TiVo Community Forum Archive 1
READ ONLY ARCHIVES

Welcome to the TiVo Community Forum Archive
This archive covers threads on TiVo Community Forum that have not been posted to from the start until June 30, 2004.  Any thread that has a post made to it between 7/1/04 and 12/31/05, that had not been posted to, will be found in Archive 2.
This is a READ ONLY site.

Search | ARCHIVE 2 | MAIN SITE

TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.8 TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo
>>> JavaHMO 1.1 released <<<

Pages (16): « Prev 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Next » ... Last »  
Forum Jump:
Search this Thread:
Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread ---> Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
PhilCase is offline Old Post 12-10-2003 09:50 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for PhilCase Find more posts by PhilCase Add PhilCase to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
PhilCase
Tivo Lurker

quote:
Originally posted by javahmo
This project would not be possible without the free development tools and support provided by Sourceforge to the open source community. You can make donations to:
http://sourceforge.net/donate/

Thanks, actually I already support sourceforge, but was hoping for a venue to says thanks a little more directly.

If there is such a venue, please let me know, if not, please accept this thanks from a grateful user.

Phil

POST #41 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Scarpad is offline Old Post 12-11-2003 01:44 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Scarpad Find more posts by Scarpad Add Scarpad to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Scarpad

A question on HMO. I Just bought a series 2 and I'm going to activate with HMO and install Java HMO. Currently my MP3's are residing in a folder called Music, under music is a folder with the Artist name, under that a folder with the Album name and finally the individual MP3 files. While this structure seems to be ok for JavaHMO, how will it affect what is shown on the tivo? I'm wondering if my Folder structure will need to be looked at prior to activation.

POST #42 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

twn2 is offline Old Post 12-11-2003 02:15 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for twn2 Find more posts by twn2 Add twn2 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
twn2

Problems with 1.1

I just installed it last night on my SuSE box. (I actually upgraded it rather than deleting the old one first...might be my problem.)Everything was up and running pretty quickly and easily...too easily.

Turns out: 1)Not all the folders in my mp3 directory show up. Only 2 of the 6. 2)I can play either a shoutcast stream or an mp3 only once before it bonks. If I'm playing a song, then go back to the song list and try another song, I get a yellow play icon and nothing happens. At that point, no matter what I try to play, nothing happens and I have to restart jhmo. 3)If I scroll down in my mp3 list, I get an error when the scroll goes beyond the first screen.

Any thoughts?

Thanks for fixing the control center so that I can use browsers other than IE.

Tom

POST #43 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

javahmo is offline Old Post 12-11-2003 07:31 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for javahmo Visit javahmo's homepage! Find more posts by javahmo Add javahmo to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
javahmo
Advanced Member

quote:
Originally posted by Scarpad
A question on HMO. I Just bought a series 2 and I'm going to activate with HMO and install Java HMO. Currently my MP3's are residing in a folder called Music, under music is a folder with the Artist name, under that a folder with the Album name and finally the individual MP3 files. While this structure seems to be ok for JavaHMO, how will it affect what is shown on the tivo? I'm wondering if my Folder structure will need to be looked at prior to activation.

The menu structure on TiVo will match the folder structure of your files.

POST #44 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

javahmo is offline Old Post 12-11-2003 07:34 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for javahmo Visit javahmo's homepage! Find more posts by javahmo Add javahmo to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
javahmo
Advanced Member

Re: Problems with 1.1

quote:
Originally posted by twn2
I just installed it last night on my SuSE box. (I actually upgraded it rather than deleting the old one first...might be my problem.)Everything was up and running pretty quickly and easily...too easily.

Turns out: 1)Not all the folders in my mp3 directory show up. Only 2 of the 6. 2)I can play either a shoutcast stream or an mp3 only once before it bonks. If I'm playing a song, then go back to the song list and try another song, I get a yellow play icon and nothing happens. At that point, no matter what I try to play, nothing happens and I have to restart jhmo. 3)If I scroll down in my mp3 list, I get an error when the scroll goes beyond the first screen.

Any thoughts?

Thanks for fixing the control center so that I can use browsers other than IE.

Tom

Enable debugging and send me copies of your logs:
http://javahmo.sourceforge.net/documentation.html#logs

POST #45 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

MighTiVo is offline Old Post 12-12-2003 01:49 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for MighTiVo Find more posts by MighTiVo Add MighTiVo to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MighTiVo
TiVotarian

Wow! I don't know why but I visited the HMO forum last night for the first time in a LONG time.
This is Awesome, great work!
Hope you or the moderators don't mind, I shared the news....
http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-v...threadid=147840

I do have a couple issues and some suggestions. However I want to play around a bit before I jump in with problems or suggestions.

Thanks again!

POST #46 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

javahmo is offline Old Post 12-12-2003 05:28 AM
javahmo
Advanced Member

quote:
Originally posted by jacques
Using JavaHMO with my Pioneer, Artist info and track info are reversed on the HMO track information screen. Anybody else with this problem? Using MoodLogic the information appears correctly.

jacques

Yes, it is incorrectly reversed. I have filed a bug; it should be fixed by the next release.

POST #47 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Dr.Funk is offline Old Post 12-12-2003 07:45 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Dr.Funk Find more posts by Dr.Funk Add Dr.Funk to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dr.Funk

This is fantastic!! Using this instead of TiVo's desktop software has fixed all of my problems with my Windows XP machine, and the added features are icing on the cake!

Way to go!

POST #48 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Scarpad is offline Old Post 12-12-2003 09:03 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Scarpad Find more posts by Scarpad Add Scarpad to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Scarpad

I Have a couple questions. I Have yet to activate the HMO Option. I will do so shortly. I've already installed JavaHMO and Configured it on my PC. Do I still need to download the Tivo Desktop or should I be good to go from here. I still don't under stand what to do after the configuration of JavaHMO. I Read the docs but am still fuzzy on this. Any help appreciated..

Dave

POST #49 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Dr.Funk is offline Old Post 12-12-2003 09:23 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Dr.Funk Find more posts by Dr.Funk Add Dr.Funk to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dr.Funk

quote:
Originally posted by Scarpad
I Have a couple questions. I Have yet to activate the HMO Option. I will do so shortly. I've already installed JavaHMO and Configured it on my PC. Do I still need to download the Tivo Desktop or should I be good to go from here. I still don't under stand what to do after the configuration of JavaHMO. I Read the docs but am still fuzzy on this. Any help appreciated..

Dave

I uninstalled the Tivo Desktop software before installing JavaHMO, so you do not need the Tivo software. After installing it, there isn't a whole lot to configure. You will have to go into the music options, and select which folder(s) have music on them so that it can publish to the TiVo. It's a pretty intuitive and simple interface, and you'll be able to figure it out quickly.

POST #50 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

MighTiVo is offline Old Post 12-13-2003 02:45 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for MighTiVo Find more posts by MighTiVo Add MighTiVo to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MighTiVo
TiVotarian

Now here is a crazy question.

With such a great job using the TiVo specs to create a multimedia server process, what would it take to create a java based client. That is replicate the HMO function of TiVo on a Java client so I can use the common interface to access music from any computer. For instance allowing my parents to access my photo library since they bought my old Series one and can not add HMO.

I know I can do this other ways, but it just seems I could spend my time making the library easy to acces and use with the Java HMO server and not worry about anything else.

POST #51 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

wbradney is offline Old Post 12-13-2003 04:08 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for wbradney Find more posts by wbradney Add wbradney to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
wbradney

This looks very cool. I've just ordered my Series 2 and will get HMO as soon as it arrives. I had a question, though - I have an iPod and iTunes, which rips CDs in AAC format instead of MP3 by default. I assume I'll have to re-encode my music as MP3 for it to be served up by JavaHMO?

POST #52 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

javahmo is offline Old Post 12-13-2003 04:14 AM
javahmo
Advanced Member

Developing a Java client would be possible.

I am interested in something more lightweight such as implementing the TiVo interface for HMO using HTML. That way you can run it in any browser. Also, you would be able to access your media at home from anywhere on the internet. You could even view your photos at work or on your multimedia mobile phone. Some of the newer mobile phones also support playing MP3's, so you could also listen to your MP3 files anywhere you go!

POST #53 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

MighTiVo is offline Old Post 12-13-2003 04:41 AM
MighTiVo
TiVotarian

quote:
Originally posted by javahmo
Developing a Java client would be possible.

I am interested in something more lightweight such as implementing the TiVo interface for HMO using HTML. That way you can run it in any browser. Also, you would be able to access your media at home from anywhere on the internet. You could even view your photos at work or on your multimedia mobile phone. Some of the newer mobile phones also support playing MP3's, so you could also listen to your MP3 files anywhere you go!

Thats the idea, glad you are interested!

Keep up the great work. You guys really do need a book/dvd wishlist or something, you have done a great job!
(Donation to SourceForge submitted)

Last edited by MighTiVo on 12-13-2003 at 04:45 AM

POST #54 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

bma is offline Old Post 12-13-2003 07:59 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for bma Visit bma's homepage! Find more posts by bma Add bma to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bma

The Cinema and Weather modules aren't working for me:

In Redirect.err:

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError
at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method)
at java.lang.Class.forName(Class.java:140)
at java.awt.Toolkit$2.run(Toolkit.java:712)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at java.awt.Toolkit.getDefaultToolkit(Toolkit.java:703)
at org.lnicholls.javahmo.container.WeatherImageTiVoContainer.download(WeatherImageTiVoContainer.java:201)
at org.lnicholls.javahmo.container.InternetImageTiVoContainer$Downloader.run(InternetImageTiVoContainer.java:56)
at java.util.TimerThread.mainLoop(Timer.java:432)
at java.util.TimerThread.run(Timer.java:382)

In log.txt:

2003-12-12 20:57:20,027 ERROR [PoolThread-5] TiVoConnectServlet - java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError

Running the 'other' binaries on Linux (Debian) using /usr/local/java/j2re1.4.2_02 (I did install JAI to the same spot).

Any ideas?

POST #55 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Savafan1 is offline Old Post 12-13-2003 10:47 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Savafan1 Find more posts by Savafan1 Add Savafan1 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Savafan1

Has anyone got this to work under debian? I'm getting this message in the wrapper log: Startup filed: Timed out waiting for signal from JVM.

POST #56 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

javahmo is offline Old Post 12-13-2003 11:05 AM
javahmo
Advanced Member

quote:
Originally posted by bma
The Cinema and Weather modules aren't working for me:

In Redirect.err:

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError
at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method)
at java.lang.Class.forName(Class.java:140)
at java.awt.Toolkit$2.run(Toolkit.java:712)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at java.awt.Toolkit.getDefaultToolkit(Toolkit.java:703)
at org.lnicholls.javahmo.container.WeatherImageTiVoContainer.download(WeatherImageTiVoContainer.java:201)
at org.lnicholls.javahmo.container.InternetImageTiVoContainer$Downloader.run(InternetImageTiVoContainer.java:56)
at java.util.TimerThread.mainLoop(Timer.java:432)
at java.util.TimerThread.run(Timer.java:382)

In log.txt:

2003-12-12 20:57:20,027 ERROR [PoolThread-5] TiVoConnectServlet - java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError

Running the 'other' binaries on Linux (Debian) using /usr/local/java/j2re1.4.2_02 (I did install JAI to the same spot).

Any ideas?

Send me your logs, configuration.xml and wrapper.conf files.

POST #57 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

bma is offline Old Post 12-13-2003 06:18 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for bma Visit bma's homepage! Find more posts by bma Add bma to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bma

Check your PM.

POST #58 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

ciscokid is offline Old Post 12-13-2003 07:15 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for ciscokid Find more posts by ciscokid Add ciscokid to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ciscokid

I had Java HMO up and running yesterday. When I went to run it today my Tivo didn't regognize it at all. When I went to check my configuration settings on my PC it said "page not Available". Under services TiVo Beaco IS running. Any help would be appreciated.

POST #59 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

javahmo is offline Old Post 12-13-2003 08:08 PM
javahmo
Advanced Member

You must disable the TiVo Beacon service for JavaHMO to work:
http://javahmo.sourceforge.net/docu....html#publisher

POST #60 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged