TiVo Community Forum Archive 1
READ ONLY ARCHIVES

Welcome to the TiVo Community Forum Archive
This archive covers threads on TiVo Community Forum that have not been posted to from the start until June 30, 2004.  Any thread that has a post made to it between 7/1/04 and 12/31/05, that had not been posted to, will be found in Archive 2.
This is a READ ONLY site.

Search | ARCHIVE 2 | MAIN SITE

TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.8 TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo
>>> JavaHMO 1.1 released <<<

Pages (16): « First ... « Prev 13 14 15 [16]  
Forum Jump:
Search this Thread:
Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread ---> Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
SonyPlanet is offline Old Post 05-13-2004 09:34 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for SonyPlanet Find more posts by SonyPlanet Add SonyPlanet to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
SonyPlanet
Early Adopter

Just installed the latest version for the first time.

Cinema doesn't seem to work. I get a "no photos being shared" error. My zip code is set to 63017 and my city is Chesterfield MO. Movies.com shows several theaters based near that zip code.

Weather won't change off of Chicago. I put in my city, St. Louis MO, and the airport's zip code.

Shoutcast seems to be working fine.

POST #301 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

stubal is offline Old Post 05-13-2004 08:48 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for stubal Find more posts by stubal Add stubal to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
stubal

I have the Exact same problem as SonyPlanet

POST #302 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

morac is offline Old Post 05-14-2004 12:37 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for morac Find more posts by morac Add morac to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
morac
Advanced Member

Search is your friend.

Read this post.

POST #303 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

SonyPlanet is offline Old Post 05-14-2004 01:58 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for SonyPlanet Find more posts by SonyPlanet Add SonyPlanet to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
SonyPlanet
Early Adopter

quote:
Originally posted by morac
Search is your friend.

Read this post.

That post is almost 2 months old. I think it's reasonable to assume such a major bug would have been fixed in the latest release code when you download from Sourceforge.

Sometimes search is not your friend. Sometimes it wastes hours of time and results in the wrong information.

It's far more effective to organize and update software and FAQs and documentation on the developer level. RTFM used to be the geek motto. Now it should be WTFM. Instead, we got DASS. Doesn't cut it a lot of the time.

Last edited by SonyPlanet on 05-14-2004 at 08:56 AM

POST #304 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

stubal is offline Old Post 05-14-2004 08:01 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for stubal Find more posts by stubal Add stubal to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
stubal

Searches don't work if you can't spell.....but thanks morac, that fixed everything.

POST #305 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

morac is offline Old Post 05-14-2004 12:36 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for morac Find more posts by morac Add morac to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
morac
Advanced Member

quote:
Originally posted by SonyPlanet
That post is almost 2 months old. I think it's reasonable to assume such a major bug would have been fixed in the latest release code when you download from Sourceforge.
Well first off technically its not caused by a bug in the JavaHMO code but because the website JavaHMO uses to grab its information changed their formatting. Secondly there hasn't been a new release since 1.2 and technically the patch is a developer beta version of the next version which is why 1.2 release hasn't been updated. Think of it likes Microsoft's XP SP2, just because SP2 fixes bugs in SP1 doesn't mean anyone should expect all the fixes to be encorporated into the SP1 download.

Also searching actually works quite well if you choose "Slower" or below. All I did was do a "slower" search for "Javahmo movies weather" and a ton of posts popped up about it. It may have been 2 months old, but the problem described in it was identical to what you stated.

I do agree though it would make sense to put something up on the main JavaHMO site mentioning the problem and then offering the beta fix. Especially since there seems to be someone asking about it almost every week.

POST #306 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

SonyPlanet is offline Old Post 05-14-2004 11:29 PM
SonyPlanet
Early Adopter

Also, this thread needs to be closed as it is superseded by the 1.2 thread.

POST #307 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged