TiVo Community Forum Archive 1
READ ONLY ARCHIVES

Welcome to the TiVo Community Forum Archive
This archive covers threads on TiVo Community Forum that have not been posted to from the start until June 30, 2004.  Any thread that has a post made to it between 7/1/04 and 12/31/05, that had not been posted to, will be found in Archive 2.
This is a READ ONLY site.

Search | ARCHIVE 2 | MAIN SITE

TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.8 TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Help Center
>>> Philips 110 Series One issue - Help! <<<

Forum Jump:
Search this Thread:
Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread ---> Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
ParsonsBri is offline Old Post 10-07-2003 06:39 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for ParsonsBri Find more posts by ParsonsBri Add ParsonsBri to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ParsonsBri

Philips 110 Series One issue - Help!

I just pulled out my series one unit from storage to use in my home office.
It was working fine until I changed zip codes and repeated guided setup.

I can navigate around the screens, but when I press live tv, it pauses and then restarts ending up back at the now showing menu. This cycle just repeats and I cannot get to live tv.

Any ideas?

POST #1 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

ADent is offline Old Post 10-08-2003 05:54 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for ADent Find more posts by ADent Add ADent to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ADent
TiVo Forum Special Member

Try doing a full factory reset.

POST #2 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

TiVoBill is offline Old Post 10-08-2003 05:56 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for TiVoBill Visit TiVoBill's homepage! Find more posts by TiVoBill Add TiVoBill to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TiVoBill
Advanced Member

Re: Philips 110 Series One issue - Help!

quote:
Originally posted by ParsonsBri
I just pulled out my series one unit from storage to use in my home office.
It was working fine until I changed zip codes and repeated guided setup.

I can navigate around the screens, but when I press live tv, it pauses and then restarts ending up back at the now showing menu. This cycle just repeats and I cannot get to live tv.

Any ideas?

What software version is it running? There was a bug in either 1.2.1 or 1.3 that caused the symptom if you tried to repeat Guided Setup when you didn't have service (rebooting whenever you go to Live TV).

POST #3 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

ParsonsBri is offline Old Post 10-10-2003 02:21 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for ParsonsBri Find more posts by ParsonsBri Add ParsonsBri to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ParsonsBri

It is running 1.3 and the situation you describe is mine. Is there anything I can do. I already tried the factory reset and now I am stuck.

POST #4 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

TiVoBill is offline Old Post 10-13-2003 09:58 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for TiVoBill Visit TiVoBill's homepage! Find more posts by TiVoBill Add TiVoBill to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TiVoBill
Advanced Member

quote:
Originally posted by ParsonsBri
It is running 1.3 and the situation you describe is mine. Is there anything I can do. I already tried the factory reset and now I am stuck.

You will need service. If you send me your name and TiVo service number, I will get you set up for a few days of temporary service. During that time you can update to software version 3.0 and you shouldn't see that issue any longer.

POST #5 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

kdragos is offline Old Post 06-28-2004 07:53 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for kdragos Find more posts by kdragos Add kdragos to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
kdragos

Exclamation Same Problem!!!

TiVoBill,

I'm having the same problem posted below. Just installed an HDR212 with Version 1.3 S/W. Can't get through Guided Setup when I specify Satellite as my Video source. Unit re-boots after 1st Setup Call is completed. As a test, GS works fine if I specify Antenna as my video source.

How can I get S/W Upgrade to remedy the problem?

I have not yet activated my service.

Ken D.
kend@3dtechnet.com

POST #6 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged