TiVo Community Forum Archive 1
READ ONLY ARCHIVES

Welcome to the TiVo Community Forum Archive
This archive covers threads on TiVo Community Forum that have not been posted to from the start until June 30, 2004.  Any thread that has a post made to it between 7/1/04 and 12/31/05, that had not been posted to, will be found in Archive 2.
This is a READ ONLY site.

Search | ARCHIVE 2 | MAIN SITE

TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.8 TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo
>>> JavaHMO 1.0 released <<<

Pages (6): « Prev 1 [2] 3 4 5 Next » ... Last »  
Forum Jump:
Search this Thread:
Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread ---> Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
javahmo is offline Old Post 10-19-2003 06:30 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for javahmo Visit javahmo's homepage! Find more posts by javahmo Add javahmo to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
javahmo
Advanced Member

To test that the JRE has been installed correctly, open a command prompt and type the following command:
java -version
The response should show the JRE version 1.4.2 without any errors. If not, check that the bin directory of the JRE is in the PATH or reinstall the JRE:
http://javahmo.sourceforge.net/install.html

POST #21 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

pkeegan is offline Old Post 10-19-2003 06:44 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for pkeegan Find more posts by pkeegan Add pkeegan to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
pkeegan

java -version returns:
java version "1.4.2_01"
Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.4.2_01-b06)
Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 1.4.2_01-b06, mixed mode)

POST #22 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

javahmo is offline Old Post 10-19-2003 10:15 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for javahmo Visit javahmo's homepage! Find more posts by javahmo Add javahmo to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
javahmo
Advanced Member

JRE installation is correct. What OS are you running?

POST #23 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

brinkfam is offline Old Post 10-19-2003 10:56 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for brinkfam Find more posts by brinkfam Add brinkfam to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
brinkfam

Angry Same problem installing

I have the same problem..... here's the setup WINXP, Java installed (correctly), double click and nothing happens.... HELP

POST #24 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

schadenfreude is offline Old Post 10-19-2003 11:56 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for schadenfreude Find more posts by schadenfreude Add schadenfreude to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
schadenfreude

I've been able to install JavaHMO with no problem on XP, but when I attempt to start the service, it starts and stops immediately. Yes, I have the Java components properly installed, and the Tivo server is turned off. Any ideas? Thanks!

POST #25 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

schadenfreude is offline Old Post 10-19-2003 12:08 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for schadenfreude Find more posts by schadenfreude Add schadenfreude to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
schadenfreude

Whoops! Never mind--managed to find where I went wrong a few minutes after I posted.

POST #26 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

nyjklein is offline Old Post 10-19-2003 09:13 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for nyjklein Visit nyjklein's homepage! Find more posts by nyjklein Add nyjklein to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nyjklein
J-E-T-S JetsJetsJets

quote:
Originally posted by javahmo
nyjklein: I would be nice to see more details in your log. Please enable debugging in you logs using the following instructions: http://javahmo.sourceforge.net/documentation.html
Then send me you logs.
Or you can edit the configuration file manually: C:\Program Files\JavaHMO\conf\configure.xml

I turned on debug and submitted the stuff to the bugtracker on the sourceforge site.

POST #27 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

pkeegan is offline Old Post 10-19-2003 09:20 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for pkeegan Find more posts by pkeegan Add pkeegan to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
pkeegan

quote:
Originally posted by javahmo
JRE installation is correct. What OS are you running?

Win2K Pro SP4

POST #28 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

javahmo is offline Old Post 10-19-2003 10:39 PM
javahmo
Advanced Member

quote:
Originally posted by nyjklein
I turned on debug and submitted the stuff to the bugtracker on the sourceforge site.

I dont see the bug on sourceforge. Just email me the logs.

POST #29 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

pkeegan is offline Old Post 10-20-2003 12:08 AM
pkeegan

quote:
Originally posted by pkeegan
Win2K Pro SP4

Using 'process explorer' from sysinternals.com, I discovered that the installation program was launching "C:\program files\...\Java Plug-in 1.1\bin\jrew.exe, instead of "C:\program files\...\j2re1.4.2_01\bin\javaw.exe.

So, although I had the correct 'java' (command line), it was picking up the wrong 'javaw'. I deleted the 'Java Plug-in1.1' directory, and now the installation program runs fine!

Problem solved.

POST #30 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

brinkfam is offline Old Post 10-20-2003 01:47 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for brinkfam Find more posts by brinkfam Add brinkfam to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
brinkfam

What is the full path I have to put into window variables???? I not to sure if I have this correct>>>> Please help!!! I really would like to see what this program can do...

Last edited by brinkfam on 10-20-2003 at 01:52 AM

POST #31 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

javahmo is offline Old Post 10-20-2003 02:10 AM
javahmo
Advanced Member

PATH="C:\Program Files\Java\j2re1.4.2_01\bin";...

As explained in:
http://javahmo.sourceforge.net/install.html

POST #32 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

brinkfam is offline Old Post 10-20-2003 05:14 AM
brinkfam

Thumbs up

Thank you I got it installed. JAVAHMO Thank you for the help. I have it configured and want to say "This is the way TIVO should be" this is a wonderful program!!!!!! GREAT PROGRAM...

Last edited by brinkfam on 10-20-2003 at 06:05 AM

POST #33 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

brianfrank is offline Old Post 10-20-2003 06:18 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for brianfrank Visit brianfrank's homepage! Find more posts by brianfrank Add brianfrank to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
brianfrank

Internal Server Errors (Cinema, Weather)...possible solution.

I ran into the same "internal error" a couple other people reported when using the Cinema and Weather selections in JavaHMO.

I found it occurred right after I edited the configure.xml by hand, so I blew it away, and used the demo configure.xml data up on the JavaHMO website.

That seemed to do the trick, and restored the Cinema and Weather functionality.

Thanks for a great program JavaHMO!

- Brian

POST #34 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

brinkfam is offline Old Post 10-20-2003 09:08 AM
brinkfam

JAVA HMO Service is not starting (set to automatic in the services, under Admin tools) & when I try to start it the request times out. This what I found in the wrapper file...

Startup failed: Timed out waiting for signal from JVM.
STATUS | wrapper | 2003/10/19 19:07:15 | Dumping JVM state.
ERROR | wrapper | 2003/10/19 19:07:15 | Unable to send BREAK event to JVM process. Err(6 : The handle is invalid. (0x6))
ERROR | wrapper | 2003/10/19 19:07:16 | Java Virtual Machine did not exit on request, terminated
STATUS | wrapper | 2003/10/19 19:07:22 | Launching a JVM...

PLEASE HELP!

POST #35 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

javahmo is offline Old Post 10-20-2003 09:31 AM
javahmo
Advanced Member

Email me all of your logs and configuration file.

POST #36 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

pkeegan is offline Old Post 10-22-2003 03:45 AM
pkeegan

I just started using JavaHMO on my Series2 TiVo, recently.
Unfortunately, my TiVo crashes and reboots when I browse images on my Win2K PC. It doesn't happen at the same image, and sometimes takes a while to fail. Also, some of the images display as a 'broken picture' icon. (This did not happen with the desktop software from TiVo).
Lastly, my m3u playlists don't work. The screen just cycles through the song titles without playing anything.

I've managed to reproduce the problem with 'DEBUG' level logging, but I don't wish to post my logs on a public site. I will e-mail them to JavaHMO, if desired.

POST #37 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

javahmo is offline Old Post 10-22-2003 05:30 AM
javahmo
Advanced Member

Please send me your logs and configure.xml file

POST #38 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

jeffmic is offline Old Post 10-22-2003 09:21 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for jeffmic Find more posts by jeffmic Add jeffmic to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jeffmic

Got it!

I checked these posts just to see what was up and new. Saw this post. Downloaded it and was up ang running in literally 10 minutes.

Excellent!

What are the games for?

is there ANY chance there's ever going to be sreaming video?

POST #39 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

javahmo is offline Old Post 10-22-2003 10:31 AM
javahmo
Advanced Member

The games was just an attempt at showing that it could be possible to use HMO in a way it wasnt really designed for. (Maybe this will motivate TiVo to make HMO more interactive)

The question about supporting video is one of the most common I get: unfortunately this is totally in the hands of TiVo. Currently HMO does not allow you to serve video from your PC.

POST #40 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged