TiVo Community Forum Archive 1
READ ONLY ARCHIVES

Welcome to the TiVo Community Forum Archive
This archive covers threads on TiVo Community Forum that have not been posted to from the start until June 30, 2004.  Any thread that has a post made to it between 7/1/04 and 12/31/05, that had not been posted to, will be found in Archive 2.
This is a READ ONLY site.

Search | ARCHIVE 2 | MAIN SITE

TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.8 TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo
>>> FREE HMO Trial <<<

Pages (3): [1] 2 3 Next »  
Forum Jump:
Search this Thread:
Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread ---> Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
rollout is offline Old Post 01-02-2004 03:09 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for rollout Find more posts by rollout Add rollout to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rollout
30-second skipper

FREE HMO Trial

I was just going to purchase it today, but I just saw the FREE TRIAL on TIVO that said it will start on (or about) Jan 13th-28th.

I signed up.

Bill

POST #1 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

ufo4sale is offline Old Post 01-02-2004 04:41 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for ufo4sale Find more posts by ufo4sale Add ufo4sale to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ufo4sale
TiVo Forum Special Member

Where did you see this?

POST #2 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

spice72013 is offline Old Post 01-02-2004 04:50 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for spice72013 Find more posts by spice72013 Add spice72013 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
spice72013

Free Trial

It was on my Tivo central also so i signed up to check it out before i purchase.

POST #3 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Oxygen99 is offline Old Post 01-02-2004 05:27 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Oxygen99 Find more posts by Oxygen99 Add Oxygen99 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Oxygen99

Isn't the end of CES on Jan 13 or around there, maybe there will be a new version of HMO!!!!!!!!!

POST #4 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Prismatic is offline Old Post 01-02-2004 08:26 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Prismatic Find more posts by Prismatic Add Prismatic to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Prismatic

Re: FREE HMO Trial

quote:
Originally posted by rollout
I was just going to purchase it today, but I just saw the FREE TRIAL on TIVO that said it will start on (or about) Jan 13th-28th.

I signed up.

Bill

I saw the offer today as well and signed up for the free trial.

POST #5 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

rclayton is offline Old Post 01-02-2004 09:04 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for rclayton Visit rclayton's homepage! Find more posts by rclayton Add rclayton to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rclayton

Where did you find a place to sign up for this offer? I looked on TiVo.com and couldn't find it, but I'm curious to try it out and see if I think it's worth the $99.

TIA

POST #6 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

daveyg013 is offline Old Post 01-02-2004 09:08 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for daveyg013 Find more posts by daveyg013 Add daveyg013 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
daveyg013

If you have a Series 2, it should be on your Tivo Central screen.

POST #7 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

maki is offline Old Post 01-02-2004 09:12 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for maki Visit maki's homepage! Find more posts by maki Add maki to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
maki

Yes, I also was prepared to purchase and noticed the free trial. It's pretty noticeable - it may only appear after a service connection. A new option in TiVo Central should then appear - [TiVo silhouette]FREE TRIAL: Home Media Option(TM).

POST #8 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

ufo4sale is offline Old Post 01-02-2004 09:18 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for ufo4sale Find more posts by ufo4sale Add ufo4sale to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ufo4sale

What a great start to the New Year, thanks TiVo.

POST #9 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

rclayton is offline Old Post 01-02-2004 09:28 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for rclayton Visit rclayton's homepage! Find more posts by rclayton Add rclayton to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rclayton

Ah, I can see my TiVo is waiting for a restart, but it's recording.....I'll check back later

POST #10 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

rclayton is offline Old Post 01-02-2004 10:22 AM
rclayton

There it is....all signed up. Now I can't wait for the 13th (hopefully not later). I was actually talking to my wife about purchasing the HMO this afternoon, but I was stalling. Now I get to test it out for 30 days before I drop $100....thanks TiVo!

Oh, and I'm keeping my fingers crossed for new features in HMO....could be why they are doing the promo.....

POST #11 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

maki is offline Old Post 01-02-2004 10:38 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for maki Visit maki's homepage! Find more posts by maki Add maki to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
maki

quote:
Originally posted by rclayton
Now I get to test it out for 30 days before I drop $100....thanks TiVo!

Actually, the promotion states it's good until the 28th - 15 days(provided it does begin on the 13th, sounds kind of strange, "As early as the 13th..."). None the less, it's still a free trial and is indeed a great way to start off the new year. More features would be a good thing, too. Would most definitely ensure my purchase of HMO.

Kind of ironic how it seems Mac users have a bit more trouble with HMO, yet Macs are all they feature in the promo video.

POST #12 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

bedelman is offline Old Post 01-02-2004 12:13 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for bedelman Visit bedelman's homepage! Find more posts by bedelman Add bedelman to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bedelman
Call me Bob

quote:
Originally posted by maki
Kind of ironic how it seems Mac users have a bit more trouble with HMO, yet Macs are all they feature in the promo video.

Actually, TiVo Desktop for Mac OSX is much simpler than the Windows version of TiVo Desktop. It integrates with both iTunes and iPhoto so all the management can be done with those applications. Plus there's no need for the TiVo Beacon (which the Windows application uses) since it uses Apple's Rendezvous technology -- which is also available for Windows by the way.

Most of the Mac users have had trouble with the firewall settings which is also an issue in the Windows version except I think the TiVo installer on Windows makes adjustments to the Windows firewall settings -- the Mac OSX installer could have been written to do the same with the Mac OSX firewall settings, but it wasn't.

1 Pioneer DVR-810H
2 TiVo Series 2 80 hour (one living with son in college)
1 TiVo Series 2 140 hour
1 Humax DRT-800 DVD Recorder with TiVo
1 Sony SVR-2000 (living with other son in Michigan)

POST #13 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

2324070933 is offline Old Post 01-02-2004 03:13 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for 2324070933 Find more posts by 2324070933 Add 2324070933 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote

Does anyone know if there will be a price break like the first time? I believe they dropped the price down to $59. That would be great!!!

al ma

POST #14 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

st6_guy is offline Old Post 01-02-2004 08:32 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for st6_guy Find more posts by st6_guy Add st6_guy to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
st6_guy

Not seeing the "free trial", I just paid the $99 last night. I hope I get credit if there is a price break on Jan 13th.

Cell phone companies do that all the time. I hate that.

POST #15 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Crrink is offline Old Post 01-02-2004 08:52 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Crrink Find more posts by Crrink Add Crrink to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Crrink

If the price changes within 30 days of your purchase, TiVo will credit you the difference.
They always have in the past, and since they still offer a 30 day money back guarantee, I don't imagine that policy has changed.

POST #16 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Oxygen99 is offline Old Post 01-02-2004 10:45 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Oxygen99 Find more posts by Oxygen99 Add Oxygen99 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Oxygen99

quote:
Originally posted by maki
sounds kind of strange, "As early as the 13th...").

Doesn't it sort of sound like they might have new software and aren't sure the date of its exact release?

POST #17 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

ufo4sale is offline Old Post 01-02-2004 11:00 PM
ufo4sale

Yes, yes it does. but i'm sure i'm getting my hopes up like I always do.

POST #18 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

bedelman is offline Old Post 01-03-2004 03:43 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for bedelman Visit bedelman's homepage! Find more posts by bedelman Add bedelman to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bedelman
Call me Bob

I got a chance to view the video on this offer last night. Normally, I wouldn't have had it visible on my TiVo units since they're all HMO-enabled and TiVo has been targeting offers like this only to users to which it would apply.

However, since I have a season pass for Teleworld Paid Programming -- they show up in my Now Playing list.

I think this is one of the first pieces of advertising I've seen from TiVo in a long time that appears to have been done by an outside advertising firm. If that's the case, it would explain why there are so many Powerbooks and iBooks in the presentation. Ad agencies routinely feature Macs in their spots because that's what they have.

I think the piece was very slick and showed a level of "fit and finish" that I haven't seen from TiVo in a while.

1 Pioneer DVR-810H
2 TiVo Series 2 80 hour (one living with son in college)
1 TiVo Series 2 140 hour
1 Humax DRT-800 DVD Recorder with TiVo
1 Sony SVR-2000 (living with other son in Michigan)

POST #19 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Erock68 is offline Old Post 01-03-2004 04:26 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Erock68 Find more posts by Erock68 Add Erock68 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Erock68

I too was just about ready to sign up when, I saw the "Free Trial" at Tivo Central.

POST #20 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged