TiVo Community Forum Archive 1
READ ONLY ARCHIVES

Welcome to the TiVo Community Forum Archive
This archive covers threads on TiVo Community Forum that have not been posted to from the start until June 30, 2004.  Any thread that has a post made to it between 7/1/04 and 12/31/05, that had not been posted to, will be found in Archive 2.
This is a READ ONLY site.

Search | ARCHIVE 2 | MAIN SITE

TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.8 TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo UK
>>> Using Digiguide to set manual recordings via TiVo web <<<

Pages (5): « Prev 1 2 3 [4] 5 Next »  
Forum Jump:
Search this Thread:
Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread ---> Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
iankb is offline Old Post 11-12-2003 05:01 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for iankb Find more posts by iankb Add iankb to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
iankb
TiVo Forum Special Member

quote:
Originally posted by shanew
I did indent this code nicely but doesn't show up on the post
I think you're supposed to use the '#' button to insert code samples. It should use a monospace font and preserve leading spaces.

Ian.

POST #61 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

cueman is offline Old Post 11-12-2003 04:58 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for cueman Find more posts by cueman Add cueman to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
cueman

quote:
Originally posted by sanderton
can any of you real programmers point me towards an algorithm for working out a % match between two strings[/B]

I don't know anything about tcl, but if you're after a general algorithm for comparison between words that may be mistyped, try this:
(1) Given two phrases to compare, split each one into words
(2) For each word, generate a list of character triples. For example, "HELLO" would yield 3 triples, "HEL", "ELL" and "LLO"
(3) To compare words in each phrase, check to see how many triples they have in common. Given each word-pair a mark out of 100 by dividing the number of triples in common by the maximum number they could have had in common and multiplying by 100.

For example: "HELLO" and "HELO" would have common triples HEL and ELO. HELLO has 3 triples and HELO has 2, so a perfect match would have matched 3 triples, whereas you matched 2. So give this one 2/3*100 = 66%.
(4) Match words in each phrase, choosing the best matching words from each phrase first. Each word pairing gets a percentage mark as above.
(5) Add up the squares of the word-match-marks, divide by the perfect-match mark, take the square root and multiply by 100. The perfect-match-mark is 10,000 times the number of words being compared.

Paul

POST #62 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

blindlemon is offline Old Post 11-13-2003 04:58 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for blindlemon Visit blindlemon's homepage! Find more posts by blindlemon Add blindlemon to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
blindlemon
Knackered Member

Slightly OT I know, but would it be possible to use "extra" data from digiguide or RT to flesh out some of the desciptions (and actors lists) supplied by/to Tribune?

The data for UK shows, in particular is abysmal. For instance, the recent Henry VIII series wasn't picked up by any of my wishlists as it had no actors listed at all - and I consequently nearly missed it!!

Edit: remove 1 of the 2 uses of "particular" - I'm very picky about that sort of thing

POST #63 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

iankb is offline Old Post 11-13-2003 05:25 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for iankb Find more posts by iankb Add iankb to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
iankb

Does Digiguide have any more info than the TiVo? I assumed that they both depended upon the same broadcaster data for anything other than films.

Ian.

POST #64 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

dialanothernumb is offline Old Post 11-13-2003 07:54 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for dialanothernumb Find more posts by dialanothernumb Add dialanothernumb to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dialanothernumb

Conscious of the fact that this thread has gone on to other (very interesting) debates about Digiguide, I have edited the first post in this thread to list all the files and howtos to achieve manual recordings on a TiVo via Digiguide.

Dial

POST #65 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

pgogborn is offline Old Post 11-13-2003 10:09 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for pgogborn Find more posts by pgogborn Add pgogborn to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
pgogborn

quote:
Originally posted by blindlemon
Slightly OT I know, but would it be possible to use "extra" data from digiguide or RT to flesh out some of the desciptions (and actors lists) supplied by/to Tribune?

Yes, although as I hinted in post #34 in this thread, this is a far more rewarding exercise if you are creating your very own highly personalised multi-sourced EPG to control multiple recording devices, rather than piecemeal modifications to a TiVo/Tribune database to control a TiVo >
http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-v...287#post1506287

However, theoretically, you could, for example, replace the Tribune synopsis with a Radio Times review or add cast and crew from the Internet Movie Database.

POST #66 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

sanderton is offline Old Post 11-13-2003 10:12 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for sanderton Visit sanderton's homepage! Find more posts by sanderton Add sanderton to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sanderton
TiVoer since 11/2000

quote:
Originally posted by iankb
Does Digiguide have any more info than the TiVo? I assumed that they both depended upon the same broadcaster data for anything other than films.

Ian.

Some.

quote:

Landscape Mysteries
(Documentary)
Time: 19:30 to 20:00 (30 minutes long).
When: Thursday 13th November on BBC 2

The Riddle of the Yorkshire Tracks.
Documentary exploring the history of Britain's landscape. Strange markings in the rocks on the North Yorkshire coast are the starting point for an investigation into a forgotten story from Britain?s industrial past. Presenter Aubrey Manning discovers that at the beginning of the 17th century, long before the industrial revolution, the now deserted coastline south of Whitby was dominated by Britain?s first chemical industry.
(Widescreen, Subtitles)

Keywords: History

as opposed to

quote:

Episode Title The Riddle of the Yorkshire Tracks
Episode Description Strange grooves in the rocks on the North Yorkshire coast are the starting point for an investigation into a forgotten story from Britain's industrial past.
Episode Number
Duration 0:30
Original Air Date Thu 13th Nov 2003
Genres History
Type Series
Channel 2 BBC2
Showing Date Thu 13th Nov 19:30

Check out my hacks, including intelligent automatic padding, background re-prioritise Season Passes in TiVoWeb, make your TiVo send you a daily status e-mail, and other stuff we can't talk about on TC here TiVos: 110Gb + Sky + CacheCard, 160Gb + Freeview + CacheCard, 110Gb + just network (Turbonet & 802.11g)

POST #67 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

pgogborn is offline Old Post 11-13-2003 10:12 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for pgogborn Find more posts by pgogborn Add pgogborn to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
pgogborn

quote:
Originally posted by iankb

As I mentioned in post #52 in this tread, DigiGuide solicit contributions from all and sundry for programme descriptions and episode numbers >
http://www.digiguide.com/dev/dgepisode/
http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-v...457#post1511457

POST #68 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

sanderton is offline Old Post 11-13-2003 10:13 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for sanderton Visit sanderton's homepage! Find more posts by sanderton Add sanderton to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sanderton
TiVoer since 11/2000

quote:
Originally posted by pgogborn

However, theoretically, you could, for example, replace the Tribune synopsis with a Radio Times review or add cast and crew from the Internet Movie Database.

The main issue with that would be that I doubt that an amended description would be indexed for use in Wishlists.

Check out my hacks, including intelligent automatic padding, background re-prioritise Season Passes in TiVoWeb, make your TiVo send you a daily status e-mail, and other stuff we can't talk about on TC here TiVos: 110Gb + Sky + CacheCard, 160Gb + Freeview + CacheCard, 110Gb + just network (Turbonet & 802.11g)

POST #69 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

kitschcamp is offline Old Post 11-13-2003 10:34 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for kitschcamp Visit kitschcamp's homepage! Find more posts by kitschcamp Add kitschcamp to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
kitschcamp
Tweaked and poked

Guess there is only one way to find out. Now whose going to try and put supercalifragilisticexpiallidotious (or something equally unlikely) in a description to find out?

Using with Sky, SkyEye T-Link, Kameleon, Samsung 160Gb + Western Digital 120Gb, CacheCard with 512MB of memory, tweaked recording settings, TiVoWeb and APC Back-UPS 500.
Tivo Mods and TivoWebLogos Source. Fixed ui.itcl module for new genres here and Mary Christmas

POST #70 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

pgogborn is offline Old Post 11-13-2003 10:37 PM
pgogborn

quote:
as opposed to

Where my EPG overlaps with TiVo categories, it has

Landscape Mysteries

The Riddle of the Yorkshire Tracks

Aubrey Manning searches for the causes of strange markings on the rocks of the North Yorkshire coast, He reveals how in the early 17th century -- long before the Industrial Revolution -- the coastline south of Whitby was the site of Britain's first chemical industry, uncovering a long-forgotten piece of the country's heritage.

Subtitles

Stereo

Widescreen

Episode 7 of 8

Educational, Science

POST #71 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

pgogborn is offline Old Post 11-13-2003 10:43 PM
pgogborn

quote:
Episode Number

Which was?

POST #72 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

sanderton is offline Old Post 11-13-2003 11:04 PM
sanderton
TiVoer since 11/2000

blank

POST #73 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

pgogborn is offline Old Post 11-14-2003 12:02 AM
pgogborn

Just had a poke around. The programme description used by DigiGuide is one available on the Broadcasting Data Services ftp server. Web sites such as uk.tv.yahoo.com and www.tvtv.co.uk also replicate it word for word. Yahoo reckons it is "Nature/Animals" while tvtv has it as "History"

The Radio Times web site seems to have a different source, "Strange grooves in the rocks on the North Yorkshire coast are the starting point for an investigation into a forgotten story from Britain�s industrial past which has shaped the landscape we see today. Professor Aubrey Manning learns that the dyeing of textiles once depended on the use of a chemical called alum found in Yorkshire" and exercises an editorial judgment by giving the episode a "Choice" recommendation.

POST #74 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

pgogborn is offline Old Post 11-14-2003 12:03 AM
pgogborn

quote:
blank

Hmm. Nul points for Tribune

POST #75 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

pgogborn is offline Old Post 11-14-2003 02:31 AM
pgogborn

Well, I have just watched Landscape Mysteries (pretty please, no remarks about a TiVo owner watching live television).

In my opinion:

The Radio Times web listing deserves 10 out of 10 for specifically saying that the programme was about alum and the dyeing of textiles. A harsh 5 out of 10 to all the other listings for the dumbed down 'chemical industry' description of the programme.

Deduction of marks all round as all listings obfuscated the marine archeology sub-theme.

A bonus mark to my personalised EPG for being the only one to give it a Educational, Science rating (especially as it was originally an Open University production).

POST #76 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

pgogborn is offline Old Post 11-15-2003 04:09 AM
pgogborn

Yet another EPG on the horizon, an independent seven day one for the Freeview platform by the 4tv company, tied into specific set-top boxes, recorders etc.

The place-holder is already being transmitted, for some screen shots of the expected product see >
http://www.4-tv.net/fast%20guide%20epg.htm

POST #77 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

bobnick is offline Old Post 11-15-2003 06:13 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for bobnick Find more posts by bobnick Add bobnick to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bobnick
Advanced Member

Re: Using Digiguide to set manual recordings via TiVo web

quote:
Originally posted by dialanothernumb
Recordings and behaviour are exactly as seen with the Manual Record module.

My /var directory was wiped out this week, so I've been re-installing all the
old favourites and stuck this on as well. When you install it, make sure
that the usedefault setting in settings file is not set to anything - the install
procedure 'helpfully' stuck TV in as a defaut for me, which screwed things
up!
Also, when you want to set a recording, right click on the programme and
pick the 'Schedule immediately' option at the bottom.

All is working fine, apart from an error I have when trying to set Tivo to
record the first rugby world cup semi final. It seems to be passing the
correct paramaters through, but the web page has the following error:

PHP:

INTERNAL SERVER ERROR
--cut here--
action_manrec '' 'set "titlestr" "Rugby World Cup 2003";set "descriptionstr" "Sport";set "chnsel" "2650";set "wodatetz" "1068854400";set "wotimetz" "08";set "womin" "50";set "durationstr" "160";set "ratingstr" "6";set "recqual" "75";set "forcerecord" "1";set "repeat" "once";set "submit" "Record";'
syntax error in expression "1068854400 + ( 08 * 3600 ) + ( 50 * 60 )"

while executing
"expr $wodatetz + ( $wotimetz * 3600 ) + ( $womin * 60 )"

(procedure "convert_time" line 5)

invoked from within
"convert_time $wodatetz $wotimetz $womin $durationstr "

(procedure "::action_manrec" line 110)

invoked from within
"::action_$action $chan $part $env"

("eval" body line 1)

invoked from within
"eval {::action_$action $chan $part $env}"
--cut here--

Any idea as to the cause, and what can be done to fix it?

POST #78 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

sanderton is offline Old Post 11-15-2003 06:19 AM
sanderton
TiVoer since 11/2000

Looks like it doesn't like "08" as an hour - I'm not familar with that module; if it's a manual entry try just "8".

POST #79 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

bobnick is offline Old Post 11-15-2003 06:28 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for bobnick Find more posts by bobnick Add bobnick to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bobnick
Advanced Member

Cheers, that's the problem. It doesn't like the leading zero at all. The plug-in calls the relevant URL for the manrec module, so it was just a case of modifying the URL on the error page. Something for the digiguide experts to investigate!

One time I called it with the correct URL, I got a 'error writing "file1": I/O error'; I presume this is the dreaded access problem with Tivo is busy? Reloading the link a minute later worked just fine.

POST #80 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged