TiVo Community Forum Archive 1
READ ONLY ARCHIVES

Welcome to the TiVo Community Forum Archive
This archive covers threads on TiVo Community Forum that have not been posted to from the start until June 30, 2004.  Any thread that has a post made to it between 7/1/04 and 12/31/05, that had not been posted to, will be found in Archive 2.
This is a READ ONLY site.

Search | ARCHIVE 2 | MAIN SITE

TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.8 TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 > Main TiVo Forums > HDTV TiVo Powered PVRs
>>> The Official 'IS IT APRIL YET' Thread <<<

Pages (9): « First ... « Prev 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 Next »  
Forum Jump:
Search this Thread:
Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread ---> Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
chris_h is offline Old Post 03-11-2004 10:58 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for chris_h Find more posts by chris_h Add chris_h to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
chris_h

The good news and the bad news:

Good news: My HD-Tivo arrived yesterday!

Bad news: My wife can't tell the difference between an HD-Tivo and a box of 1000 feet of RG-6 Coax cable. To her credit, the part number on the box did start with "PVR." All I could say was "Hunny, don't tease me like that!"

POST #121 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Cudahy is offline Old Post 03-11-2004 11:30 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Cudahy Find more posts by Cudahy Add Cudahy to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Cudahy

Shouldn't this be called the "Is it March 22nd yet?" thread? At least for 200 of us.

POST #122 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

pkscout is offline Old Post 03-12-2004 04:32 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for pkscout Find more posts by pkscout Add pkscout to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
pkscout
TiVo Forum Special Member

quote:
Originally posted by chris_h
The good news and the bad news:

Good news: My HD-Tivo arrived yesterday!

Bad news: My wife can't tell the difference between an HD-Tivo and a box of 1000 feet of RG-6 Coax cable. To her credit, the part number on the box did start with "PVR." All I could say was "Hunny, don't tease me like that!"

Are you kidding? According to Doug's list in the pre-order thread, you're so far down the list you didn't even have a number. I'd like to believe you, really I would, 'cause that means mine must be in the mail then. Did you order a DTiVo when you ordered the HDTiVo? Maybe that's what that is.

edit: never mind. I re-read and see that you mean the PVR part number was the cable. Now you're the one that's teasing.

POST #123 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

gem is offline Old Post 03-12-2004 08:43 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for gem Find more posts by gem Add gem to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
gem

Countdown Timer

Countdown Timer
For those of you who want a countdown of the start of production.

http://www.lakesidevillas.com/html/TiVoCountdown.html

Another thing to help keep us busy while waiting for our units.

(1) HR10-250 (77/514 Hours)
(2) HDVR2's (144 and 141 Hours)
(1) SD-DVR40 (35 Hours)

Last edited by gem on 03-14-2004 at 06:17 AM

POST #124 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

midas is offline Old Post 03-14-2004 07:54 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for midas Find more posts by midas Add midas to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
midas

Well I'm finally convinced we're getting close. I've been holding off putting my HD receiver up on Ebay but I finally broke down and did it today. I'm sure I'll be without HD for a few weeks but I don't use it that much anyway.

POST #125 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

jrock is offline Old Post 03-14-2004 09:47 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for jrock Find more posts by jrock Add jrock to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jrock

Let us know how much you get for the receiver on Ebay. I want to sell mine when the HD TiVo comes but I can't do it before I am watching 3 series in HD now.

Odyssey 5
The Sopranos
The L Word

I have been itching for a new toy so much I couldn't wait for the HD TiVo to be the next one any longer and bought a CyberHome 7" portable DVD Player today for when it get's slow at work

-Joe

POST #126 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

midas is offline Old Post 03-14-2004 05:23 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for midas Find more posts by midas Add midas to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
midas

I've been watching the auctions on this model for about 3 weeks. The lowest I've seen one go for was about $280 with most right around $300. But a few have gone as high as $400. So I'll be curious myself.

The only thing I've been watching in HD is The Sopranos. I'm going to miss that. I'll also be depressed if the HDTivo doesn't get here in time for the Masters and the start of the baseball season.

POST #127 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

sfoguy1 is offline Old Post 03-14-2004 07:17 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for sfoguy1 Find more posts by sfoguy1 Add sfoguy1 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sfoguy1

I will also need to sell my DTC-100 at some point and have been monitoring the trading for this item on ebay. I've noticed that some sellers of the used units are including access cards, which I believe is a no no. I'm just curious why someone would do that if they're going to need a card for their new unit. Am I missing something obvious?

TV: Sony KW-34HD1
DVD: Sony DVP-NC665P/S
STB: DirecTV HR10-250 HD DVR
VCR: Sony SLV-M91HF
HT: Bose Lifestyle 30 Series 2 System (5-channel audio)

POST #128 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

jrock is offline Old Post 03-14-2004 07:36 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for jrock Find more posts by jrock Add jrock to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jrock

From what I have heard the card is married to the unit so when I sell mine the card will go with it. When I bought the receivers they all came with the cards in them so its part of the receiver as far as I am concerned. Just deactivate it before you send it out and when they get it they will need to add it to there account. I have de activated and reactivated access cards on my account so it can be done.

-Joe

POST #129 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

dave3 is offline Old Post 03-14-2004 07:42 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for dave3 Find more posts by dave3 Add dave3 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dave3
2 yr old twins, help

if you sell a dtc-100 with the 'hu card' it is valuable to the hacker crowd, since I think this is the only HD receiver that they can use to get free HDTV.

When I sold my dtc-100 I threw in the 'HU card' that came with the receiver and I got $470 for it verses $300 for most others.

BTW this is the official WHINNING thread so that we can complain that april is not here yet, neither is my HDTIVO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! No one will make fun of you for whinning in this thread.

I WANT MY HDTIVO NOW, Tony Soprona looks thinner in HD!!!!!

dave

POST #130 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

jrock is offline Old Post 03-14-2004 07:51 PM
jrock

I really want it to be April also! Thank goodness Showtime and HBO air the show's a second and third time. I missed Sopranos on the first Sunday airing and missed The L Word once last month on a Sunday then last week I missed Odyssey 5 because I was out to late or just forgot. It will be so much nicer when April is here and my HDTiVo comes!!

-Joe

POST #131 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

midas is offline Old Post 03-14-2004 10:21 PM
midas

I'm selling mine with the card included. Seemed like all the ones I was seeing included the card.

POST #132 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

sfoguy1 is offline Old Post 03-14-2004 10:37 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for sfoguy1 Find more posts by sfoguy1 Add sfoguy1 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sfoguy1

Looks like selling the receiver w/ the card is the way to go.

Thanks to all...

TV: Sony KW-34HD1
DVD: Sony DVP-NC665P/S
STB: DirecTV HR10-250 HD DVR
VCR: Sony SLV-M91HF
HT: Bose Lifestyle 30 Series 2 System (5-channel audio)

POST #133 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

cheridave is offline Old Post 03-14-2004 11:08 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for cheridave Find more posts by cheridave Add cheridave to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
cheridave
"PT Cruisers-R-Cool"

I'm starting to feel "GIDDY"- today it March 14, only 8 more days till Production starts.

Dave

POST #134 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

jarredduq is offline Old Post 03-14-2004 11:36 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for jarredduq Visit jarredduq's homepage! Find more posts by jarredduq Add jarredduq to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jarredduq

I got $426 for my Hughes HTL-HD. Before selling it I made sure it was okay with DirecTV to include the card. They said as long as I deactivated it before selling it, there would be no problem.

I'm glad I sold it, because I heard that Circuit City was going to start selling them for $299 this week.

POST #135 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

midas is offline Old Post 03-15-2004 03:54 AM
midas

Some moron just emailed me asking if I'd ship to Canada. I stated in my auction shipping to CONTINENTAL U.S. only. And there are identical units offered right now that state they will ship to Canada. Why do people do this kind of stuff? Now I have to feel like a jerk for telling the guy no.

Sorry, just had to rant a little.

POST #136 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

SteveHoltam is offline Old Post 03-15-2004 10:16 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for SteveHoltam Find more posts by SteveHoltam Add SteveHoltam to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
SteveHoltam

On ebay you can sell IRD's with cards, but not cards alone. Thats the policy.

Oh yeah, is it HD Tivo time???

POST #137 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Kevin L is offline Old Post 03-15-2004 07:48 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Kevin L Find more posts by Kevin L Add Kevin L to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Kevin L

quote:
Originally posted by midas
Some moron just emailed me asking if I'd ship to Canada. I stated in my auction shipping to CONTINENTAL U.S. only. And there are identical units offered right now that state they will ship to Canada. Why do people do this kind of stuff? Now I have to feel like a jerk for telling the guy no.

Sorry, just had to rant a little.

I state a number of conditions in my ads on eBay. When someone writes to me to ask me to do something that I say I won't (like end an auction early), I just ignore the e-mail and delete it.

POST #138 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

mercurial is offline Old Post 03-15-2004 10:32 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for mercurial Visit mercurial's homepage! Find more posts by mercurial Add mercurial to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mercurial
Not-So-New Member

Bah... Is it 2005 yet?

Ok... So let's see, things I've been/will be waiting for this year:

-Get new HDTV (done in January)
-Get new Home Theater speakers (done in January)
-Get lot to build new home and sign contract (done this past weekend)
-Get NCSU Alumni license plates (VA says they're shipping now, should be here in a week or two)
-Get HD TiVo (should be here in a few weeks)
-Sale current house and hopefully get lease-back so we don't have to go in storage for a couple of months (should happen in August/early September)
-Move into new house (should happen in November)
-Build deck on new house (should happen in December/January)

and <drum roll please>

-Our second child (due September 23)

As a person who hates waiting and used to surgically open his Christmas presents and reseal them because I couldn't stand the anticipation, this year is going to kill me. Maybe I can be cryogenically frozen and reanimated in January?

DirecTV HR10-250 w/ 30 HD hours.

POST #139 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Kevin L is offline Old Post 03-15-2004 11:30 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Kevin L Find more posts by Kevin L Add Kevin L to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Kevin L

Re: Bah... Is it 2005 yet?

quote:
Originally posted by mercurial

As a person who hates waiting and used to surgically open his Christmas presents and reseal them because I couldn't stand the anticipation, this year is going to kill me. Maybe I can be cryogenically frozen and reanimated in January?

Congrats on all the upcoming events!

If you're going to go into stasis until January, though, can I have your spot on the pre-order line?

POST #140 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged