TiVo Community Forum Archive 1
READ ONLY ARCHIVES

Welcome to the TiVo Community Forum Archive
This archive covers threads on TiVo Community Forum that have not been posted to from the start until June 30, 2004.  Any thread that has a post made to it between 7/1/04 and 12/31/05, that had not been posted to, will be found in Archive 2.
This is a READ ONLY site.

Search | ARCHIVE 2 | MAIN SITE

TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.8 TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo
>>> JavaHMO 1.1 released <<<

Pages (16): « First ... « Prev 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 Next » ... Last »  
Forum Jump:
Search this Thread:
Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread ---> Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
javahmo is offline Old Post 12-16-2003 08:47 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for javahmo Visit javahmo's homepage! Find more posts by javahmo Add javahmo to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
javahmo
Advanced Member

You do not need to install the TiVo Desktop. If you have installed the TiVo Desktop, you need to disable the TiVo Beacon service:
http://javahmo.sourceforge.net/docu....html#publisher

POST #101 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

futerfas is offline Old Post 12-16-2003 08:52 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for futerfas Visit futerfas's homepage! Find more posts by futerfas Add futerfas to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
futerfas
Advanced Member

Ok, I unistalled Tivo Desktop Completely, but it doesn't show up on the Tivo. It worked before and not now. The only other thing i could think is to aujust the settings on my router to allow port 8081. Did anyone else have that problem?

"keep going son, you'll make a fine lawyer" -Marco
"ever since Junior High Futerfas has had a fear of having his picture taken" -ZeoTiVo
"I keep 'em [signatures] turned off so no matter how creative they are, no matter how much time and effort you put into yours, there's at least one person here who'll never see it to appreciate it." -SparkleMotion
"Nothing is more permanent than a temporary solution." -edhara

POST #102 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

icatar is offline Old Post 12-16-2003 11:13 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for icatar Visit icatar's homepage! Find more posts by icatar Add icatar to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
icatar

quote:
Originally posted by futerfas
Ok, I unistalled Tivo Desktop Completely, but it doesn't show up on the Tivo. It worked before and not now. The only other thing i could think is to aujust the settings on my router to allow port 8081. Did anyone else have that problem?

Unless the router is between your PC and the Tivo, you shouldn't have to mess with the router config.

POST #103 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

futerfas is offline Old Post 12-17-2003 03:27 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for futerfas Visit futerfas's homepage! Find more posts by futerfas Add futerfas to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
futerfas
Advanced Member

Ok, so after recieving an e-mail from javahmo, i tried turning off shoutcast and still nothing. I'll work on it later, i'm at my dad's office right now.

"ever since Junior High Futerfas has had a fear of having his picture taken" -ZeoTiVo
"I keep 'em [signatures] turned off so no matter how creative they are, no matter how much time and effort you put into yours, there's at least one person here who'll never see it to appreciate it." -SparkleMotion

POST #104 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Redleg is offline Old Post 12-17-2003 08:34 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Redleg Find more posts by Redleg Add Redleg to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Redleg
TiVo Forum Special Member

Just installed this tonight, it's a very impressive program!

My only problem is that I can't figure out how to let it see more than one PC... I have two PCs with pictures and MP3s I'd like to be able to access on TiVo, but so far I can't get both of them working at once (if I shut down javaHMO on one, the other works fine).

Did I miss an easy step? Is there a workaround?

(I realize I can just use the old TiVo Beacon on the second PC, but I'd love to be able to double up the cinema and weather settings too... or is that impossible?)

Last edited by Redleg on 12-17-2003 at 08:42 AM

POST #105 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

morac is offline Old Post 12-17-2003 09:29 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for morac Find more posts by morac Add morac to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
morac
Advanced Member

I was just playing with JavaHMO 1.1 and while everything seemed to work I noticed the following abnormalities:

1. In the song info page on the TiVo (the one with the title, artist, album, etc), most of the time the genre is listed as a number between parenthesis (eg: (27) ) when the genre should be a word.

2. Not all the theaters in my area are listed in the Movies section. The reason as far as I can is because only the first 5 theaters are displayed on the page the JavaHMO gets the listings from for my area. To get to the next page of listings a parameter of "&result_start=#" needs to be added to the URL where # is the theater number to start at in increments of 5 (5, 10, 15, ect). In my area there are a total of 11 theaters (which can be parsed from the first page from the text Displaying 1 - 5 of 11 ).

3. I have a folder with about 127 images in it. The folder also contains a link to another folder that, including its subfolders, contains about 3000 images. Unless I turn off child folders on the TiVo, it takes a long time to go from one image to the next image. I'm not sure why this would occur since JavaHMO shouldn't have to search all the children folders to go to the next image.

This may be a limitation of the TiVo software, but I see the lights flash on my router (meaning a request went out) and a while later the lights flash when the image is downloaded.

4. I saw the following error in the log.txt file, though I don't know what file if any it is referencing

code:
2003-12-16 22:02:34,392 ERROR [PoolThread-4] AudioTiVoItem - / by zero 2003-12-16 22:03:05,547 ERROR [PoolThread-6] AudioTiVoItem - / by zero 2003-12-16 22:04:11,762 ERROR [PoolThread-6] AudioTiVoItem - / by zero 2003-12-16 22:04:21,155 ERROR [PoolThread-6] AudioTiVoItem - / by zero

5. Finally the log file contained nearly 5000 java.lang.NumberFormatException errors. These errors seem to repeat over and over again for a small handfull of filenames (all begining with numbers) which I never viewed, but were in the child folders for one of the folders I viewed. JavaHMO apparently doesn't like filenames that begin with numbers. Maybe this has something to do with #1 above.
code:
2003-12-16 22:04:59,100 ERROR [PoolThread-2] TiVoFileSorters - TitleCompare exception java.lang.NumberFormatException: For input string: "20030510965051" name1=1stv1-8 name2=20030510965051 2003-12-16 22:04:59,400 ERROR [PoolThread-2] TiVoFileSorters - TitleCompare exception java.lang.NumberFormatException: For input string: "20030510965051" name1=20030510965051 name2=20030523314781 2003-12-16 22:04:59,400 ERROR [PoolThread-2] TiVoFileSorters - TitleCompare exception java.lang.NumberFormatException: For input string: "20030523314781" name1=1stv1-8 name2=20030523314781 2003-12-16 22:04:59,571 ERROR [PoolThread-2] TiVoFileSorters - TitleCompare exception java.lang.NumberFormatException: For input string: "20030520249995" name1=20030520249995 name2=20030518189309 2003-12-16 22:04:59,761 ERROR [PoolThread-2] TiVoFileSorters - TitleCompare exception java.lang.NumberFormatException: For input string: "20030518176554" name1=20030518176554 name2=1049292609362 2003-12-16 22:04:59,801 ERROR [PoolThread-2] TiVoFileSorters - TitleCompare exception java.lang.NumberFormatException: For input string: "1050212969076" name1=1050212969076 name2=20030524324623

Last edited by morac on 12-17-2003 at 09:36 AM

POST #106 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

javahmo is offline Old Post 12-17-2003 09:32 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for javahmo Visit javahmo's homepage! Find more posts by javahmo Add javahmo to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
javahmo
Advanced Member

Very interesting. Please enable debugging and send me copies of your logs:
http://javahmo.sourceforge.net/documentation.html#logs

POST #107 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

morac is offline Old Post 12-17-2003 11:20 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for morac Find more posts by morac Add morac to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
morac
Advanced Member

OK will do.

The one thing I noticed about the java exception errors was that they were for files that JavaHMO shouldn't have been even reading at the time. I think JavaHMO counts up the displayable files in all the subdirectories, so for some reason it had problems with those files' names.

Four other things.

1. If the "logs" directory doesn't exist JavaHMO probably should try to create it. As it is, JavaHMO will just try to open the file in that directory which, at least on Windows, will fail. If this happens no logs will be created and all output will be sent to the console window. I guess this would be a bug in log4j, but it seems like it should be easy to work around.

2. I figured out the genre number problem. Apparently numbers are valid in that field and its up to the program to interpret them. The id3 reader JavaHMO uses apparently doesn't. See http://lame.sourceforge.net/doc/html/id3.html

3. I see someone put a code fix for my problem #2 below (bug 859966). When I replaced, compiled and used the new JavaHmo.jar file, JavaHMO hung just after requesting the shoutcast data. Putting the line back to normal caused JavaHMO to work again. I'm assuming the "fix" is the problem.

4. The first time I put the "DEBUG" parameters in and ran JavaHMO, it didn't download any movie data and only part of the weather data (resulting in broken images). Maybe I didn't give it enough time (I gave it about a minute), but to be safe I deleted JavaHMO and reinstalled it and everything worked.

Last edited by morac on 12-17-2003 at 11:35 AM

POST #108 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

javahmo is offline Old Post 12-17-2003 08:51 PM
javahmo
Advanced Member

Thanks for the detailed information. I will take a look at these issues tonight.

POST #109 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

bma is offline Old Post 12-17-2003 09:34 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for bma Visit bma's homepage! Find more posts by bma Add bma to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bma

Cinema listings

My preferred movie theatre is a 22 screen theatre ... sometimes the listings take up two images and sometimes only one. Maybe have an option to 'clean up' old images after X days?
So there aren't stale data...

POST #110 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

javahmo is offline Old Post 12-17-2003 10:36 PM
javahmo
Advanced Member

I dont quite understand what you mean. The cinema data is downloaded once a day. It is quite common for theatres to increase and decrease the number of movies showing and the times these movies are shown even within the same week. So usually youll find around the weekend days that the listings for a particular theatre will be longer and wont fit on a single page. Later in the same week, the listings might decrease and will then fit on a single page. There are no old images; just enough pages are shown for the latest available listings.
Unless you have found a bug and are seeing empty pages, the cinema listings are working as they should.

POST #111 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

futerfas is offline Old Post 12-18-2003 02:45 AM
futerfas
Advanced Member

I dont know, it doesnt seem to be working. I'll play around with it more and hopefully it will work when version 1.2 comes out. But I did see some of it, and it is a great prodject.

POST #112 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

futerfas is offline Old Post 12-18-2003 02:45 AM
futerfas
Advanced Member

I dont know, it doesnt seem to be working. I'll play around with it more and hopefully it will work when version 1.2 comes out. But I did see some of it, and it is a great prodject.

POST #113 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

bma is offline Old Post 12-18-2003 04:23 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for bma Visit bma's homepage! Find more posts by bma Add bma to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bma

The problem is that for example, I have 6 theatre listings on my page right now, 5 are for Wednesday (today) and one is for Sunday. Why do I care about Sunday's times when they are obviously invalid now? Old images should be deleted and replaced with the new ones.

POST #114 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

javahmo is offline Old Post 12-18-2003 04:33 AM
javahmo
Advanced Member

Is the date for the Sunday listing for the past or the future?
Did you use the image rotate function to change the current day?

POST #115 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

bma is offline Old Post 12-18-2003 05:03 AM
bma

The dates are in teh future. Every time I do 'view photo' it changes the date. The images are also blank of any data.

POST #116 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

futerfas is offline Old Post 12-18-2003 05:33 AM
futerfas
Advanced Member

I cant figure out what the problem is. I deleted anything that had to do with java off my computer and reinstalled it but it just wont show up on the tivo. No errors are showing up in the logs. It just doesnt make sence.

POST #117 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

javahmo is offline Old Post 12-18-2003 09:20 AM
javahmo
Advanced Member

bma & futerfas:
Please enable debugging and send me copies of your logs:
http://javahmo.sourceforge.net/documentation.html#logs

POST #118 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

bbarrera is offline Old Post 12-19-2003 01:58 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for bbarrera Find more posts by bbarrera Add bbarrera to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bbarrera

Strange. Today I got the following error:
2003-12-18 11:45:04,318 ERROR [Thread-2] CinemaImageTiVoContainer - Invalid cinema location: 95624
2003-12-18 11:45:09,118 INFO [Wrapper-Connection] Server - Trying Port 8081
2003-12-18 11:45:10,005 INFO [Wrapper-Connection] BroadcastThread - High frequency enabled
2003-12-18 11:45:10,659 INFO [BroadcastThread] BroadcastThread - Using broadcast address: 127.255.255.255
2003-12-18 11:45:10,709 ERROR [Thread-2] InternetImageTiVoItem -

When going to movies.com for my zip code I get 2 theaters (correct), and each has no showtimes listed, only a message stating: "There are no current shotimes available for this theater."
http://movies.go.com/cgi/movielisti...&zip_code=95624

POST #119 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

futerfas is offline Old Post 12-19-2003 04:43 AM
futerfas
Advanced Member

just emailed you my logs

POST #120 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged