TiVo Community Forum Archive 1
READ ONLY ARCHIVES

Welcome to the TiVo Community Forum Archive
This archive covers threads on TiVo Community Forum that have not been posted to from the start until June 30, 2004.  Any thread that has a post made to it between 7/1/04 and 12/31/05, that had not been posted to, will be found in Archive 2.
This is a READ ONLY site.

Search | ARCHIVE 2 | MAIN SITE

TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.8 TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 > Main TiVo Forums > HDTV TiVo Powered PVRs
>>> pre-order <<<

Pages (269): [1] 2 3 4 Next » ... Last »  
Forum Jump:
Search this Thread:
Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread ---> Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
mprh is offline Old Post 01-15-2004 04:05 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for mprh Find more posts by mprh Add mprh to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mprh

pre-order

Does any know when we will be able to pre-order the hd tivo?
Marie

POST #1 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

JimSpence is offline Old Post 01-15-2004 05:02 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for JimSpence Visit JimSpence's homepage! Find more posts by JimSpence Add JimSpence to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JimSpence
TiVo Forum Special Member

Personally, I'm going to do a wait and see how many bugs the unit comes with before ponying up the cash.
I have the HD receiver to fill the void, even if I can't record them.

Waivers for all four nets are in place.
I'm suspicious of newbies, but tolerant!
And, just because I have a bunch of posts doesn't mean I'm always right.
Add 1231 for accurate post count.

POST #2 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

rogo is offline Old Post 01-16-2004 09:20 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for rogo Find more posts by rogo Add rogo to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rogo
Advanced Member

I don't want to speak out of turn, but seek a pre-order and ye shall find one soon enough....

I could care less about the few bugs that might remain. I am too busy suffering through commercials, no live-TV pause, needing to be home, etc. to watch by HDTV.

Enough!

POST #3 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

oldskoolboarder is offline Old Post 01-16-2004 11:46 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for oldskoolboarder Find more posts by oldskoolboarder Add oldskoolboarder to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
oldskoolboarder

do you guys think there'll be a deal to upgrade to HDTivo?

I'm tempted for the current $99 HDTV deal (I only have a dual LNB w/ round dish) but wondering if I should just wait for the HDTivo.

POST #4 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

dswallow is offline Old Post 01-16-2004 05:10 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for dswallow Visit dswallow's homepage! Find more posts by dswallow Add dswallow to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dswallow
+258PC

quote:
Originally posted by rogo
I don't want to speak out of turn, but seek a pre-order and ye shall find one soon enough....

I could care less about the few bugs that might remain. I am too busy suffering through commercials, no live-TV pause, needing to be home, etc. to watch by HDTV.

Enough!

Come on! Speak out of turn already! I wanna preorder! Anybody have a Circuit City receipt I can show for a price match???

TiVo Community Forum Member Posting Statistics (updated daily)
List your local digital television broadcast stations by direction/distance
AVSForum Local HDTV Info & Reception index by DMA/City

POST #5 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Scofer is offline Old Post 01-16-2004 09:34 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Scofer Visit Scofer's homepage! Find more posts by Scofer Add Scofer to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Scofer
Propeller Head

To pre-order try this url...

www(.)valueelectronics.com/avsTC.htm

I would have made it a link, but I haven't posted enough times... Dammit Jim, I'm a lurker not a poster!

POST #6 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

dcushing is offline Old Post 01-16-2004 09:52 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for dcushing Find more posts by dcushing Add dcushing to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dcushing
Always Lurking

Looked at ValueElectronics offer. It seems he has all the bases covered. I find the UMF pulling pretty hard at the chance to save $100.00.

Dave

POST #7 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

btwyx is offline Old Post 01-16-2004 09:52 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for btwyx Find more posts by btwyx Add btwyx to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
btwyx

quote:
Originally posted by Scofer

I would have made it a link, but I haven't posted enough times... Dammit Jim, I'm a lurker not a poster!

<http://www.valueelectronics.com/avsTC.htm>. That's an offer I couldn't refuse. Are these people reputable?

Why can't they give faster shipping options on line?

POST #8 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

tfederov is offline Old Post 01-16-2004 09:58 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for tfederov Find more posts by tfederov Add tfederov to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tfederov
M GO BLUE!!!

Angry

DAMN YOU PEGASUS!!! Why can't we buy from companies online!?!?!?! I have to wait until they actually hit the stores.

POST #9 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

ebonovic is offline Old Post 01-16-2004 10:08 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for ebonovic Find more posts by ebonovic Add ebonovic to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ebonovic

quote:
Originally posted by btwyx
<http://www.valueelectronics.com/avsTC.htm>. That's an offer I couldn't refuse. Are these people reputable?

Why can't they give faster shipping options on line?

They are reputable, I purchased my Zenith SAT-520 from them.
I am going to go with that offer, Guranteed $100 off the lowest price out there... Can't really go wrong.

Guess I will have to use the BB Certificates else where.

For faster Shipping Options, give them a call.

Earl

POST #10 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

dcushing is offline Old Post 01-16-2004 10:21 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for dcushing Find more posts by dcushing Add dcushing to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dcushing
Always Lurking

DAMN THE UMF!!! It doesn't take much to convince me to spend more money.

Just don't tell my wife.

Dave

POST #11 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

pkscout is offline Old Post 01-16-2004 10:31 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for pkscout Find more posts by pkscout Add pkscout to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
pkscout

I'd been planning to order from these folks anyway. I got mine in too. The page had been visited 133 times already. If everyone of those visits resulted in an order, they're going fast.

The only thing that wasn't obvious to me was how to deal with signing up for service if you're a new customer, so I just paid my deposit and put a note in the comments field that I still need to sign up for service.

POST #12 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

jeff125va is offline Old Post 01-16-2004 10:36 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for jeff125va Find more posts by jeff125va Add jeff125va to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jeff125va

I know I bought a multi-switch or something from these guys recently. I'd definitely remember if I had any problems, it was only a few months ago.

I assume that the discount from the deposit (up to $100) is off the FINAL selling price, after any price match. Anyone see any reason to think that wouldn't be the case?

35 hour Philips DSR 704

POST #13 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

ebonovic is offline Old Post 01-16-2004 10:53 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for ebonovic Find more posts by ebonovic Add ebonovic to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ebonovic

quote:
Originally posted by jeff125va
I know I bought a multi-switch or something from these guys recently. I'd definitely remember if I had any problems, it was only a few months ago.

I assume that the discount from the deposit (up to $100) is off the FINAL selling price, after any price match. Anyone see any reason to think that wouldn't be the case?

No reason not to think that... Plus these vendor has made a significant amount of business from the AVSForum and TivoCommunity.

If they re-nig or don't honor the original deal in good faith, they will get blasted by one of their key sources of business.

Earl

POST #14 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

tfederov is offline Old Post 01-16-2004 10:55 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for tfederov Find more posts by tfederov Add tfederov to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tfederov
M GO BLUE!!!

So besides B&M places, where can us people out in the Communist NRTC get this stuff?

POST #15 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

dswallow is offline Old Post 01-16-2004 11:40 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for dswallow Visit dswallow's homepage! Find more posts by dswallow Add dswallow to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dswallow
+258PC

quote:
Originally posted by Scofer

Thank you. (Pre-)Ordered.

POST #16 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Shark73 is offline Old Post 01-16-2004 11:44 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Shark73 Find more posts by Shark73 Add Shark73 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Shark73

When did Robert start this offer?

POST #17 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

neilaevans is offline Old Post 01-16-2004 11:44 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for neilaevans Find more posts by neilaevans Add neilaevans to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
neilaevans

Yup,
I'm in too. Although I called and actually ordered it over the phone because I needed to order a new dish as well (it's really disappointing to me to have to pay 100 bucks for a dish...but heck, at least I'm not in Communist NRTC!)

That Wendy over at valueelectronics is very nice...

POST #18 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

dswallow is offline Old Post 01-16-2004 11:48 PM
dswallow
+258PC

quote:
Originally posted by neilaevans
Yup,
I'm in too. Although I called and actually ordered it over the phone because I needed to order a new dish as well (it's really disappointing to me to have to pay 100 bucks for a dish...but heck, at least I'm not in Communist NRTC!)

That Wendy over at valueelectronics is very nice...

All you needed to do was call DirecTV and tell them you want to buy a HD receiver but need a 3-LNB dish.

POST #19 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

btwyx is offline Old Post 01-16-2004 11:51 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for btwyx Find more posts by btwyx Add btwyx to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
btwyx

quote:
Originally posted by ebonovic
For faster Shipping Options, give them a call.
It'd be a lot easier (for me at least) just to give me the option on the order form. I just called them and they were somewhat clueless about it. I have to call them back in a few minutes to find out the answer, and she didn't seem to understand the work "options", "well I guess you could overnight it". 2 day shipping is usuaully a good compromise between anticipation and expense.

Ground shipping takes forever. If I could just go down to my local B&M store and pick one up in the meantime I would be somewhat miffed.

POST #20 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged