TiVo Community Forum Archive 1
READ ONLY ARCHIVES

Welcome to the TiVo Community Forum Archive
This archive covers threads on TiVo Community Forum that have not been posted to from the start until June 30, 2004.  Any thread that has a post made to it between 7/1/04 and 12/31/05, that had not been posted to, will be found in Archive 2.
This is a READ ONLY site.

Search | ARCHIVE 2 | MAIN SITE

TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.8 TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo
>>> HMO for $79.00! <<<

Pages (2): [1] 2 Next »  
Forum Jump:
Search this Thread:
Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread ---> Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
rollout is offline Old Post 01-22-2004 08:22 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for rollout Find more posts by rollout Add rollout to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rollout
30-second skipper

Talking HMO for $79.00!

YEAH BABY! I AM IN! Just got an email from TIVO.

If you had the FREE Trial, if you sign up before 1/31, you get a $20 credit on the regular price of $99.

POST #1 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

rollout is offline Old Post 01-22-2004 08:30 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for rollout Find more posts by rollout Add rollout to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rollout
30-second skipper

http://www.tivo.com/4.9.jan.asp

POST #2 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

HDTiVo is offline Old Post 01-22-2004 08:34 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for HDTiVo Find more posts by HDTiVo Add HDTiVo to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
HDTiVo
Not so Senior Member

The rules mention you must access the service via broadband:

"Offer ends 1/31/04 and is available only for TiVoŽ Series2TM subscribers who are participating in the current Free Trial, are accessing TiVo service through broadband connection..."

Do they really mean that if you connect via dialup you can't get this discount? Why & how?

I don't have ANY of the problems mentioned in this Forum.

POST #3 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Fredzep is offline Old Post 01-22-2004 09:54 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Fredzep Visit Fredzep's homepage! Find more posts by Fredzep Add Fredzep to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Fredzep

Its still not $59, but I think I am going to bite the bullet.

XBox - Evoxed!
PS2

POST #4 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

rexdart is offline Old Post 01-22-2004 09:59 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for rexdart Find more posts by rexdart Add rexdart to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rexdart
Eskimo Spy!

Can you queue music files up while others are playing yet? This ridiculous oversight is the reason I bailed on the 1 month trial last spring.

Only one unit, don't watch pictures on my TV that do not move, and remote scheduling has nothing to do with the other options (thematically) and really should be offered by itself. These reasons together kept me from biting at $59.

Limited music playing and remote scheduling just weren't worth it to me.

Bah, I'm bitching again, sorry.

Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit drinking.

POST #5 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

HDTiVo is offline Old Post 01-22-2004 11:45 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for HDTiVo Find more posts by HDTiVo Add HDTiVo to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
HDTiVo
Not so Senior Member

HMO hasn't changed on iota from last year.

POST #6 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

W Auggie H is offline Old Post 01-22-2004 06:25 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for W Auggie H Visit W Auggie H's homepage! Find more posts by W Auggie H Add W Auggie H to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
W Auggie H
Tivo Enthusiast

quote:
Originally posted by HDTiVo
HMO hasn't changed on iota from last year.

Have you tried JavaHMO....

Also, there will be changes this year, get in now.

Humax DRT800 DVD-R/TiVo(80hr) - networked w/ D-Link DUB-E100 (Ethernet)
TiVo Series2(80hr) - networked w/ D-Link DUB-E100 (Ethernet)
Philips 30PW850H 30" Widescreen HDTV

POST #7 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

W Auggie H is offline Old Post 01-22-2004 06:34 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for W Auggie H Visit W Auggie H's homepage! Find more posts by W Auggie H Add W Auggie H to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
W Auggie H
Tivo Enthusiast

quote:
Originally posted by Fredzep
Its still not $59, but I think I am going to bite the bullet.

It is by far the least expensive option out there for this type of functionality. If you try to buy a standalone box to do music and photos it will cost you well over 100 or more like 250 for wireless.

I waited for the price to drop and it did. Now I am going to buy. Done.

Humax DRT800 DVD-R/TiVo(80hr) - networked w/ D-Link DUB-E100 (Ethernet)
TiVo Series2(80hr) - networked w/ D-Link DUB-E100 (Ethernet)
Philips 30PW850H 30" Widescreen HDTV

POST #8 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

DonRoeber is offline Old Post 01-22-2004 08:52 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for DonRoeber Visit DonRoeber's homepage! Find more posts by DonRoeber Add DonRoeber to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
DonRoeber

Works for me! I'm happy with the HMO, and like W Auggie H said, it's substantially cheaper than other devices, and the ones of those I was considering don't support pictures.

It was an easy sell too; I left my wife home alone last Saturday with the Tivo and the HMO free trial. She was listening to music all day without having to rummage through the CD cabinet.

POST #9 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

HDTiVo is offline Old Post 01-22-2004 09:18 PM
HDTiVo
Not so Senior Member

I missed the posts about how TiVo developed JavaHMO and is bundling it with HMO...I'll do a search.

I did try JavaHMO and it would not install on my PC. Don't know why, but I am bummed.

I may buy because I enjoy what it can do. However I find it disappointing that its features are so limited, that it is still on v1.0, etc. If I could get JavaHMO working that would put me solidly in the buy camp.

Note to TiVo - the more value you put in the product for the price, the more sales you are gonna get.

POST #10 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Daurkin is offline Old Post 01-22-2004 09:25 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Daurkin Find more posts by Daurkin Add Daurkin to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Daurkin

If HMO is on the unit like any software application and HMO hasn't changed for the past year. What about HMO upgrades? If HMO 2.0 is released to match competitors features, would we need to pay again?

That would suck if the HMO preview and sale price is just to get a rush of sales and then release the next version at full price. I've seen this done by other software companies.

POST #11 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

rsnaider is offline Old Post 01-22-2004 10:03 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for rsnaider Find more posts by rsnaider Add rsnaider to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rsnaider
TiVo Forum Special Member

I can only hope and assume that once you have paid for this feature, any enhancements should be free.

That being said, TiVo ToGo will most likely require and additional fee for the USB Dongle and software.

At this point it is anyones guess as to what this fee actually includes (todays version only or some bug fixes and features improvements).

TiVo | SERlES2 - 302 Hrs
TiVo | SONY SVR3000 - 273 Hrs

POST #12 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

javahmo is offline Old Post 01-22-2004 10:24 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for javahmo Visit javahmo's homepage! Find more posts by javahmo Add javahmo to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
javahmo
Advanced Member

quote:
Originally posted by HDTiVo
I missed the posts about how TiVo developed JavaHMO and is bundling it with HMO...I'll do a search.

TiVo did not develop JavaHMO. JavaHMO is an independent open source project. I am not aware of any plans by TiVo to bundle JavaHMO.

Subscribers of HMO can decide to replace the TiVo desktop software with JavaHMO since it complies with the published standards of the HMO protocol.

POST #13 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

rldunn is offline Old Post 01-22-2004 11:17 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for rldunn Find more posts by rldunn Add rldunn to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rldunn

quote:
Originally posted by javahmo
TiVo did not develop JavaHMO. JavaHMO is an independent open source project. I am not aware of any plans by TiVo to bundle JavaHMO.

Subscribers of HMO can decide to replace the TiVo desktop software with JavaHMO since it complies with the published standards of the HMO protocol.

Not to speak for hdtivo, but I believe the wink implied that he was being sarcastic, in that Tivo the company didn't make the improvements to HMO, if it weren't for a user (specifically, you - thanks again!!), it would be no better today than a year ago.

POST #14 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

HDTiVo is offline Old Post 01-22-2004 11:24 PM
HDTiVo
Not so Senior Member

Go ahead and speak for me if you are going to be so articulate and accurate.

POST #15 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

rollout is offline Old Post 01-23-2004 04:16 AM
rollout
30-second skipper

As stated on TiVo Central today:

"2004 promises to deliver ground breaking new capabilities for HMO, like the ability to burn shows directly to DVD through your PC. Connecting your TiVo PVR to your home network today will bring you the more digital entertainment options in the future".

That said, an earlier press release on TiVo-to-go indicated that the key and software would cost extra.

POST #16 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

George R is offline Old Post 01-23-2004 06:27 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for George R Find more posts by George R Add George R to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
George R

My group is worng on someng bifor HMO. It's beegreat in the testing staes. Sme web browser, play music and viw picture at the same time, abity to play .mov, .avi, etc files, plusll of the java features. You will be able to sen your prams to your friends Tivo ndau iue iiop toppoi feop webbdedlo fiu ap9 fop qw-0 -9wf Q

WERPF [P

POST #17 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

rexdart is offline Old Post 01-23-2004 11:10 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for rexdart Find more posts by rexdart Add rexdart to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rexdart
Eskimo Spy!

Dude, move your fingers one key to the right (or left, or something)!

Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit drinking.

POST #18 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

geraldgrogan is offline Old Post 01-23-2004 12:39 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for geraldgrogan Find more posts by geraldgrogan Add geraldgrogan to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
geraldgrogan

TIVO HMO trial activation

I selected the option to request that I get the trail to HMO. how come I never got the new menu options on my TIVO series2 DVR? I have it all hooked up to my lan with the TIVO desktop application all installed and ready. I even see that the boxes each have IP addresses and the desktop application can see the DVR. What happened to my free trial that was supposed to be turned on some time around 01/13/2004.

Any clues what went wrong?

POST #19 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Daurkin is offline Old Post 01-23-2004 09:34 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Daurkin Find more posts by Daurkin Add Daurkin to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Daurkin

You may want to call them. But it looks like you missed out.

POST #20 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged