TiVo Community Forum Archive 1
READ ONLY ARCHIVES

Welcome to the TiVo Community Forum Archive
This archive covers threads on TiVo Community Forum that have not been posted to from the start until June 30, 2004.  Any thread that has a post made to it between 7/1/04 and 12/31/05, that had not been posted to, will be found in Archive 2.
This is a READ ONLY site.

Search | ARCHIVE 2 | MAIN SITE

TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.8 TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion
>>> Hey! Kid! Wanna see what I've got under my coat? <<<

Pages (18): « Prev 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 Next » ... Last »  
Forum Jump:
Search this Thread:
Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread ---> Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Old Post 06-15-2001 11:52 PM
Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
winston2323

Thumbs up

quote:
Originally posted by ILoveMyTiVo:
Most people that live in Manhattan don't have a car (I think). Still easy to get there? I would think queens or brooklyn is ok though since the subway goes there.

I live within 2-3 blocks of a NJTransit bus route that originates at Port Authority. That seems easy enough for all of you city folk.

[This message has been edited by winston2323 (edited 06-15-2001).]

[This message has been edited by winston2323 (edited 06-15-2001).]

POST #61 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

perilous is offline Old Post 06-16-2001 12:13 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for perilous Find more posts by perilous Add perilous to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
perilous

[QUOTE]Originally posted by winston2323:
[B] I live within 2-3 blocks of a NJTransit bus route that originates at Port Authority. That seems easy enough for all of you city folk.

Agree that Lodi via mass transit would be more convenient for NYC folks than my location (near Freehold)...if not my place or yours I hope we get invite!

POST #62 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 06-16-2001 12:19 AM
pasha

RB,

Which hotel you have in your mind?
-p

POST #63 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

midnightmaraude is offline Old Post 06-16-2001 01:16 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for midnightmaraude Find more posts by midnightmaraude Add midnightmaraude to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
midnightmaraude

Hello Tivolutionary..
I'm a concierge for AMerican Express Concierges. I can do the research for you and find a place that does do it. Just let me know where you need it and for when and how many people. As well as a budget .. let me know.

If your not interested in that .. you can come to my house in Mass. hehe I have two directv feeds.

email me at jellis@circles.com

POST #64 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 06-16-2001 02:17 AM
bryanh

quote:
Originally posted by patrickpiteo:
Hey RB,

Is Queens New York close enough for you. I mean its only 30 minutes from the big city.

Wow - Queens and Middle Village. I born in Queens and lived in Middle Village for over 10 years.

(Nothing to do with the thread - But I saw Queens and Middle Village on the profile )

We now return you to our thread - already in progress (Don't you hate that "in progress" part)

POST #65 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Stele is offline Old Post 06-16-2001 03:30 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Stele Find more posts by Stele Add Stele to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Stele

Talking

People tell me I should be in Tivo sales - I have a SA Tivo and a DTV Tivo, both wired via a digital multiplexor throughout the house, and every time someone comes over and asks where my VCR is I launch into a 30 minute sales pitch.

Richard, bring your units to Madison, WI. The beer here is great, and my house is perfect for this kind of thing: http://www.fxtech.com/house/house.html

Puleeze!!

[This message has been edited by Stele (edited 06-15-2001).]

POST #66 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

oosik77 is offline Old Post 06-16-2001 04:04 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for oosik77 Visit oosik77's homepage! Find more posts by oosik77 Add oosik77 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
oosik77
TiVo Maniac

quote:
Originally posted by Stele:
[B]People tell me I should be in Tivo sales - I have a SA Tivo and a DTV Tivo, both wired via a digital multiplexor throughout the house, and every time someone comes over and asks where my VCR is I launch into a 30 minute sales pitch.

Every time I wear my TiVo polo or TiVo t-shirt I make a point to try and get into Best Buy at lunch. Sold one this week.

------------------
I'm Porky Pig of Borg you will be assim-assim-assim- absorbed.

POST #67 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

jeffspam is offline Old Post 06-16-2001 05:40 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for jeffspam Find more posts by jeffspam Add jeffspam to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jeffspam

Perhaps someone knows of a bar or restaurant with a DirecTV dish and a tech savvy owner/manager?

BTW - If it's before thursday, count me in.

[This message has been edited by jeffspam (edited 06-15-2001).]

POST #68 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

TWPaulus is offline Old Post 06-16-2001 08:08 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for TWPaulus Find more posts by TWPaulus Add TWPaulus to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TWPaulus
TiVo Forum Special Member

I think you all are missing the point if he has two d'tivo with two tuners that means he has a operational softwre. And if he has operational software I want it now. So what if it has a few bugs what we talk about if it didn't. So send it to everybody now and we all can have are own party whereever we live.

I know they said summer but wouldn't it be nice if a software company could actually beat there dead line for once.

------------------
Tom Paulus
a TV nut that's hard to crack.

POST #69 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

kazymyr is offline Old Post 06-16-2001 08:54 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for kazymyr Visit kazymyr's homepage! Find more posts by kazymyr Add kazymyr to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
kazymyr

quote:
Originally posted by TWPaulus:
I think you all are missing the point if he has two d'tivo with two tuners that means he has a operational softwre.

Well duh, what do you think all the fuss is about?

------------------
I/O, I/O, it's off to disk I go, with a read and a write, and a bit and a byte, I/O, I/O, I/O, I/O

POST #70 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Pan Chun is offline Old Post 06-16-2001 07:47 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Pan Chun Find more posts by Pan Chun Add Pan Chun to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Pan Chun
Gone now

Question

quote:
Originally posted by TiVolutionary:
No! Dual Tuners is for DIRECTV Receivers with TiVo Service.

-RB

I have noticed that it no longer seems to be referred to as a "DirecTiVo." Is that an official move? Or was that moniker simply something we were tossing around here, but which was never in official use?

------------------
The I-R Blaster--
Works better than I thought but
I miss DSS

POST #71 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

mostman is offline Old Post 06-16-2001 09:26 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for mostman Find more posts by mostman Add mostman to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mostman

quote:
Originally posted by Pan Chun:
I have noticed that it no longer seems to be referred to as a "DirecTiVo." Is that an official move? Or was that moniker simply something we were tossing around here, but which was never in official use?

The latter

-Mike

------------------
Star Trek - Dark Beer - Linux - TiVo
What the hell else do you need?

POST #72 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 06-16-2001 10:39 PM
arjay

quote:
Originally posted by Pan Chun:

OT, but until someone slaps the fingercuffs on me, so called SA PVR's are ReplayTIVO's, and DirecTV receivers with TIVO service are DirecTIVO's.

Shorter (and kinda' cutesy)!

Now about the DirecTIVO's with two tuners enabled......

POST #73 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 06-16-2001 10:54 PM
outsider

Should we call it DirecTITIVO?

POST #74 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 06-17-2001 01:22 AM
wrakoski

RB,

Don't know where you're flying from, but if its from the southeast you'll probably go through Atlanta.

I'll be your Vanna White in Atlanta and host the demo! You can use my house too.

Count me in!

Warren

POST #75 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 06-17-2001 01:45 AM
cmyers2

quote:
Originally posted by jeffspam:
Perhaps someone knows of a bar or restaurant with a DirecTV dish and a tech savvy owner/manager?

That's a great idea. I know of a few bars here in Brooklyn Heights and Park Slope that have Direct TV, but let's try to find someplace in the City (Manhattan). Anyone have a connection?

I can't believe it is so hard to find a New Yorker with DirectTV. I know that buildings sometimes frown upon a dish, but I installed mine with minimum hassle. (Dish System not Direct--Can't live without the Superstations that somehow manage to keep going and going, just like the Energizer Bunny)

If we can't get the assistance of a "friend" or a "friendly" set-up, perhaps we could try to make it somewhat "official" -- kind of like the Tivo Demo days. We could rent a bar for an evening, or get them to donate the space in exchange for advertising and good will and invite the public. It could be a small time PR event to raise Tivo awareness.

And considering that there are so few New Yorkers here on the forums, it seems clear that Tivo needs to build more of a market presence here in the city.

I am available for help if needed. Just let me know.

Cathryn
cathrynmyers@yahoo.com

POST #76 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 06-17-2001 08:27 AM
mikedcusa

Talking

I just happened to see this here tonight, and thought I would offer my assistance, and see if it works out for everyone. I live in West New York, NJ. I'm right on the Hudson, across from Manhattan. For those of you in Manhattan, it is extremely easy to get to me. You can take the NY Waterway ferry from 38th St. (it's a 6 min. ferry ride), my apartment complex is just up the road from the pier. My apartment is about 1300sf, so I can probably accomodate, the # of people that you're looking to have, plus I've got a couple of balconies with a killer view (good for drinking beer on!!).
I just recently moved in, and had my dish set up last week. I already have 2 lines running into my Philips DirecTivo, plus a 3rd directly into my RCA 38" widescreen, that has a DirecTV tuner built in.

So, I'm very close, very convenient, easily accessible to everyone, and got all the right equipment....let me know what you think???

Mike

POST #77 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Hi-Tech Redneck is offline Old Post 06-17-2001 04:55 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Hi-Tech Redneck Find more posts by Hi-Tech Redneck Add Hi-Tech Redneck to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Hi-Tech Redneck

Oh well! Richard if ya ever choose to come down Gnashville way to do a demo, I've got 16 acres and a hottub for 6. I figure I can park a couple of hundred cars in my front yard, and best of all I have DTV and enough coax to cable a dozen homes. If you hurry you can catch the last day of Fanfare, and hundreds of pounds of Tennessee BBQ down on the Cumberland River.

------------------
A 312 and 31201 both running V2.0
& a pair of 112's on loan to friends & family.

POST #78 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Bilbrey is offline Old Post 06-17-2001 11:22 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Bilbrey Visit Bilbrey's homepage! Find more posts by Bilbrey Add Bilbrey to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bilbrey

Smile

quote:
Originally posted by Hi-Tech Redneck:
If you hurry you can catch the last day of Fanfare, and hundreds of pounds of Tennessee BBQ down on the Cumberland River.

My grandparents were from around Newport... The food here in Chicago still can't touch a good Tennessee BBQ.

Some of my best memories growing up were of the summer picnics.

Sigh. Now I'm homesick.

Tennessee... ah, fond memories.

Brett

------------------
Experience is the one thing you get, right after you need it.

POST #79 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 06-18-2001 03:39 AM
arjay

quote:
Originally posted by mikedcusa:
I live in West New York, NJ. I'm right on the Hudson, across from Manhattan. For those of you in Manhattan, it is extremely easy to get to me. You can take the NY Waterway ferry from 38th St. (it's a 6 min. ferry ride)

It sounds like you have great digs!

As a kid from N.J. who used to ride the train ferry's to Manhatten when I could, I'm curious:

This "NY Waterway" ferry is one of those new fast boats, right. What does it connect with on the Jersey side? Buses? Is it the only cross Hudson ferry now? Was it set up to reduce congestion in the Lincoln tunnel? How much does it cost?

When I was a kid (waxing nostalgic) I would, on occasion, take the S.I. Ferry to St. George, the S.I.R.T to Tottenville, the Perth Amboy Ferry to Jersey (long gone; the ferry, not Jersey), and the bus home.

I understand you can get as far as Tottenville, these days for $3.00, and the S.I. Ferry is free for pedestrians. (It used to cost a nickle.) The whole trip, the poor man's train and boat excursion, used to cost around a buck, including $.15 for the subway to the Battery.

POST #80 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged