:
Originally posted by TiVolutionary:
So, I'll be in Manhattan next week...

Who want's to play host for a quick little demo?

Beer's on me!

-RB

Boy, what some people will do for a date....

POST #44 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Runestar is offline Old Post 06-15-2001 10:17 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Runestar Find more posts by Runestar Add Runestar to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Runestar

quote:
Originally posted by Mark Dubin:

Boy, what some people will do for a date....

I think RB's just lonely on these business trips. Why does he need to bring two Dtivos along anyway? Incase one breaks? Or to leave one behind by accident?

Runestar

POST #45 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

jakeyd is offline Old Post 06-15-2001 10:19 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for jakeyd Find more posts by jakeyd Add jakeyd to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jakeyd

I can probably help with the beer, I have friends in the beer business.

------------------
Philips 30 hour Version 2.01
Philips DSR6000 Version 2.01

POST #46 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Mabes is offline Old Post 06-15-2001 10:26 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Mabes Visit Mabes's homepage! Find more posts by Mabes Add Mabes to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Mabes
Midnight Man

quote:
Okay! It looks like mabrym might have the best setup...

I'll need two DTV feeds, and a TV.

-RB

Oh God, now I feel like an idiot. I didn't read the first post carefully enough, I don't have DirectTV. Of course you need that for dual tuners! Sorry.

But I could probably host a party afterward - we have great parties every Friday at my house. Have to check with the wife.

------------------
Mike - Phillips 30 Hour 2.0

"Never get off the boat. Absolutely g*#$#@% right."

POST #47 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

kazymyr is offline Old Post 06-15-2001 10:33 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for kazymyr Visit kazymyr's homepage! Find more posts by kazymyr Add kazymyr to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
kazymyr

quote:
Originally posted by Runestar:

I think RB's just lonely on these business trips. Why does he need to bring two Dtivos along anyway? Incase one breaks? Or to leave one behind by accident?

Runestar

No, what he's not telling us is he'll also demonstrate transfer of shows between the TiVos, or have them work in master/slave configuration, or.. Hey! I'm daydreaming again! Slap!

------------------
I/O, I/O, it's off to disk I go, with a read and a write, and a bit and a byte, I/O, I/O, I/O, I/O

POST #48 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

TiVolutionary is offline Old Post 06-15-2001 10:35 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for TiVolutionary Find more posts by TiVolutionary Add TiVolutionary to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TiVolutionary
Unemployed Geek

Cool

That's okay! How long can you stand perfectly still with an 18" dish in your hand on the roof?

I've called my hotel to ask if they have a meeting room we can use. I was hoping for a more "homey" feel, but I don't really want to impose on anyone.

I'll have more info when they call me back.

-RB

POST #49 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Bilbrey is offline Old Post 06-15-2001 10:38 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Bilbrey Visit Bilbrey's homepage! Find more posts by Bilbrey Add Bilbrey to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bilbrey

Cool

I have a DirecTV!!! You can do it on my set up!!!
http://homepage.mac.com/bilbrey/
(See picture of home theatre)

A layover in Chicago? Or perhaps even talking Philips into moving where the meeting is?

Brett

------------------
Experience is the one thing you get, right after you need it.

POST #50 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Mabes is offline Old Post 06-15-2001 10:41 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Mabes Visit Mabes's homepage! Find more posts by Mabes Add Mabes to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Mabes
Midnight Man

quote:
That's okay! How long can you stand perfectly still with an 18" dish in your hand on the roof?

-RB

Would it be possible to have a temporary DirectTV setup, with equipment from another forum member? Know nothing about how they are set up so don't know if it is practical.

Edit: actually forget that, the dish does have to be mounted somewhere and I can't get permission from the landlord for something temporary. But a party next Friday is an option - aren't you having, or have already had, a TiVo party on the west coast?

------------------
Mike - Phillips 30 Hour 2.0

"Never get off the boat. Absolutely g*#$#@% right."

[This message has been edited by mabrym (edited 06-15-2001).]

POST #51 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

wayne is offline Old Post 06-15-2001 10:57 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for wayne Find more posts by wayne Add wayne to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
wayne
Advanced Member

Biggest issue for that is which way your windows face and if you have a clear view of the satellite, i.e. no World Trade center in the way. For NY, that's pretty much straight SW. and at a 35 degree angle up.

POST #52 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

kazymyr is offline Old Post 06-15-2001 11:02 PM
kazymyr

quote:
Originally posted by wayne:
Biggest issue for that is which way your windows face and if you have a clear view of the satellite, i.e. no World Trade center in the way. For NY, that's pretty much straight SW. and at a 35 degree angle up.

Yep, that's pretty much why I don't have DirecTV - my windows are towards NE. Much quieter and great for sunrises, but no satellite in view.

------------------

POST #53 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Kablemodem is offline Old Post 06-15-2001 11:18 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Kablemodem Find more posts by Kablemodem Add Kablemodem to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Kablemodem
Favorite Poster

I live not too far from Manhattan Beach.

POST #54 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 06-15-2001 11:18 PM
Freelance

I believe I'm a little far off for your demo, but if you ever get out near Rochester you're more than welcome to use my house. About 2000 square feet, with 550 square foot deck (perfect for a BBQ Demo Party), and 27000 square foot yard. Have DirectTiVo, 53" Sony Projection Screen and full Bose surround sound theatre. Rochester is about midway between Buffalo and Syracuse so it might not be a bad place if you ever want to target those cities for a demo.

My wife and I wouldn't mind hosting at all. All the people you can pack in...

Just thought I'd offer...

------------------
Military Mistake Management List

1-Admit nothing
2-Deny everything
3-Demand proof
4-Blame a Private

POST #55 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

perilous is offline Old Post 06-15-2001 11:21 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for perilous Find more posts by perilous Add perilous to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
perilous

quote:

I've called my hotel to ask if they have a meeting room we can use. I was hoping for a more "homey" feel, but I don't really want to impose on anyone.

-RB

If not too late, have set-up you need (multi-switch, dual LNB, etc.), plenty of room and love beer (plus my in-ground pool/spa is open, too!). Only problem is I am in New Jersey but there are easy directions to get here...Let me know ASAP!

Perilous

POST #56 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

ILoveMyTiVo is offline Old Post 06-15-2001 11:26 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for ILoveMyTiVo Find more posts by ILoveMyTiVo Add ILoveMyTiVo to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ILoveMyTiVo

quote:
Originally posted by perilous:
Only problem is I am in New Jersey but there are easy directions to get here.
Most people that live in Manhattan don't have a car (I think). Still easy to get there? I would think queens or brooklyn is ok though since the subway goes there.

[This message has been edited by ILoveMyTiVo (edited 06-15-2001).]

POST #57 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

perilous is offline Old Post 06-15-2001 11:39 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for perilous Find more posts by perilous Add perilous to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
perilous

Smile

quote:
Originally posted by ILoveMyTiVo:
[/B]
Most people that live in Manhattan don't have a car (I think). Still easy to get there? I would think queens or brooklyn is ok though since the subway goes there.

[This message has been edited by ILoveMyTiVo (edited 06-15-2001).][/B][/QUOTE]

You're right...to get to me, a car would be needed (although mass transit will get you within a couple of miles); however, car pools or a van or two could be arranged. Would be more convenient for those in the city if someone in the city has the right set-up, but if not, "mi casa es tu casa"...

POST #58 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 06-15-2001 11:44 PM
cmyers2

quote:

-RB[/B]

Will a hotel have Direct TV?

C.

POST #59 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

TiVolutionary is offline Old Post 06-15-2001 11:49 PM
TiVolutionary
Unemployed Geek

Cool

Actually... they don't.

Still working on it.

Please email me with your specifics if you know a place we can use!

Thanks,
-RB

POST #60 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged