TiVo Community Forum Archive 1
READ ONLY ARCHIVES

Welcome to the TiVo Community Forum Archive
This archive covers threads on TiVo Community Forum that have not been posted to from the start until June 30, 2004.  Any thread that has a post made to it between 7/1/04 and 12/31/05, that had not been posted to, will be found in Archive 2.
This is a READ ONLY site.

Search | ARCHIVE 2 | MAIN SITE

TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.8 TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 > Main TiVo Forums > HDTV TiVo Powered PVRs
>>> pre-order <<<

Pages (269): « Prev 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 Next » ... Last »  
Forum Jump:
Search this Thread:
Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread ---> Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
DTV TiVo Dealer is offline Old Post 01-17-2004 04:51 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for DTV TiVo Dealer Visit DTV TiVo Dealer's homepage! Find more posts by DTV TiVo Dealer Add DTV TiVo Dealer to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
DTV TiVo Dealer
Snr. Member/Retailer

quote:
Originally posted by mainecooncat
The piggy bank is getting awfully empty. My wife isn't that interested in the HD-DVR250 but she might go for spending another $140 to get rid of all the remotes.

Can I add an order for the Harmony remote after placing an order earlier today for the HD-DVR250 if my wife wants one?

Yes. Just go back using the same url to get to the special avs/TC page.

POST #61 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

btwyx is offline Old Post 01-17-2004 04:57 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for btwyx Find more posts by btwyx Add btwyx to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
btwyx
TiVo Forum Special Member

quote:
Originally posted by DTV TiVo Dealer
Don't worry about the counter. When I first started designing the page I put a counter on it. Between my development, my dramatis personae contributions and vendors approval the counter was at 70 when we launched the offer this morning.
Its was 92 when I got there, which was less than 20 min after the first post which mentioned it.
quote:
BTW, doesn't anyone like the Harmony and other special offers?

I mentally filtered out the ad until a lot later, I was quite focussed when I found your page. Also I have a Pronto 3000 anyway. What other special offers? I don't see any.

POST #62 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

JohnTivo is offline Old Post 01-17-2004 04:59 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for JohnTivo Find more posts by JohnTivo Add JohnTivo to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JohnTivo
Advanced Member

quote:
Originally posted by btwyx
Its was 92 when I got there, which was less than 20 min after the first post which mentioned it.[B] I mentally filtered out the ad until a lot later, I was quite focussed when I found your page. Also I have a Pronto 3000 anyway. What other special offers? I don't see any.

10% on anything else you buy.

POST #63 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

dswallow is offline Old Post 01-17-2004 05:02 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for dswallow Visit dswallow's homepage! Find more posts by dswallow Add dswallow to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dswallow
+258PC

quote:
Originally posted by JohnTivo
10% on anything else you buy.
Do they sell carpet?

TiVo Community Forum Member Posting Statistics (updated daily)
List your local digital television broadcast stations by direction/distance
AVSForum Local HDTV Info & Reception index by DMA/City

POST #64 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Larry Hutchinson is offline Old Post 01-17-2004 05:43 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Larry Hutchinson Find more posts by Larry Hutchinson Add Larry Hutchinson to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Larry Hutchinson

It was at 1037 when I placed my order just now. Hope I am in the first 300. Is there any way to know given an order ID?

Didn't order anything else becase I did not want to be distracted.

POST #65 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

pkscout is offline Old Post 01-17-2004 05:46 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for pkscout Find more posts by pkscout Add pkscout to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
pkscout

quote:
Originally posted by Larry Hutchinson
It was at 1037 when I placed my order just now. Hope I am in the first 300. Is there any way to know given an order ID?

Didn't order anything else becase I did not want to be distracted.

Yes Luke, you must stay focused. Feel the Force around you...

Oh, wait. Your Larry. Nevermind.

edit: OK, everyone send me your order number. I'll put them in order and let everyone know. I promise I won't call and swap the shipping address. (just in case, I'm kidding, please don't send me your order number)

POST #66 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

jb007 is offline Old Post 01-17-2004 05:48 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for jb007 Find more posts by jb007 Add jb007 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jb007
Secret Member

FYI, FWIW . . . Good Guys is taking pre-orders and offering 10% off ($100) on orders placed by the end of the weekend. Their computer says the wharehouse will be receiving 1,000 HD DVR250's on 3/15/04 (this obviously conflicts with the 3/26/04 shipping date we've all heard about). ALSO, GG requires a 50% deposit!

I placed my order and am onboard with ValueElectronics

POST #67 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

pkscout is offline Old Post 01-17-2004 05:49 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for pkscout Find more posts by pkscout Add pkscout to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
pkscout

quote:
Originally posted by jb007
FYI, FWIW . . . Good Guys is taking pre-orders and offering 10% off ($100) on orders placed by the end of the weekend. Their computer says the wharehouse will be receiving 1,000 HD DVR250's on 3/15/04 (this obviously conflicts with the 3/26/04 shipping date we've all heard about). ALSO, GG requires a 50% deposit!

Do you get the feeling someone just put a random number in for the ship date and number that will be available?

POST #68 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

TallGuy is offline Old Post 01-17-2004 05:53 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for TallGuy Find more posts by TallGuy Add TallGuy to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TallGuy
TiVo TiVo TiVo TiVo

I just called ValueElectronics and Robert said that his actual pre-orders taken is right around 100 units at this point. Also, he just updated the web site so it offers the faster shipping options. 2-day is $40 extra (so $55 total shipping), I think overnight was $75 extra. It's a lot because the box is 20 pounds. But hey, the $100 discount paid for it, not me.

POST #69 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

pkscout is offline Old Post 01-17-2004 05:59 AM
pkscout

OK, I really kind of expected more than that in the first day. In fact, I kind of expected him to fill the pre-order quota in the first day. I guess that means not everyone is as excited about it as I am. I'm not quite excited enough to change the shipping from UPS to something else, but still...

The good news is I'm in the top 100!!! I haven't been in the top 100 of basically anything since high school (and that's only because I graduated in a class of 72).

POST #70 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

bigcb37 is offline Old Post 01-17-2004 06:00 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for bigcb37 Find more posts by bigcb37 Add bigcb37 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bigcb37
Willing Member

I got my pre-order in with VE...makes me feel all warm and fuzzy knowing that I'm all set.

Now all I have to fo is get Directv. I wont be getting the new service set up through VE however because as a new customer you can get the HD dish plus 3 standard receiver free and get the installation free as well from best buy. Think I will go with that and ebay the extra receiver when the HD tivo comes...

POST #71 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

tomr is offline Old Post 01-17-2004 06:06 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for tomr Find more posts by tomr Add tomr to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tomr
HDTivo and love'n it

quote:
Originally posted by jb007

I placed my order and am onboard with ValueElectronics

I remember when the DirecTivo DSR6000 first came out in 2000, GG had an exclusive agreement (for B&M stores at least) for about a month. That was a fiasco.

POST #72 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

neilaevans is offline Old Post 01-17-2004 06:15 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for neilaevans Find more posts by neilaevans Add neilaevans to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
neilaevans

darn that UMF...

...just sent them an email to upgrade my shipping to next day.

POST #73 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

TallGuy is offline Old Post 01-17-2004 06:24 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for TallGuy Find more posts by TallGuy Add TallGuy to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TallGuy
TiVo TiVo TiVo TiVo

ok, call me whatever names you must, but what does 'UMF' stand for?

POST #74 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

harambur is offline Old Post 01-17-2004 06:27 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for harambur Find more posts by harambur Add harambur to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
harambur

But you forget that out of a class of 72, you were still number 100

quote:
Originally posted by pkscout

The good news is I'm in the top 100!!! I haven't been in the top 100 of basically anything since high school (and that's only because I graduated in a class of 72).

POST #75 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

harambur is offline Old Post 01-17-2004 06:28 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for harambur Find more posts by harambur Add harambur to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
harambur

U Might Forget???????? I too would like to know.

quote:
Originally posted by TallGuy
ok, call me whatever names you must, but what does 'UMF' stand for?

POST #76 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

davidmin is offline Old Post 01-17-2004 06:32 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for davidmin Find more posts by davidmin Add davidmin to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
davidmin

UMF is happy hour talk for unseen mystical force, aka the urge to buy something.

David

POST #77 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

dswallow is offline Old Post 01-17-2004 06:36 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for dswallow Visit dswallow's homepage! Find more posts by dswallow Add dswallow to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dswallow
+258PC

quote:
Originally posted by davidmin
UMF is happy hour talk for unseen mystical force, aka the urge to buy something.
I believe it's the urge to buy something based entirely upon seeing people here talk about it or buy it themselves.

TiVo Community Forum Member Posting Statistics (updated daily)
List your local digital television broadcast stations by direction/distance
AVSForum Local HDTV Info & Reception index by DMA/City

POST #78 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

pkscout is offline Old Post 01-17-2004 07:07 AM
pkscout

quote:
Originally posted by dswallow
I believe it's the urge to buy something based entirely upon seeing people here talk about it or buy it themselves.

In the Macintosh world we call that the Jobs Reality Distortion Field. I've lost count of how many Mac things I've bought right after a MacWorld Keynote.

POST #79 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

neilaevans is offline Old Post 01-17-2004 07:10 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for neilaevans Find more posts by neilaevans Add neilaevans to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
neilaevans

quote:
Originally posted by dswallow

Or the urge to buy based entirely upon having people here PM you incessantly about it, eh Doug?

POST #80 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged