TiVo Community Forum Archive 1
READ ONLY ARCHIVES

Welcome to the TiVo Community Forum Archive
This archive covers threads on TiVo Community Forum that have not been posted to from the start until June 30, 2004.  Any thread that has a post made to it between 7/1/04 and 12/31/05, that had not been posted to, will be found in Archive 2.
This is a READ ONLY site.

Search | ARCHIVE 2 | MAIN SITE

TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.8 TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 > Main TiVo Forums > HDTV TiVo Powered PVRs
>>> pre-order <<<

Pages (269): « First ... « Prev 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 Next » ... Last »  
Forum Jump:
Search this Thread:
Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread ---> Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
dswallow is offline Old Post 01-17-2004 08:01 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for dswallow Visit dswallow's homepage! Find more posts by dswallow Add dswallow to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dswallow
+258PC

quote:
Originally posted by neilaevans
Or the urge to buy based entirely upon having people here PM you incessantly about it, eh Doug?
Only if by incessantly you mean twice.

TiVo Community Forum Member Posting Statistics (updated daily)
List your local digital television broadcast stations by direction/distance
AVSForum Local HDTV Info & Reception index by DMA/City

POST #81 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Todd is offline Old Post 01-17-2004 08:10 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Todd Find more posts by Todd Add Todd to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Todd
C Me in a C6

Does this all mean that DirecTV won't be offering some special deals on the box for new customers? Or do we just not know at this point?

"Seriously, I think you are on the right track, but Todd is leading." - jsmeeker

POST #82 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Cudahy is offline Old Post 01-17-2004 08:18 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Cudahy Find more posts by Cudahy Add Cudahy to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Cudahy

If Good Guys is also taking preorders(with $100 off) then I would think that Circuit City and other places will doing the same soon. It sounds like preordering over the internet won't get it to you any faster than preordering at your local TV place. The Good Guys date is actually 3 weeks earlier than the internet preorder. While that may have been a guess, it sounds like it's all coming out at once.
Speaking of remotes, I sure hope the remote for the HDTivo is as good as the the one I've had with the Phillips 6000. It's by far the best remote I've ever had, I can navigate in the dark as if it's an extension of my hand. Haven't seen a picture of the remote yet. Has anyone else?

POST #83 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

pkscout is offline Old Post 01-17-2004 08:24 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for pkscout Find more posts by pkscout Add pkscout to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
pkscout
TiVo Forum Special Member

quote:
Originally posted by Todd
Does this all mean that DirecTV won't be offering some special deals on the box for new customers? Or do we just not know at this point?

We just don't know. But the deal offered at the URL at the beginning means if you put down a $100 deposit the box will only cost $899 (they're giving a discount that matches your deposit, up to $100). And they will lower the price if their price drops, so that might include any new subscriber deals. Lastly, if the price goes up after you pay pre-order, you are locked at the $999 price. That's upward price protection but still an opportunity to save later.

It was worth it for me to just go ahead and order. I wasn't in the "maybe if it cost just a little less camp." I'm in the "I want it and I'll pay for it now."

POST #84 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

hongcho is offline Old Post 01-17-2004 08:25 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for hongcho Find more posts by hongcho Add hongcho to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
hongcho

> Haven't seen a picture of the remote yet. Has anyone else?

Just go to the FAQ thread, click on the HD250 spec sheets. A small picture was on either of them.

Hong.

POST #85 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

tomr is offline Old Post 01-17-2004 08:27 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for tomr Find more posts by tomr Add tomr to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tomr
HDTivo and love'n it

I know GG is saying 3/15 but I have to believe that Valuelectronics is pretty positive it won't be untill April since he makes this statement:

5. All orders are final and I will refund 100% of the money, upon request, only if you can purchase the HD-DVR250 anywhere else sooner than I can ship.

POST #86 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

dswallow is offline Old Post 01-17-2004 08:30 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for dswallow Visit dswallow's homepage! Find more posts by dswallow Add dswallow to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dswallow
+258PC

Anyone gambling they'll be hard to get and could be sold on EBay for $1,200 or more once you have some?

TiVo Community Forum Member Posting Statistics (updated daily)
List your local digital television broadcast stations by direction/distance
AVSForum Local HDTV Info & Reception index by DMA/City

POST #87 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

rogo is offline Old Post 01-17-2004 08:31 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for rogo Find more posts by rogo Add rogo to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rogo
Advanced Member

quote:
Originally posted by tomr
I wanna know WHO WAS FIRST?

Not sure, but I did help Robert troubleshoot the shopping cart.....

POST #88 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

dlott is offline Old Post 01-17-2004 08:31 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for dlott Find more posts by dlott Add dlott to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dlott

Thanks alot!!!! I'm in with next day shipment. Now the countdown really gets serious.

Samsung SIR-S4040R TiVo
Harmony 659 Remote

Last edited by dlott on 03-03-2004 at 12:01 PM

POST #89 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

pkscout is offline Old Post 01-17-2004 08:35 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for pkscout Find more posts by pkscout Add pkscout to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
pkscout
TiVo Forum Special Member

quote:
Originally posted by dswallow
Anyone gambling they'll be hard to get and could be sold on EBay for $1,200 or more once you have some?

Not me. I want one, and I want other folks to have one too. I'm just generous that way.

One per customer please.

POST #90 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

tomr is offline Old Post 01-17-2004 08:42 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for tomr Find more posts by tomr Add tomr to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tomr
HDTivo and love'n it

quote:
Originally posted by rogo
Not sure, but I did help Robert troubleshoot the shopping cart.....

Now, during your "testing" you didn't happen to take advantage of any pricing/quantity errors did you?

POST #91 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

MrBigglesworth is offline Old Post 01-17-2004 09:06 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for MrBigglesworth Find more posts by MrBigglesworth Add MrBigglesworth to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MrBigglesworth
Tivo Addict

So what is a guy to do who has no HDTV Monitor to even pair something like this up with?

Sigh, anyway, if all goes well, I will crossover from my 27inch POS to 56 inches or better of HDTV love by the end of the year. And I will definitely add one of these bad boys to service it.

POST #92 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Stuigi is offline Old Post 01-17-2004 09:41 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Stuigi Visit Stuigi's homepage! Find more posts by Stuigi Add Stuigi to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Stuigi

you you you...

...you guys forced my hand. $100.00 to the man with the HDTivo offer

POST #93 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

paulj is offline Old Post 01-17-2004 10:23 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for paulj Find more posts by paulj Add paulj to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
paulj
bit pusher

pre-ordered at Good Guys

I just pre-ordered at Good Guys. I'm #10 in the country. They've been told not to tell people that they can pre-order, but if you ask they'll take your order. My guess is that Good Guys would receive a decent portion of the first shipment given their sales volume.

paul

POST #94 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

AV8NDV8 is offline Old Post 01-17-2004 10:49 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for AV8NDV8 Visit AV8NDV8's homepage! Find more posts by AV8NDV8 Add AV8NDV8 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
AV8NDV8
Cross Member

Dammit! Now I'm broke again. I promised myself no more UMF 'til May but if I sell my Zenith 520 for $400 and my S1 DTiVo for $200... and if I can sell my Panasonic DVD player sitting on the subwoofer for $75 and get another $25 for that SVideo switch box, I'll only be out $200 for my new toy.....

Works for me.........

POST #95 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

willjob is offline Old Post 01-17-2004 11:07 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for willjob Find more posts by willjob Add willjob to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
willjob

Howdy.

I want to pre-order the HD-DVR250 but do not have service to dtv yet. What is the best way to sign up for service, get the HD-DVR250, and get the best deal on new service?

I will probably go with the TOTAL CHOICE PREMIER with Local Channels package.

Great forum! I look forward to your response and thanks in advance.

POST #96 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

EJ is offline Old Post 01-17-2004 11:38 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for EJ Visit EJ's homepage! Find more posts by EJ Add EJ to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
EJ

I did it...ever have the moment when you have the mouse over the "order" button...I actually closed the browser window without ordering....then I thought...4 tuners...bigger hard drive...I can sell my series 1 with the 120gig drive...sell my Samsung t-160...

Anyway, I opened my browser and ordered it. I can't wait!

POST #97 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

hoby is offline Old Post 01-17-2004 12:15 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for hoby Find more posts by hoby Add hoby to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
hoby
is a member

All I can say, is I got one of the first HDVR2 boxes from them, and it was a bad unit, they OVERNITED a replacement for SATURDAY delivery at their cost to me, and I was amazed at their great service! I spoke with him on the phone and all I can say, is he really cares about his customers, and that counts for something in this day and age of internet scammers and such. ValueElectronics doing this is a huge FAVOR to this board as far as I am concerned, and I just put down my $100 for my preorder!

POST #98 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

jdk is offline Old Post 01-17-2004 12:47 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for jdk Find more posts by jdk Add jdk to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jdk

quote:
Originally posted by tomr
I know GG is saying 3/15 but I have to believe that Valuelectronics is pretty positive it won't be untill April since he makes this statement:

5. All orders are final and I will refund 100% of the money, upon request, only if you can purchase the HD-DVR250 anywhere else sooner than I can ship.

So far, I believe Robert has proven to be an upstanding supplier. I didn't buy an HDVR2 at its first shipment, but I remember a lot of disappointment and anger in the forums over missed dates and shipments from 'other' online and B&M locations. But a new company literally appeared in the middle of this - value electronics - that was able to deliver upon its promises. So far I haven't come across any negative feedback about his company in these forums. (if someone recalls otherwise, please chime in).

Anyway, With this track record, I'm much more inclined to believe Robert's 1st person report that Hughes will start shipping on March 26th vs. Goodguys' computer reports of 3/15.

But hey - Robert's such a nice guy - you can put your order into both places, and he won't penalize you if you're able to get it 1st from somewhere else.

(disclaimer - I have no personal, professional or economic connection to Value Electronics. In fact, I've actually never been a customer with them, but expect to be one with one of the 1st shipments of the HD-DVR250)

POST #99 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

aaron.s is offline Old Post 01-17-2004 07:10 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for aaron.s Find more posts by aaron.s Add aaron.s to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
aaron.s
Technocub

Happy Camper

Thanks for this thread guys!

I'm in too... Had sent Robert a PM several days ago about a pre-order but he didn't get it.... so thanks for this link.

The BEST part about all of this?..... I live 5 minutes away from his store!!! I'll be able to pick mine up as soon as he gets his shipment. He say's he should be getting all 300 in at once!

Looks like I'll have mine up and running the same day! The wires are all ready to be plugged out of my old SAT-T60 and into the HD-DVR250!

Aaron

POST #100 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged