TiVo Community Forum Archive 1
READ ONLY ARCHIVES

Welcome to the TiVo Community Forum Archive
This archive covers threads on TiVo Community Forum that have not been posted to from the start until June 30, 2004.  Any thread that has a post made to it between 7/1/04 and 12/31/05, that had not been posted to, will be found in Archive 2.
This is a READ ONLY site.

Search | ARCHIVE 2 | MAIN SITE

TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.8 TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 > Main TiVo Forums > HDTV TiVo Powered PVRs
>>> MSRP Will Be $999 & Available starting March <<<

Pages (6): [1] 2 3 4 Next » ... Last »  
Forum Jump:
Search this Thread:
Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread ---> Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
JohnTivo is offline Old Post 01-10-2004 01:39 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for JohnTivo Find more posts by JohnTivo Add JohnTivo to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JohnTivo
Advanced Member

MSRP Will Be $999 & Available starting March

Found a thread over at avs stating the MSRP is $999.
Check it out: http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/show...threadid=349309

So much for our wishful thinking...

POST #1 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

wilsonc is offline Old Post 01-10-2004 01:48 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for wilsonc Find more posts by wilsonc Add wilsonc to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
wilsonc

If this turns out to be true, I suspect Dish Network phones would be ringing off the hook for $600 deal. As buggy as it might come out to be, it still would be $400 cheaper.

POST #2 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

jasonl99 is offline Old Post 01-10-2004 02:01 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for jasonl99 Find more posts by jasonl99 Add jasonl99 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jasonl99
Now New and Improved

quote:
Originally posted by wilsonc
If this turns out to be true, I suspect Dish Network phones would be ringing off the hook for $600 deal. As buggy as it might come out to be, it still would be $400 cheaper.

And have half the tuners.

POST #3 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

smak is offline Old Post 01-10-2004 02:08 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for smak Find more posts by smak Add smak to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
smak
new glossy edition

What's the MSRP on the current Dtivo's? $399?

how much do they sell for? $99?

MSRP tells you nothing about what the price will be except the fact that it won't be more than $999

-smak-

1. Buy
2. Complain
3. Research
4. Apologize

Come visit us at TC Poker Community

www.tcpokercommunity.com

POST #4 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

FourDoor is offline Old Post 01-10-2004 02:29 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for FourDoor Find more posts by FourDoor Add FourDoor to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
FourDoor
I Tivo!

For those of you who remembered the whole HDVR2 pre-order fiasco:

Anyone have a scanned priced adjusted receipt for the new Hughes HD-DVR250 yet from Circuit City showing it at 50% off MSRP???

POST #5 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

dvdude is offline Old Post 01-10-2004 02:30 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for dvdude Find more posts by dvdude Add dvdude to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dvdude

quote:
Originally posted by smak
MSRP tells you nothing about what the price will be except the fact that it won't be more than $999

....unless you get it at Radioshack!

POST #6 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Chuck_IV is offline Old Post 01-10-2004 03:03 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Chuck_IV Find more posts by Chuck_IV Add Chuck_IV to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Chuck_IV

quote:
Originally posted by smak
What's the MSRP on the current Dtivo's? $399?

how much do they sell for? $99?

-smak-

And how long have they been available?

When Directivos first came out, they sold for MSRP and at some places, even higher.

POST #7 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

bonscott87 is offline Old Post 01-10-2004 03:22 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for bonscott87 Find more posts by bonscott87 Add bonscott87 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bonscott87
Lets go Red Wings!

Uhhhh, MSRP on the 921 is also $999. The $600 is the *upgrade* price from the 821 offered in the $999 "total" HDTV package they are selling.

Hughes E86 HD STB
MX-500 remote and 43" Hitachi widescreen HDTV
Vonage phone service, no landline!

POST #8 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

pkscout is offline Old Post 01-10-2004 04:35 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for pkscout Find more posts by pkscout Add pkscout to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
pkscout
TiVo Forum Special Member

quote:
Originally posted by jasonl99
And have half the tuners.

Technically it would be two thirds of the tuners. The 921 has two satellite tuners and one OTA tuner.

It still wouldn't be worth it after the first time the wife beats the crap out of my when the 921 reboots while recording one of her shows.

POST #9 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

dswallow is offline Old Post 01-10-2004 04:41 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for dswallow Visit dswallow's homepage! Find more posts by dswallow Add dswallow to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dswallow
+258PC

quote:
Originally posted by pkscout
Technically it would be two thirds of the tuners. The 921 has two satellite tuners and one OTA tuner.
How about 3/4th's?

TiVo Community Forum Member Posting Statistics (updated daily)
List your local digital television broadcast stations by direction/distance
AVSForum Local HDTV Info & Reception index by DMA/City

POST #10 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Kamakzie is offline Old Post 01-10-2004 04:51 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Kamakzie Find more posts by Kamakzie Add Kamakzie to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Kamakzie

I am currently a Dish Network sub and was considering a 921. I however have heard of all the bugs (Plus only one OTA tuner) and now am VERY interested in switching when the HD Tivo is released. I would think some retailers would have a package deal for 3 rooms (3 LNB dish) with one being the HD Tivo and the others being regular receivers. Just taking a guess what would you guys think a package like be for a new customer of DTV? I would guess $699 with a 1 year commitment but I could be way off. As soon as I see a package like this available I am ordering!

POST #11 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

bkzoller is offline Old Post 01-10-2004 04:57 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for bkzoller Find more posts by bkzoller Add bkzoller to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bkzoller

quote:
Originally posted by pkscout

quote:
Originally posted by dswallow
How about 3/4th's?

Technically, you're both right. The HDTiVo will have 1/3 more tuners than the 921. The 921 will also have 3/4 as many tuners as the HDTiVo. The fraction depends on which way you make the comparison.

POST #12 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

dswallow is offline Old Post 01-10-2004 04:58 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for dswallow Visit dswallow's homepage! Find more posts by dswallow Add dswallow to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dswallow
+258PC

quote:
Originally posted by bkzoller
Technically, you're both right. The HDTiVo will have 1/3 more tuners than the 921. The 921 will also have 3/4 as many tuners as the HDTiVo. The fraction depends on which way you make the comparison.
Yes, you're right, but look at how HE made the comparison.

POST #13 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

FourDoor is offline Old Post 01-10-2004 05:02 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for FourDoor Find more posts by FourDoor Add FourDoor to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
FourDoor
I Tivo!

quote:
Originally posted by Kamakzie
I am currently a Dish Network sub and was considering a 921. I however have heard of all the bugs (Plus only one OTA tuner) and now am VERY interested in switching when the HD Tivo is released. I would think some retailers would have a package deal for 3 rooms (3 LNB dish) with one being the HD Tivo and the others being regular receivers. Just taking a guess what would you guys think a package like be for a new customer of DTV? I would guess $699 with a 1 year commitment but I could be way off. As soon as I see a package like this available I am ordering!

If history was to repeat itself; none of the major B&M retailers had the HDVR2 packaged up and discounted for new customers like that for many months after the HDVR2 first came out so I would expect the dame with the HD DTivo. Then again theres the online sites like expersat and others who had the DTivo and regular receiver package out right away...

With all the loyal Tivo users out there and the good old 'high demand and low supply' after inital release will cause the new HD DTivo to be sold out at the B&M stores for a while.

POST #14 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Kamakzie is offline Old Post 01-10-2004 05:10 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Kamakzie Find more posts by Kamakzie Add Kamakzie to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Kamakzie

How slow is the supply normally when DTV/Tivo release a new product? If it's like DISH it could be months.

POST #15 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

scottchez is offline Old Post 01-10-2004 05:38 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for scottchez Find more posts by scottchez Add scottchez to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
scottchez

Use the Dish 921 has one less OTA tuner but it does have One Firewire out put jack that Dish has confirmed will be turned on by April.

The HDTivo does not have the Firewire. It is also missing the Coax Out and one Componet video Input jack.

The 921 also can not currently do OTA with Guide data. It is missing. The HDTIVO can do this, it was shown in the CES demo.

THe 921 will not have Guide data for OTA till April.

Bottom line the 921 is still beta. Only about 20 People have one and you CANT get one new in a box right now (I have tried several times in the last few days).

I am now going to buy the HDTIVO 3 room package as a new customer. Cant wait.

POST #16 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Bryanmc is offline Old Post 01-10-2004 05:44 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Bryanmc Visit Bryanmc's homepage! Find more posts by Bryanmc Add Bryanmc to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bryanmc
Will work for money.

This would almost be welcome news.

At $700 I still couldn't afford it but could really stretch and make it happen. But it would hurt.

At a grand I'm not going to even think about it.

POST #17 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

dswallow is offline Old Post 01-10-2004 06:20 AM
dswallow
+258PC

quote:
Originally posted by Bryanmc
At a grand I'm not going to even think about it.
I'd bet you think about it.

POST #18 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

llogan is offline Old Post 01-10-2004 07:00 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for llogan Visit llogan's homepage! Find more posts by llogan Add llogan to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
llogan
Advanced Member

I'm buying at least two, $1000 is a little painful but for the functionality, oh baby. Hell, I can't live without Tivo and I'm sick and tired of working my HD recordings thru other means. However, I hope DirecTV has some kind of promotion.

1xRCA DTC100 HD Receiver
3x35 hour Hughes HDVR2 DirecTivo 3.1
1x225 hour Philips DirecTivo 3.1
3x35 hour Philips DirecTivos 3.1
1x35 hour Series 2 Philips DirecTivo 3.1 DSR 7000
1x35 hour Sony SAT-T60 2.5
Tivo soldier since 12/99

POST #19 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

pkscout is offline Old Post 01-10-2004 07:26 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for pkscout Find more posts by pkscout Add pkscout to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
pkscout

quote:
Originally posted by dswallow
Yes, you're right, but look at how HE made the comparison.

Yea, I was almost right. And my mom's a math teacher too. I guess that adage about preachers' kids is kind of the same for math teachers' kids.

POST #20 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged