TiVo Community Forum Archive 1
READ ONLY ARCHIVES

Welcome to the TiVo Community Forum Archive
This archive covers threads on TiVo Community Forum that have not been posted to from the start until June 30, 2004.  Any thread that has a post made to it between 7/1/04 and 12/31/05, that had not been posted to, will be found in Archive 2.
This is a READ ONLY site.

Search | ARCHIVE 2 | MAIN SITE

TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.8 TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo
>>> Another Tivo Beacon issue <<<

Forum Jump:
Search this Thread:
Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread ---> Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
MysticVenom is offline Old Post 10-03-2003 01:29 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for MysticVenom Find more posts by MysticVenom Add MysticVenom to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MysticVenom

Another Tivo Beacon issue

I also am getting the Tivo Connect Beacon is not available error. I followed the steps in the article to correct it, no luck.

Also, the Tivo Connect Beacon service is running - no issues stopping or starting it. I haven't installed any software/hardware since the last time it worked (no patches installed since last time either).

I have uninstalled/reinstalled Tivo Desktop to no avail as well.

My setup:
WinXP Pro w/SP1
100Mb Cat5 (Tivo has no connectivity issues, neither do my computers)
External firewall (no firewall software involved here)

I've had Home Media Option since day 1 and this is the first time its given me any issue.

Any suggestions?

POST #1 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Graeber is offline Old Post 10-05-2003 09:29 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Graeber Find more posts by Graeber Add Graeber to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Graeber

I am having the same problems. All of a sudden, it just stopped working. I really have no clue. I have since tried out the Java HMO and it works fine. But i really am mad that I cant figure out why the standard client wont work.

-Graeber

POST #2 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Flojomojo is offline Old Post 10-05-2003 10:18 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Flojomojo Visit Flojomojo's homepage! Find more posts by Flojomojo Add Flojomojo to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Flojomojo
Handsome Devil

Same here, but I can't rule out the possibility that a Windows patch or McAfee patch broke it. I tried disabling the on-access virus scan, which didn't help at all. I guess I'll go get the alternative server until this is fixed.

POST #3 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

MysticVenom is offline Old Post 10-07-2003 02:43 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for MysticVenom Find more posts by MysticVenom Add MysticVenom to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MysticVenom

I installed the TivoDesktop on another one of my systems and shared the files over to it instead (Windows 2000 Server) and it works fine from there. This is just frustrating as I'd rather not have it run from my server.

POST #4 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Dmon is offline Old Post 10-09-2003 04:47 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Dmon Find more posts by Dmon Add Dmon to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dmon

I too am getting the "Tivo Connect Beacon is not available error".

I recently purchased HMO & I have had no problem with Multi-Room Viewing or remote scheduling on my 2 TiVos, but I have never been able to get Music & Photo sharing to work.

I have tried reinstalling Tivo Desktop, I have disabled my firewall, and I have tried re-starting the TiVo server and I still get the message that the Connect Beacon is not available.

I am running Win98SE on an IBM Thinkpad 390X laptop, with AVG for anti-virus.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

- Dan

POST #5 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

flong2000 is offline Old Post 10-11-2003 06:53 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for flong2000 Find more posts by flong2000 Add flong2000 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
flong2000

Me Too!

I'm getting the "Tivo Connect Beacon is not available!" as well and have attempted everything the previous posters tried. The TiVo Connect Beacon service is running. However, if I open the TiVo Publisher and select "TiVo Server Properties", I get this error message:
"The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion."

Somebody please help!!! I've already been through the WUSB11 v2.6 vs. v2.8 debacle and had to drive 20 miles to the closest Wal-Mart to get a v2.6 wireless adapter. I just want this thing to work!!! I'm starting to regret recommending TiVo to friends and wondering if HMO is ready for prime time.

POST #6 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

rd4dtony is offline Old Post 10-20-2003 06:53 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for rd4dtony Find more posts by rd4dtony Add rd4dtony to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rd4dtony

I had the same problems on my server. I finally just uninstalled the Tivo desktop software and went with the javaHMO software instead. It's a new sorceforge project that first off WORKS! and also gives you more features like movie listings & weather for you area. Check it out at

sourceforge[dot]net/projects/javahmo

POST #7 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Flojomojo is offline Old Post 10-21-2003 09:46 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Flojomojo Visit Flojomojo's homepage! Find more posts by Flojomojo Add Flojomojo to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Flojomojo
Handsome Devil

Yes, the Java version is much slicker, but isn't quite as friendly on the desktop as the Tivo brand. It's great having Shoutcast streams, though.

POST #8 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged