TiVo Community Forum Archive 1
READ ONLY ARCHIVES

Welcome to the TiVo Community Forum Archive
This archive covers threads on TiVo Community Forum that have not been posted to from the start until June 30, 2004.  Any thread that has a post made to it between 7/1/04 and 12/31/05, that had not been posted to, will be found in Archive 2.
This is a READ ONLY site.

Search | ARCHIVE 2 | MAIN SITE

TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.8 TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 > Main TiVo Forums > HDTV TiVo Powered PVRs
>>> Don't let my children grow up in a world without HD. <<<

Pages (5): « Prev 1 2 [3] 4 5 Next »  
Forum Jump:
Search this Thread:
Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread ---> Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Bryanmc is offline Old Post 01-10-2004 09:20 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Bryanmc Visit Bryanmc's homepage! Find more posts by Bryanmc Add Bryanmc to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bryanmc
Will work for money.

quote:
Originally posted by llogan
meaning she'd go for more or less than $10?

Ask around.

Maybe jsmeeker will stop back by this thread...

POST #41 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Ereth is offline Old Post 01-14-2004 05:04 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Ereth Visit Ereth's homepage! Find more posts by Ereth Add Ereth to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ereth
MMM..Strawberry!

I'm in!

This is the kind of cause I can rally around and truly get behind! None of that wimpy "feed the homeless" or "save the poor" or "educate the stupid and inept", no, this is a truly American call to arms! Help a middle class family have better TV! What could be more American than that?

I'll sleep more comfortably knowing that, not only is MY HD Tivo recording Smallville in all it's HD glory, but so is Bryans, and his children won't be forced to watch that 4:3 version that doesn't have the whole picture!

POST #42 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Bryanmc is offline Old Post 01-14-2004 05:23 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Bryanmc Visit Bryanmc's homepage! Find more posts by Bryanmc Add Bryanmc to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bryanmc
Will work for money.

quote:
Originally posted by Ereth
I'm in!

This is the kind of cause I can rally around and truly get behind! None of that wimpy "feed the homeless" or "save the poor" or "educate the stupid and inept", no, this is a truly American call to arms! Help a middle class family have better TV! What could be more American than that?

I'll sleep more comfortably knowing that, not only is MY HD Tivo recording Smallville in all it's HD glory, but so is Bryans, and his children won't be forced to watch that 4:3 version that doesn't have the whole picture!

I think I'm going to cry. If I was in Jacksonville and 'into it' I'd hug you.

I got the Smallville Season 1 DVDs from my brother and sister for Christmas and I've compared them to the aired shows. Much is lost.

It's getting harder and harder to watch Smallville now that I've seen those DVDs.

Honest to God I had a dream the other night that Smallville was coming on and I had to hurry and hook up the HD receiver.

Then I woke up and realized I had no HD receiver. It had all been a dream.

POST #43 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

tfederov is offline Old Post 01-14-2004 05:29 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for tfederov Find more posts by tfederov Add tfederov to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tfederov
M GO BLUE!!!

It may not be TiVo......

I won't have any use for my HD receiver when I get the HD TiVo if you're interested.... I'm only up the road from you.

POST #44 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Bryanmc is offline Old Post 01-14-2004 06:56 AM
Bryanmc
Will work for money.

Yikes!

I thought I had the paypal email address forwarded to my main one so I haven't been checking it. I just did and realized that I missed some folks from last week!

Sorry about that!

The Hall of Fame is now updated.

POST #45 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

ClutchBrake is offline Old Post 01-20-2004 12:05 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for ClutchBrake Visit ClutchBrake's homepage! Find more posts by ClutchBrake Add ClutchBrake to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ClutchBrake
Pass the gravy!

Sorry, but I don't think I can donate to a guy making 5x what I make.

I've got an idea! You donate $50 to my new speakers fund and I'll donate $10 to your HD fund.

Bachelorhood: Life, liberty, and the happiness of pursuit.

POST #46 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Bryanmc is offline Old Post 01-20-2004 01:12 AM
Bryanmc
Will work for money.

If I make 5x what you make, then you're currently making about $4,000/yr.

I pulled in a whopping $20K last year.

Let's pray 2004 is better.

POST #47 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Toeside is offline Old Post 01-20-2004 01:17 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Toeside Find more posts by Toeside Add Toeside to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Toeside

Bryan,

This thread is hilarious. I can't bring myself to donate, but I am laughing.

Tell you what, my house is for sale. If I get a contract on it this week, then I'll donate. Sound good?

Hey, didn't you win naming rights to someone's garage about a year ago...or longer? It's been a while since I've been active in the chit-chat forum, but I think you won. Perhaps you can sell naming rights to the HD Tivo...and it could pay for itself!

Craig

Philips DSR6000r x2
Hughes HR10-250 05/08/04
Harmony H680
Mits WS-55413
Mits DD-8040 with DCDi

POST #48 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Bryanmc is offline Old Post 01-20-2004 02:38 AM
Bryanmc
Will work for money.

Come on Toe! You don't think you've gotten $10 worth of enjoyment out of the thread? To say nothing of helping my poor, sweet children!

I sold the naming rights to my pool a while ago.

I tried to win the naming rights to Doom's garage but his auction got pulled from Ebay.

POST #49 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

whoknows55 is offline Old Post 01-20-2004 02:57 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for whoknows55 Visit whoknows55's homepage! Find more posts by whoknows55 Add whoknows55 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
whoknows55
TiVo Forum Special Member

Won't someone please think of the children

You are doomed to burn in hell --- TreborPugly. I made Wk55 mad. Now my day is ruined --- pcgrrll
you make me laugh until salsa comes out my nose --- Anubis

POST #50 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

dswallow is offline Old Post 01-20-2004 03:02 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for dswallow Visit dswallow's homepage! Find more posts by dswallow Add dswallow to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dswallow
+258PC

quote:
Originally posted by whoknows55
Won't someone please think of the children
Michael Jackson does.

TiVo Community Forum Member Posting Statistics (updated daily)
List your local digital television broadcast stations by direction/distance
AVSForum Local HDTV Info & Reception index by DMA/City

POST #51 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

llogan is offline Old Post 01-20-2004 03:26 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for llogan Visit llogan's homepage! Find more posts by llogan Add llogan to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
llogan
Advanced Member

I'll dedicate the name of my next roll of toilet paper to someone...

1xRCA DTC100 HD Receiver
3x35 hour Hughes HDVR2 DirecTivo 3.1
1x225 hour Philips DirecTivo 3.1
3x35 hour Philips DirecTivos 3.1
1x35 hour Series 2 Philips DirecTivo 3.1 DSR 7000
1x35 hour Sony SAT-T60 2.5
Tivo soldier since 12/99

POST #52 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Toeside is offline Old Post 01-20-2004 04:09 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Toeside Find more posts by Toeside Add Toeside to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Toeside

quote:
Originally posted by Bryanmc
Come on Toe! You don't think you've gotten $10 worth of enjoyment out of the thread? To say nothing of helping my poor, sweet children!

I sold the naming rights to my pool a while ago.

I tried to win the naming rights to Doom's garage but his auction got pulled from Ebay.

That's right, it was Doom. Boy, it's been a while. You can thank your beloved HDTivo for bringing me back into these parts, too.

But, alas, I won't have one right away either. Heck, I don't even have an HDTV monitor yet...that'll come when we build our house later this year (sooner if my house would sell!).

But, you have my word. If I get a contract this week, you'll get a PayPal notification courtesy of moi.

Craig

Philips DSR6000r x2
Hughes HR10-250 05/08/04
Harmony H680
Mits WS-55413
Mits DD-8040 with DCDi

POST #53 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Bradc314 is offline Old Post 01-22-2004 10:15 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Bradc314 Find more posts by Bradc314 Add Bradc314 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bradc314
Hi.

Bryan,

Can't the government do something about this terrible, terrible plight?

Oh, btw, my daughters don't have HD, they don't even have a nice projector like your kids do. When will someone think of MY kids???

POST #54 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

whoknows55 is offline Old Post 01-22-2004 10:21 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for whoknows55 Visit whoknows55's homepage! Find more posts by whoknows55 Add whoknows55 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
whoknows55

I sent in a payment that related to the amount of enjoyment I got from this thread.

You are doomed to burn in hell --- TreborPugly. I made Wk55 mad. Now my day is ruined --- pcgrrll

POST #55 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Bryanmc is offline Old Post 01-22-2004 10:28 PM
Bryanmc
Will work for money.

quote:
I sent in a payment that related to the amount of enjoyment I got from this thread.

I think that transaction actually cost me money.

Anyway, the HoF has been updated.

POST #56 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

whoknows55 is offline Old Post 01-22-2004 10:40 PM
whoknows55

quote:
I think that transaction actually cost me money.

Anyway, the HoF has been updated.

Sorry. If I had known I would have sent a bit more.

POST #57 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Bryanmc is offline Old Post 01-22-2004 11:07 PM
Bryanmc
Will work for money.

quote:
Sorry. If I had known I would have sent a bit more.

Actually, here are the details of the transaction:

Total Amount: $0.02 USD
Fee Amount: -$0.02 USD
Net Amount: $0.00 USD

So, since I didn't actually get anything from the deal, I'm afraid I'm going to have to remove you from the HoF list.

It's just not fair to those that sent more than two cents.

POST #58 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

old7 is offline Old Post 01-22-2004 11:15 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for old7 Find more posts by old7 Add old7 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
old7
Advanced Member

quote:
It's just not fair to those that sent more than two cents.

Thank you.

-Old7

POST #59 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

whoknows55 is offline Old Post 01-23-2004 01:07 AM
whoknows55

Do I ask what the total is so far?

POST #60 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged