TiVo Community Forum Archive 1
READ ONLY ARCHIVES

Welcome to the TiVo Community Forum Archive
This archive covers threads on TiVo Community Forum that have not been posted to from the start until June 30, 2004.  Any thread that has a post made to it between 7/1/04 and 12/31/05, that had not been posted to, will be found in Archive 2.
This is a READ ONLY site.

Search | ARCHIVE 2 | MAIN SITE

TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.8 TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 > Main TiVo Forums > HDTV TiVo Powered PVRs
>>> Did Anyone See the HDTiVo in Action at CES?? <<<

Pages (6): « Prev 1 [2] 3 4 5 Next » ... Last »  
Forum Jump:
Search this Thread:
Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread ---> Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
mikandrsn is offline Old Post 01-12-2004 10:09 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for mikandrsn Find more posts by mikandrsn Add mikandrsn to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mikandrsn

How's the speed on the guide and interface? Same old processor there?

POST #21 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Starrbuck is offline Old Post 01-12-2004 10:09 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Starrbuck Find more posts by Starrbuck Add Starrbuck to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Starrbuck

quote:
Originally posted by gpg
If it won't output HD and composite simultaneously, how will a modulator help? I've got the same den/kitchen problem that JeffPatt has.

I wasn't aware of that limitation. Has it been confirmed? If so, that's too bad. Good thing I can see the big screen from my kitchen.

I adopted HR10-250 #21 from VE, received at 9:45am CDT on April 22, 2004

POST #22 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

tgr131 is offline Old Post 01-12-2004 11:05 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for tgr131 Find more posts by tgr131 Add tgr131 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tgr131
Senile Member

quote:
Originally posted by JeffPatt

What is the max distance for s-video cable? Or can I buy a cheap video distributor so I do not have to run new cables?

Jeff

Jeff,

I was running cable this weekend, and had done some research on this. I don't have a definitive answer, but the impression I have from searching usenet using google, and talking to the guy where I bought the cable was that s-video would be fine in runs of up to 100 feet.

My run of about 42 feet showed no degradation in PQ.

David

"Poetry is a way of taking life by the throat."

Robert Frost

POST #23 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

JeffPatt is offline Old Post 01-12-2004 11:32 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for JeffPatt Find more posts by JeffPatt Add JeffPatt to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JeffPatt
I'm a TiVoholic

Everyone,

Thanks for all the info. I think a good old RF Modulator is the way to go.

I'm not that worried about not being able to output HD and regular at that same time. Most of the stuff that is watched in the kitchen is kids stuff and other things that are not in HD anyway.

Most of the good things on in Prime time and would be in HD we watch relaxing in the den.

Thanks,

Jeff

Philips DSR6000
Sony HD-100 (HDTV and DirecTV receiver)
MX-500 Remote
Spaun 5x8 Multiswitch

POST #24 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

scottchez is offline Old Post 01-12-2004 11:39 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for scottchez Find more posts by scottchez Add scottchez to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
scottchez

Any good source on Stereo RF modulators.

I plan to watch the HD Tivo late at night upstair when non HD stuff is on also.

POST #25 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Starrbuck is offline Old Post 01-12-2004 11:58 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Starrbuck Find more posts by Starrbuck Add Starrbuck to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Starrbuck

quote:
Originally posted by scottchez
Any good source on Stereo RF modulators.

I plan to watch the HD Tivo late at night upstair when non HD stuff is on also.

They have a stereo one for five bucks more.

Other stores like Wal-Mart sell them as well:

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/prod...6%3A3964%3A4537

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/prod...6%3A3964%3A4537

I adopted HR10-250 #21 from VE, received at 9:45am CDT on April 22, 2004

POST #26 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Todd is offline Old Post 01-13-2004 12:21 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Todd Find more posts by Todd Add Todd to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Todd
C Me in a C6

What's a good box for inserting video onto a particular channel (usually in the 80's) on coax? This way I could put TiVo on the same cable as cable TV, which I'll still have since I have a cable modem.

"Seriously, I think you are on the right track, but Todd is leading." - jsmeeker

POST #27 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Todd is offline Old Post 01-13-2004 12:24 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Todd Find more posts by Todd Add Todd to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Todd
C Me in a C6

Another question, when will the analog outputs turn on? I assume it's when you tell it to output a 480i signal... Also, what will it do with widescreen HD (or ED for that matter) video for the analog outputs? Will it cut off the edges, letterbox it, or what? I'm just trying to figure out how I'll ue this thing for in-house video distribution....

"Seriously, I think you are on the right track, but Todd is leading." - jsmeeker

POST #28 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

DTV TiVo Dealer is offline Old Post 01-13-2004 12:25 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for DTV TiVo Dealer Visit DTV TiVo Dealer's homepage! Find more posts by DTV TiVo Dealer Add DTV TiVo Dealer to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
DTV TiVo Dealer
Snr. Member/Retailer

HNS permitted me to man the HD-DVR250 live product demo for part of Friday and Saturday. I worked both sides of the exhibit, as they had 2 HD-DVR250's on display. I enjoyed presenting and answering questions.

POST #29 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

jdk is offline Old Post 01-13-2004 02:01 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for jdk Find more posts by jdk Add jdk to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jdk

That's nice to know... but details, details, details????

Also, most importantly, when will you (or anyone else) be taking preorders???

POST #30 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

oosik77 is offline Old Post 01-13-2004 03:33 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for oosik77 Visit oosik77's homepage! Find more posts by oosik77 Add oosik77 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
oosik77
TiVo Maniac

I did see 1 new setup screen. You can tell the Tivo what modes it can output. So if your TV doesn't do 1080i you can just switch that possibility off. Basically, if memory serves you can select/deselect 480p, 720p and 1080i.

POST #31 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

oosik77 is offline Old Post 01-13-2004 03:35 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for oosik77 Visit oosik77's homepage! Find more posts by oosik77 Add oosik77 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
oosik77
TiVo Maniac

One more thing... on the program filtering, you can filter for HDTV content only on the program guide.

POST #32 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

weldon is offline Old Post 01-13-2004 03:40 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for weldon Find more posts by weldon Add weldon to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
weldon

quote:
Originally posted by oosik77
One more thing... on the program filtering, you can filter for HDTV content only on the program guide.

Oooh, I like that! I'm pretty sure that someone that saw the demo at TiVo headquarters said that HDTV could be a criterion in a wishlist, but I'm wondering if you can use it on season passes (like record all first-run episodes in HD).

POST #33 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

oosik77 is offline Old Post 01-13-2004 04:56 AM
oosik77
TiVo Maniac

Keep in mind that's only as good as the data being provided to the guide people!

POST #34 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

FourDoor is offline Old Post 01-13-2004 05:37 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for FourDoor Find more posts by FourDoor Add FourDoor to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
FourDoor
I Tivo!

Very important question to people who have seen the HD DTivo in action at CES:

Was SD DTV signal demo'd at all with the HD DTivo? I am really curious as to how the quality of SD signal through the HD DTivo looks outputed at 480p and 1080i...

POST #35 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

kimsan is offline Old Post 01-13-2004 05:54 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for kimsan Visit kimsan's homepage! Find more posts by kimsan Add kimsan to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
kimsan
underling

quote:
Originally posted by weldon
Oooh, I like that! I'm pretty sure that someone that saw the demo at TiVo headquarters said that HDTV could be a criterion in a wishlist, but I'm wondering if you can use it on season passes (like record all first-run episodes in HD).

Since SPs are tied to a channel it should be a non issue. Set the SP for first runs on the HD channel and let it roll.

Unless I'm missing something really obvious here

kim

POST #36 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

MassRocket is offline Old Post 01-13-2004 06:36 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for MassRocket Find more posts by MassRocket Add MassRocket to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MassRocket

Jeff:

If you breakout the S-Video and get really good coax cable (2 cables required--Belden 1694a is the best) you can run it a very long way (100' plus).

Jeff and Todd:

If you decide to go the modulator route, I strongly recommend ChannelPlus modulators. They are very high quality, not terribly expensive (for the mono versions anyway) and can broadcast to any cable channel you want. I have a dual modulator (5525), single modulator (5525) and a 64-70 notch filter, which allows me to broadcast on 3 channels (65-67-69). I broadcast from two Tivos (one in the bedroom and one in the family room) and a receiver (also in the family room, to which all components in that room are connected) to every other room in the house. Great solution--but only SD though. Go to AVS Forum to learn more.

(I don't why it keeps showing me as a New Member. I have been on this forum for years.)

POST #37 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Gregd33 is offline Old Post 01-13-2004 06:54 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Gregd33 Find more posts by Gregd33 Add Gregd33 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Gregd33
Gamer Extraordinaire

quote:
Originally posted by theratpatrol
Minus-
No one touch record

What does this mean? We will not be able to hit RECORD while a show is running? Or does it mean we cannot select a show to be recorded via the guide?

Not sure what youre referring to.

Are you not entertained? Are you NOT ENTERTAINED!? Is this not why you are here?

POST #38 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Todd is offline Old Post 01-13-2004 06:57 AM
Todd
C Me in a C6

TiVo always wants you to confirm recordings, so technically it's not "one-touch" recording....

POST #39 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

larryhdtv is offline Old Post 01-13-2004 07:03 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for larryhdtv Find more posts by larryhdtv Add larryhdtv to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
larryhdtv

How about a firewire output?
What do you do if the Hard drive gets full?
Why not archive it to an external High Definition device like
a DVHS VCR(High Definition VCR)or a HD DVD recorder.

Don't you fellas agree with me?

POST #40 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged