TiVo Community Forum Archive 1
READ ONLY ARCHIVES

Welcome to the TiVo Community Forum Archive
This archive covers threads on TiVo Community Forum that have not been posted to from the start until June 30, 2004.  Any thread that has a post made to it between 7/1/04 and 12/31/05, that had not been posted to, will be found in Archive 2.
This is a READ ONLY site.

Search | ARCHIVE 2 | MAIN SITE

TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.8 TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo
>>> JavaHMO 1.1 released <<<

Pages (16): « Prev 1 [2] 3 4 5 Next » ... Last »  
Forum Jump:
Search this Thread:
Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread ---> Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
bedelman is offline Old Post 12-09-2003 12:55 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for bedelman Visit bedelman's homepage! Find more posts by bedelman Add bedelman to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bedelman
Call me Bob

Is there any way to get this to work under Mac OSX? It should be possible because the underlying operating system is BSD Unix. I just don't know where to begin or if it's even possible to do so.

1 Pioneer DVR-810H
2 TiVo Series 2 80 hour (one living with son in college)
1 TiVo Series 2 140 hour
1 Humax DRT-800 DVD Recorder with TiVo
1 Sony SVR-2000 (living with other son in Michigan)

POST #21 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

javahmo is offline Old Post 12-09-2003 01:07 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for javahmo Visit javahmo's homepage! Find more posts by javahmo Add javahmo to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
javahmo
Advanced Member

One of the JavaHMO users is currently working on it; in fact he has it working already. There are some modifications we have to make to JavaHMO to run it on OS X as a background service. We hope to have this working by the next release and will hopefully have an installation wizard ready too.

POST #22 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Scarpad is offline Old Post 12-09-2003 01:26 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Scarpad Find more posts by Scarpad Add Scarpad to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Scarpad

Would JavaHMO ever be able to display the Album Artwork if it's in the same folder as the MP3 files? Having the artwork in some form really helps the wife identify the music...

POST #23 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

javahmo is offline Old Post 12-09-2003 02:00 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for javahmo Visit javahmo's homepage! Find more posts by javahmo Add javahmo to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
javahmo
Advanced Member

The TiVo HMO protocol was designed to support the display of additional information about each MP3 file other than the basic MP3 tags that TiVo shows at the moment. Some examples in their development kit does show things like album art. When TiVo decides to support album art, JavaHMO would be able to pass that information along with the basic MP3 tags.

As for now, to see the Album artwork you can point an images folder to that path. You can also point an audio folder to the same path. Unfortunately, because of the TiVo limitation these will then appear as seperate folders on your TiVo.

POST #24 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

jacques is offline Old Post 12-09-2003 03:10 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for jacques Find more posts by jacques Add jacques to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jacques

Has anyone gotten JavaHMO 1.1 to run under Windows 98? I had 1.0 running and installed 1.1 right over it and now I get nothing in that dos window whereas 1.0 had some info displayed so I knew it was up to something.

jacques

POST #25 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

javahmo is offline Old Post 12-09-2003 03:27 AM
javahmo
Advanced Member

There should be 2 new logs in the JavaHMO logs directory:
Redirect.err
Redirect.out
The messages that were previously shown on the command prompt are now redirected towards these text files.

POST #26 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

jacques is offline Old Post 12-09-2003 04:23 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for jacques Find more posts by jacques Add jacques to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jacques

quote:
Originally posted by javahmo
There should be 2 new logs in the JavaHMO logs directory:
Redirect.err
Redirect.out
The messages that were previously shown on the command prompt are now redirected towards these text files.

Is there any option/flag to change that behavior? I run JavaHMO on a machine dedicated to music serving and like to take a gander every once in a while at the monitor when I wander by to see if any errors occur.

jacques

POST #27 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

javahmo is offline Old Post 12-09-2003 04:26 AM
javahmo
Advanced Member

Sorry, there isnt an option to disable this behaviour.

POST #28 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

WoodyL is offline Old Post 12-09-2003 06:05 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for WoodyL Find more posts by WoodyL Add WoodyL to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
WoodyL

I've got Java J2SE v 1.4.2_01 installed now. I see that the JHMO installation installation instructions call for J2SE v 1.4.2_02 and the version available is now J2SE v 1.4.2_03. Should I just stay with the version I've got or bump up to the _03 version?

I don't want to complicate things by installing an incompatible Java version!

POST #29 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

javahmo is offline Old Post 12-09-2003 06:07 AM
javahmo
Advanced Member

All three versions are compatible with the latest JavaHMO. I you want you can install the latest version of the JRE.

POST #30 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

oosik77 is offline Old Post 12-09-2003 08:22 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for oosik77 Visit oosik77's homepage! Find more posts by oosik77 Add oosik77 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
oosik77
TiVo Maniac

Due to VPN issues on my main system I dusted off an old PII-400 and installed Windows ME on it. I have it working BUT I have to take the run.cmd file and rename it to a BAT file and run it from a DOS window to get it to work.

What am I missing?

POST #31 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

javahmo is offline Old Post 12-09-2003 08:36 PM
javahmo
Advanced Member

JavaHMO can be run from the command line or as a service. I know that serveral people have been able to get JavaHMO to work even on Windows 98. Changing the extension of the run script should be all that is needed.
This does assume that you have the JRE bin directory in you PATH environment variable.

POST #32 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

WoodyL is offline Old Post 12-09-2003 08:37 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for WoodyL Find more posts by WoodyL Add WoodyL to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
WoodyL

Got it going. It's a real work of art! I look forward to seeing what new features get added.

Does anybody have any good webcam URLs they can recommend?

POST #33 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

jacques is offline Old Post 12-09-2003 10:35 PM
jacques

quote:
Originally posted by oosik77
Due to VPN issues on my main system I dusted off an old PII-400 and installed Windows ME on it. I have it working BUT I have to take the run.cmd file and rename it to a BAT file and run it from a DOS window to get it to work.

What am I missing?

About the only thing I had to do for Windows 98 was to make the DOS environment size larger. If you create a desktop shortcut for run.bat, you should be able to change it there.

jacques

POST #34 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

PhilCase is offline Old Post 12-10-2003 02:24 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for PhilCase Find more posts by PhilCase Add PhilCase to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
PhilCase
Tivo Lurker

Thumbs up Great product!

JavaHMO,

You guys have a great product going here. How/where can I make donations to the cause that will directly benefit you guys for your work?

Thanks again,

Phil

POST #35 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

javahmo is offline Old Post 12-10-2003 04:06 AM
javahmo
Advanced Member

This project would not be possible without the free development tools and support provided by Sourceforge to the open source community. You can make donations to:
http://sourceforge.net/donate/

POST #36 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

bonifacio is offline Old Post 12-10-2003 05:05 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for bonifacio Find more posts by bonifacio Add bonifacio to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bonifacio

which linux distro is supported?

i currently used fedora core 1

Mixed Networked Environment (Wired/Wireless, Windows/Linux)

POST #37 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

javahmo is offline Old Post 12-10-2003 06:23 AM
javahmo
Advanced Member

We dont have a specific list of Linux distributions that are only supported; we have tried to make it as generic as possible. You can use the RPM or you can choose to do a manual installation by following the "other" installation option on the project web site.

POST #38 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Jim__Clark is offline Old Post 12-10-2003 08:02 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Jim__Clark Find more posts by Jim__Clark Add Jim__Clark to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jim__Clark

quote:
Originally posted by WoodyL
Got it going. It's a real work of art! I look forward to seeing what new features get added.

Does anybody have any good webcam URLs they can recommend?

Here are 2 I like, it helps if you like ships.

http://www.pancanal.com/miraflores/miraflores.jpg?
http://www.pancanal.com/webcam/gatun.jpg?

POST #39 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

jacques is offline Old Post 12-10-2003 05:57 PM
jacques

Using JavaHMO with my Pioneer, Artist info and track info are reversed on the HMO track information screen. Anybody else with this problem? Using MoodLogic the information appears correctly.

jacques

POST #40 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged