TiVo Community Forum Archive 1
READ ONLY ARCHIVES

Welcome to the TiVo Community Forum Archive
This archive covers threads on TiVo Community Forum that have not been posted to from the start until June 30, 2004.  Any thread that has a post made to it between 7/1/04 and 12/31/05, that had not been posted to, will be found in Archive 2.
This is a READ ONLY site.

Search | ARCHIVE 2 | MAIN SITE

TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.8 TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion
>>> Hey! Kid! Wanna see what I've got under my coat? <<<

Pages (18): « First ... « Prev 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 Next » ... Last »  
Forum Jump:
Search this Thread:
Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread ---> Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
dmprantz is offline Old Post 06-18-2001 04:52 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for dmprantz Find more posts by dmprantz Add dmprantz to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dmprantz

quote:
Originally posted by Bilbrey:
The food here in Chicago still can't touch a good Tennessee BBQ.

Brett,

Chicago wishes it was Tennessee! Chicago thinks it has BBQ? I laugh at their attempts. Chicago thinks it can become a home of the blues just because they build a bar? Talk about posers.

Daniel M. Pomerantz

POST #81 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

TiVolutionary is offline Old Post 06-18-2001 05:24 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for TiVolutionary Find more posts by TiVolutionary Add TiVolutionary to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TiVolutionary
Unemployed Geek

Cool

Okay,

If you could make it to a Demo in Jersey on Tuesday night, please let me know.

I'm still not postive it will work, but send an email to TiVolutionary@TiVo.com with "I'm in!" in the subject, and we'll get a count.

-RB

POST #82 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 06-18-2001 05:55 AM
Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MassRocket

If you can swing on up to the Boston area (this is pretty fertile DirecTV/TiVo territory) after NYC, I would be happy to host another sneak preview.

POST #83 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Marco is offline Old Post 06-18-2001 07:06 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Marco Find more posts by Marco Add Marco to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Marco
Malfeasor

Question

quote:
Originally posted by TiVolutionary:
Okay,

If you could make it to a Demo in Jersey on Tuesday night, please let me know...

-RB

What exit?

Seriously ... NJ ain't as small as it looks from California, or even from the air above LaGuardia. What _general_ area?

------------------
P1&gt; UM/36/US/VA T3 Wabcfghijk C[c++ msrg+ $p--] E3
T1&gt; MP14 H81 V2.0.1 Q+ F+ C+ $ V S- P+++ W[a+ d k]
T2&gt; PD35 V2.0.1 F+ C+ $+ V S- P+
T3&gt; PD35 V2.0.1 F+ C+ $+ V S- P+

POST #84 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

TiVolutionary is offline Old Post 06-18-2001 09:47 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for TiVolutionary Find more posts by TiVolutionary Add TiVolutionary to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TiVolutionary
Unemployed Geek

Cool

Within 45 minutes of Manhattan... I hope!

POST #85 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

ILoveMyTiVo is offline Old Post 06-18-2001 09:49 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for ILoveMyTiVo Find more posts by ILoveMyTiVo Add ILoveMyTiVo to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ILoveMyTiVo
TiVo Forum Special Member

Can we assume we won't need a car to get there - that there will be some form of public transportation (bus/ferry/whatever) to get there?

POST #86 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

dmaneyapanda is offline Old Post 06-18-2001 05:46 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for dmaneyapanda Find more posts by dmaneyapanda Add dmaneyapanda to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dmaneyapanda
TiVo Forum Special Member

we're talking about meeting at mike's house in West New York, right? about 15 minutes from manhatten?

or are other destinations in NJ possible?

another question: what time are we looking at? i'm most likely in the early evening (6-8ish), decreasing as it gets later, since once I go home to princeton from work (East Hanover), I'm probably staying there.

dinesh

------------------
DVI/HDCP sucks. DFAST sucks. Boycott JVC.

POST #87 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 06-18-2001 06:50 PM
mikedcusa

Well, I'm not sure if this means at my place or not? I live right off River Rd., just down the road from the Ferry terminal in Weehawken. The ferry is $5 each way, and there is a shuttle bus that will take you from the terminal to my apartment complex (5 min.). There are also free buses in Manhattan that will take you to the 38th St. Terminal. You can check out the bus routes, and ferry schedule at their website http://www.nywaterway.com. What time are we looking to do this, so I can make sure I'm out of work early enough? If the decision is made to do it at my place, please email me at mikedcusa@hotmail.com and I'll supply you with my address, and directions, if needed.

Mike

POST #88 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

TiVolutionary is offline Old Post 06-18-2001 07:40 PM
TiVolutionary
Unemployed Geek

Cool

Okay, there are 4 or 5 people who said they can make it.

I'm getting on a plane this morning, and when I get there I'll figure out the legistics, and if I can do it. I do have commitments until early evening, but maybe it will work anyway.

-RB

POST #89 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

unixadm is offline Old Post 06-18-2001 08:40 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for unixadm Visit unixadm's homepage! Find more posts by unixadm Add unixadm to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
unixadm

I'm in Lake Hopatcong, NJ...Exit 28 off of 80....about 40 miles from Manahatten (15 miles West of Parisppany). There is a train station 1/2 mile from my house (you can take the train direct from Hoboken, or take the Penn Station Train to Dover, and switch trains).

If this is more convenient for everyone, let me (and Tivolutionary) know.

------------------
TiVo has forever changed the way I view TV!

Check out my Tivo Upgrade page...Still under contruction but has photos and instructions of upgrade.
http://www.tivo.tvheaven.com

IF YOU NEED A MULTISWITCH, CHECK OUT MY POST HERE:
http://www.avsforum.com/ubbtivo/For...TML/000265.html
I GOT A GREAT PRICE ON A BULK OF SPAUN COMMERCIAL GRADE SWITCHES.

POST #90 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 06-18-2001 08:53 PM
pasha

nj works for me
-p

POST #91 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 06-18-2001 09:52 PM
arjay

quote:
Originally posted by mikedcusa:
The ferry is $5 each way, and there is a shuttle bus that will take you from the terminal to my apartment complex (5 min.). There are also free buses in Manhattan that will take you to the 38th St. Terminal. You can check out the bus routes, and ferry schedule at their website http://www.nywaterway.com.

Thanks for the ferry link and info. I hope the preview works out well for everyone. You have a great location.

Apparently Weehawken is quite upscale these days. I notice the midtown ferry's are much more expensive than the downtown ones. Glad to see they're back. Sure beats a bus in a tunnel, or a crowded tube, er, PATH ride.

POST #92 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 06-19-2001 03:58 AM
WhiteLightning

I'm in NYC.

Have a multiswitch, and pleanty of lines to my 57 inch HDTV.

Still need a place?

WL

POST #93 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

JJ is offline Old Post 06-19-2001 04:24 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for JJ Find more posts by JJ Add JJ to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JJ
TiVoPlantation Owner

Wink

Black OPS is on the case...
Black helicopters circling now...
It is difficult to peek in a 19th floor window with all the bigger buildings around. Maybe we need smaller helicopters?

------------------
JJ
TiVo "Black OPS"

[This message has been edited by JJ (edited 06-18-2001).]

POST #94 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 06-19-2001 04:28 AM
cmyers2

quote:
Originally posted by WhiteLightning:
I'm in NYC.

Have a multiswitch, and pleanty of lines to my 57 inch HDTV.

Still need a place?

WL

Do you have Direct TV?

POST #95 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

TiVolutionary is offline Old Post 06-19-2001 08:13 AM
TiVolutionary
Unemployed Geek

Cool

Okay, here's the deal. I'm too caught up in silly meetings to figure this out, but that shouldn't stop us from doing it. If you guys can figure out where and when is best, I'll just show up with a TiVo. Once you've got it worked out, some folks here know how to page me. I'll show up with a TiVo and a credit card!

Thanks,
-RB

POST #96 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 06-19-2001 08:49 AM
pasha

So where and when?

-p

POST #97 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 06-19-2001 08:55 AM
mikedcusa

Well...I'm willing to host this little shindig, just let me know who's interested? At this point, it's going to be pretty last minute, since I believe Robert was looking to do this around 6:30 or 7pm tomorrow. So if we're gonna do this, we need to firm something up pretty quickly. My email address once again is mikedcusa@hotmail.com Just let me know, and I'll be ready!!

Mike

POST #98 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

unixadm is offline Old Post 06-19-2001 09:08 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for unixadm Visit unixadm's homepage! Find more posts by unixadm Add unixadm to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
unixadm

Lets get an idea of where everyone is coming from....

As I posted before, I am exit 28 off of Route 80 (Lake Hopatcong area)....I am willing to host as well....If most are closer to "mikedcusa", then we can make it in West NY, NJ...If most are closer to North Western NJ , then we can do it here at my place....I can hold about 15-20 people.

If you are going, post which is better for you.

------------------
TiVo has forever changed the way I view TV!

Check out my Tivo Upgrade page...Still under contruction but has photos and instructions of upgrade.
http://www.tivo.tvheaven.com

IF YOU NEED A MULTISWITCH, CHECK OUT MY POST HERE:
http://www.avsforum.com/ubbtivo/For...TML/000265.html
I GOT A GREAT PRICE ON A BULK OF SPAUN COMMERCIAL GRADE SWITCHES.

POST #99 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 06-19-2001 09:10 AM
TiVo_Kevin

Wink

I was going to suggest my place but it is 1 hr outside the city. And since I already kinda had a demo at my house already (60 Minutes), my vote goes with Mike. Since I live in NJ and travel the mass transit here, Mike has the most centrally located place to get the most people. I do not think I can make it out to West New York though. To bad because I wanted to meet the man, the myth, the legend, RB. Have fun with it guys and let me know how it turns out.

------------------
TiVo_Kevin
"Why watch 60 Minutes in 60, when you can watch it in 45?"

POST #100 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged