TiVo Community Forum Archive 1
READ ONLY ARCHIVES

Welcome to the TiVo Community Forum Archive
This archive covers threads on TiVo Community Forum that have not been posted to from the start until June 30, 2004.  Any thread that has a post made to it between 7/1/04 and 12/31/05, that had not been posted to, will be found in Archive 2.
This is a READ ONLY site.

Search | ARCHIVE 2 | MAIN SITE

TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.8 TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 > Main TiVo Forums > HDTV TiVo Powered PVRs
>>> pre-order <<<

Pages (269): « Prev 1 [2] 3 4 5 Next » ... Last »  
Forum Jump:
Search this Thread:
Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread ---> Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
dswallow is offline Old Post 01-16-2004 11:52 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for dswallow Visit dswallow's homepage! Find more posts by dswallow Add dswallow to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dswallow
+258PC

quote:
Originally posted by btwyx
It'd be a lot easier (for me at least) just to give me the option on the order form. I just called them and they were somewhat clueless about it. I have to call them back in a few minutes to find out the answer, and she didn't seem to understand the work "options", "well I guess you could overnight it". 2 day shipping is usuaully a good compromise between anticipation and expense.

Ground shipping takes forever. If I could just go down to my local B&M store and pick one up in the meantime I would be somewhat miffed.

Hey, another New Jersey advantage... close enough to New York for next-day UPS Ground service, and far enough for no sales tax.

TiVo Community Forum Member Posting Statistics (updated daily)
List your local digital television broadcast stations by direction/distance
AVSForum Local HDTV Info & Reception index by DMA/City

POST #21 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

btwyx is offline Old Post 01-17-2004 12:05 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for btwyx Find more posts by btwyx Add btwyx to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
btwyx
TiVo Forum Special Member

quote:
Originally posted by btwyx
2 day shipping is usuaully a good compromise between anticipation and expense.
I got a quote for shipping here, all the way over to the left cost:

About $75 overnight
About $40 2nd day
About $35 3 day

I went for 2nd day. She wasn't very definate about the price which is a bit disconcerting. I suppose she doesn't know the exact weight yet.

POST #22 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

btwyx is offline Old Post 01-17-2004 12:07 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for btwyx Find more posts by btwyx Add btwyx to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
btwyx

quote:
Originally posted by dswallow
Hey, another New Jersey advantage... close enough to New York for next-day UPS Ground service, and far enough for no sales tax.
But you have to live in New Jersy. ( )

POST #23 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

neilaevans is offline Old Post 01-17-2004 12:22 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for neilaevans Find more posts by neilaevans Add neilaevans to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
neilaevans

quote:
Originally posted by dswallow
All you needed to do was call DirecTV and tell them you want to buy a HD receiver but need a 3-LNB dish.

Thanks dswallow. DirecTV is quoting me $50 for the dish and $14 for shipping. They include install on the dish, but not running any additional lines (which I can do myself anyway). Does that seem right to you?

They said I could get the dish cheaper if I was buying an HD receiver from them at the same time...

As always, you guys are a great source of info

POST #24 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

harambur is offline Old Post 01-17-2004 12:26 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for harambur Find more posts by harambur Add harambur to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
harambur

when did this offer start? he said he would get his first 300 shipment in april. i kind of wanted earlier to record sopranos in HD, but i guess i can suffer for a month. it will only be 4 episodes i miss that will not be HD.

also, i don't hit my 2 year anniversary with DTV until March 5th. So I have to hold off on the HD deal till then anyway so I can get in for $99. I am hoping that once I sell my two utvs, plus my zenith 1080, and the HD receiver that DTV will send me, my out of pocket for the HD Tivo should be under $200.

POST #25 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

CamDLux is offline Old Post 01-17-2004 12:53 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for CamDLux Find more posts by CamDLux Add CamDLux to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CamDLux

I just placed my order w/ $100 deposit...Value Electronics came through big time during the HDVR2 fiasco...there is no reason to doubt them.

POST #26 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

maharg18 is offline Old Post 01-17-2004 12:53 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for maharg18 Find more posts by maharg18 Add maharg18 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
maharg18

Woohoo! I'm signed up!

HR10-250 HD Directivo
DSR704 SD Directivo

POST #27 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

mainecooncat is offline Old Post 01-17-2004 12:55 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for mainecooncat Visit mainecooncat's homepage! Find more posts by mainecooncat Add mainecooncat to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mainecooncat

One of those 300 is coming to me hopefully in time for the 2004 Masters (in HDTV on CBS). I had planned on using a $100 gift card at Best Buy and expected to pay the full $999 price. Now I save $100 by pre-ordering and still have the $100 gift card for Best Buy.

FYI: I saved $163 on a Dell PC for my father this morning using a coupon code provided by a member at FatWallet.com. This afternoon I saved $100 by pre-ordering the HD-DVR250. Thanks.

UPS Ground from Scarsdale, NY to Blacksburg, VA is guaranteed 2 days. Early April could mean shipping out by April 5th and delivery by April 7th which means seeing the Masters in HDTV.

Last edited by mainecooncat on 01-17-2004 at 01:20 AM

POST #28 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

jdk is offline Old Post 01-17-2004 12:58 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for jdk Find more posts by jdk Add jdk to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jdk

Over 400 visits to the page so far... He says he'll only take 350 pre-orders.

Anyone know when this offer went up? It'll be interesting to see how quickly the pre-orders fill up...

POST #29 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

daperlman is offline Old Post 01-17-2004 01:11 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for daperlman Visit daperlman's homepage! Find more posts by daperlman Add daperlman to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
daperlman
sci-fi wasabi

almost had me... but they don't take Amex...

POST #30 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

scottchez is offline Old Post 01-17-2004 01:17 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for scottchez Find more posts by scottchez Add scottchez to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
scottchez

One of the Dishnetwork reatailers did this on the 921

they were only able to fill 20 per week when it first came out.

If you are order number 40 or later, I would expect delays. Good thing there is a shipping refund guarantee in there. I think this is a fair deal.

POST #31 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

drewba is offline Old Post 01-17-2004 01:21 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for drewba Find more posts by drewba Add drewba to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
drewba

Has anyone called to see if there are any package deals with dish and installation for new subs?

POST #32 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

neilaevans is offline Old Post 01-17-2004 01:27 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for neilaevans Find more posts by neilaevans Add neilaevans to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
neilaevans

quote:
Originally posted by neilaevans
Thanks dswallow. DirecTV is quoting me $50 for the dish and $14 for shipping. They include install on the dish, but not running any additional lines (which I can do myself anyway). Does that seem right to you?

They said I could get the dish cheaper if I was buying an HD receiver from them at the same time...

As always, you guys are a great source of info

Never mind...I cancelled my dish from Value and went with the $99 HD dish and HD receiver deal from DirecTV. (See the DirecTV forum for details). Also got free locals for six months and 10 bucks off HBO for 6 months. I could have gotten the $20 off Total Premiere Choice if I had wanted to as well. And now once my HD-Tivo shows up, I'll have two older receivers to Ebay (my old HD OTA only and the new HD DirecTV I'm getting next week).

And no 1 year service commitment for anything (not that I'm planning to cancel anyway).

This forum saves me some serious $$$!

POST #33 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

jdk is offline Old Post 01-17-2004 01:34 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for jdk Find more posts by jdk Add jdk to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jdk

Really - no commitment?

Every time I've heard of getting special deals from DirecTV, you have to commit to a year.

Heck - the last time I activated a new DirecTivo online (bought at Circuit City without install), they said I was committing to another year of service.

I'd bet that when you activate your new HD receiver, you'll be told you're committing to another year of Total Choice (at a minimum).

POST #34 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

mainecooncat is offline Old Post 01-17-2004 01:54 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for mainecooncat Visit mainecooncat's homepage! Find more posts by mainecooncat Add mainecooncat to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mainecooncat

quote:
Originally posted by drewba
Has anyone called to see if there are any package deals with dish and installation for new subs?

The pre-order page list the following conditions on the deal (item #10):

10. New residential DIRECTV subscribers, signing a 1 yr. programming agreement with my company will get an 18x20 dish and standard professional installation included at no additional cost. Plus up to two additional basic receivers, shipped and installed at no additional cost.

Looks like a new subscriber can get the HD-DVR250, dish, installation and two standard-def receivers for the same price ($899 if you put down $100 deposit plus $15 shipping).

POST #35 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

BadlyDrawnBoy is offline Old Post 01-17-2004 01:55 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for BadlyDrawnBoy Find more posts by BadlyDrawnBoy Add BadlyDrawnBoy to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
BadlyDrawnBoy

I ordered one up. Lets see how it goes.
thanks for the link

POST #36 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

drewba is offline Old Post 01-17-2004 02:03 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for drewba Find more posts by drewba Add drewba to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
drewba

quote:
Originally posted by mainecooncat
The pre-order page list the following conditions on the deal (item #10):

10. New residential DIRECTV subscribers, signing a 1 yr. programming agreement with my company will get an 18x20 dish and standard professional installation included at no additional cost. Plus up to two additional basic receivers, shipped and installed at no additional cost.

Looks like a new subscriber can get the HD-DVR250, dish, installation and two standard-def receivers for the same price ($899 if you put down $100 deposit plus $15 shipping).

Doh, I don't know how I missed that. Thanks!

POST #37 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

neilaevans is offline Old Post 01-17-2004 02:18 AM
neilaevans

quote:
Originally posted by jdk
Really - no commitment?

Every time I've heard of getting special deals from DirecTV, you have to commit to a year.

Heck - the last time I activated a new DirecTivo online (bought at Circuit City without install), they said I was committing to another year of service.

I'd bet that when you activate your new HD receiver, you'll be told you're committing to another year of Total Choice (at a minimum).

I have a feeling you're right that they will bring it up when I activate, but no, it was never mentioned (of course I didn't ask). Committment is no problem for me...I wonder if I'll be able to talk them into some additional discount when they force me to make the committment

POST #38 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

AbMagFab is offline Old Post 01-17-2004 02:19 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for AbMagFab Visit AbMagFab's homepage! Find more posts by AbMagFab Add AbMagFab to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
AbMagFab
I love my HD Tivo!!

I pre-ordered too... It said $899 ($914 with shipping) on the checkout page. Did I get charged $100 or $914?

SD-DVR40 240GB with Linksys USB200M, TivoWeb, TyTool, tivoapp patches, caller-id, mfs_ftp (but no S1->S2)
HR10-250 HD DirecTivo, 500GB with LinkSys USB200M, TivoWebPlus, HDTyTool, tivoapp patches, caller-id, mfs-ftp

Click to see my useless thoughts...
DirecTV + Tivo is better than Cable, you're wrong if you don't agree.
People I won't do business with ever again: 1) Value Electronics

POST #39 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

tomr is offline Old Post 01-17-2004 02:22 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for tomr Find more posts by tomr Add tomr to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tomr
HDTivo and love'n it

quote:
Originally posted by tfederov
DAMN YOU PEGASUS!!! Why can't we buy from companies online!?!?!?! I have to wait until they actually hit the stores.

I don't understand the no NRTC rule on this one. When these hit CC at $999.00 an NRTC user will be able to purchase one. Since you will be buying this outright with no committment I don't see why VE couldn't sell one.

Anyway, count me in with the Pre-order. I slipped the computer an extra $20 so I would be placed #1 on the list

POST #40 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged