TiVo Community Forum Archive 1
READ ONLY ARCHIVES

Welcome to the TiVo Community Forum Archive
This archive covers threads on TiVo Community Forum that have not been posted to from the start until June 30, 2004.  Any thread that has a post made to it between 7/1/04 and 12/31/05, that had not been posted to, will be found in Archive 2.
This is a READ ONLY site.

Search | ARCHIVE 2 | MAIN SITE

TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.8 TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 > Main TiVo Forums > HDTV TiVo Powered PVRs
>>> The Official 'IS IT APRIL YET' Thread <<<

Pages (9): « First ... « Prev 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 Next » ... Last »  
Forum Jump:
Search this Thread:
Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread ---> Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
ebonovic is offline Old Post 02-24-2004 09:42 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for ebonovic Find more posts by ebonovic Add ebonovic to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ebonovic
TiVo Forum Special Member

quote:
Originally posted by dave3
Ok everyone, follow me, click your heals three times and repeat after me,

"THere is no time like april, There is no time like april..."

I just did an ebay search, and I can't find a pair of ruby slippers in a Men's size 11..... Just trying to look for a reason why the above didn't work for me

Wait... why did I say I wanted a pair of ruby slippers... [sound] closet closing very quickly [/sound]

Earl

POST #81 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

mercurial is offline Old Post 02-24-2004 09:48 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for mercurial Visit mercurial's homepage! Find more posts by mercurial Add mercurial to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mercurial
Not-So-New Member

I have a cure for "Isitaprilitis"!

I've found a cure. We've decided to build a new house and the builder we want in the development we want only releases 4 lots per month. So now we're waiting until March to get a lot! Sure will keep my mind off my HD TiVo pre-order until sometime after that!

<sigh>

Is it March?
Is it April?
Is it March?
Is it April?
Is it March?
Is it April?
Is it March?
Is it April?
Is it March?
Is it April?
Is it March?
Is it April?

DirecTV HR10-250 w/ 30 HD hours.

POST #82 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

beardad is offline Old Post 02-24-2004 10:10 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for beardad Find more posts by beardad Add beardad to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
beardad

Has anyone pre-ordered though Value Eectronics? I am familiar with American Satellite and Orbisat. I'm not sure I want to give a $100.00 to someone with a promise of getting shipment if the stock is not available to the seller. Any off line opinions would be appreciated.

Rick Gauthier
gauthierbulk@swbell.net

POST #83 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

btwyx is offline Old Post 02-24-2004 10:20 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for btwyx Find more posts by btwyx Add btwyx to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
btwyx

quote:
Originally posted by beardad
Has anyone pre-ordered though Value Eectronics?
Content is not allowed in this thread. Look for the "pre-order..." thread. I asked the same question, but only after giving them $100.

POST #84 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Morg111 is offline Old Post 02-24-2004 10:24 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Morg111 Find more posts by Morg111 Add Morg111 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Morg111

5 bucks says it doesn't come out till the middle of April.

POST #85 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

beardad is offline Old Post 02-24-2004 10:28 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for beardad Find more posts by beardad Add beardad to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
beardad

Wink

APril 1st !!! This will the be the equivilant of an Electronics April Fools Joke...

POST #86 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

SteveHoltam is offline Old Post 02-24-2004 10:37 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for SteveHoltam Find more posts by SteveHoltam Add SteveHoltam to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
SteveHoltam

I had a dream last night that it was April :-(

Steve

POST #87 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Morg111 is offline Old Post 02-24-2004 10:47 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Morg111 Find more posts by Morg111 Add Morg111 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Morg111

You'll know, with the amount of people pre-odering, these guys might not be getting enough units in the first shipment.....? Thus...........May!

M.

POST #88 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Oknarf is offline Old Post 02-24-2004 11:52 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Oknarf Visit Oknarf's homepage! Find more posts by Oknarf Add Oknarf to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Oknarf

Wink

quote:
Originally posted by Morg111
.....? Thus...........May!

That Eric Shanks works quickly. April is already May now? Does that mean that April is now May or that May will now be called April or both? In which case the initial pre-orders would actually ship ahead of April, in May. Right?

FrankO

Is it April yet?

?
Hughes HTL-HD Receiver
DSR708
DSR708
HDVR2
DSR6000R01

POST #89 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Morg111 is offline Old Post 02-25-2004 12:18 AM
Morg111

quote:
That Eric Shanks works quickly. April is already May now? Does that mean that April is now May or that May will now be called April or both? In which case the initial pre-orders would actually ship ahead of April, in May. Right?

Huh? I'm confused.

POST #90 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Hootydog is offline Old Post 02-25-2004 12:50 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Hootydog Find more posts by Hootydog Add Hootydog to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Hootydog

quote:
Originally posted by Oknarf

FrankO
Is it April yet?

Gotta tell ya this exchange is not helping me calmly wait at all.

God... Grant me patience and give it to me NOW!

POST #91 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

ebonovic is offline Old Post 02-25-2004 01:13 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for ebonovic Find more posts by ebonovic Add ebonovic to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ebonovic

quote:
Originally posted by Hootydog
Gotta tell ya this exchange is not helping me calmly wait at all.

God... Grant me patience and give it to me NOW!

god just called, patience is on backorder and you will have to wait till June...

Earl

POST #92 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

hongcho is offline Old Post 02-25-2004 01:38 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for hongcho Find more posts by hongcho Add hongcho to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
hongcho

Maybe, they should "downrez" April to March.

Hong.

POST #93 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Morg111 is offline Old Post 02-25-2004 02:00 AM
Morg111

********Not to worry about ship date***(thank god)*******. I just read in Scientific American that,.... are you all ready for this; a huge solar flare (largest ever in recorded history) will be emitted sometime in the coming weeks. After calling Directv they informed me they were aware of the potentially catastrophic event and expect significant damage to their satellites. I was however offered good news, they expect to be back online after the event by no later than May 15th.

POST #94 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

BruceL is offline Old Post 02-25-2004 02:55 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for BruceL Find more posts by BruceL Add BruceL to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
BruceL

"I've got pieces of April, I keep them in memory bouquet"

Bruce

POST #95 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

midas is offline Old Post 02-25-2004 03:26 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for midas Find more posts by midas Add midas to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
midas

As T.S. Eliot said, "April is the cruelest month"

POST #96 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

dave3 is offline Old Post 02-25-2004 04:46 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for dave3 Find more posts by dave3 Add dave3 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dave3
2 yr old twins, help

APRIL SHOWERS BRING ME FLOWERS WHAT DO MAY FLOWERS BRING ME, HDTIVO!!!!!!!!!!!!

That is if you have not already preordered.

Value electronics has already filled up his first shipment of hdtvio's with preorders. Anyone Pre ordering now will get it twords the end of april.

BTW Ebonovic, ruby slippers are available here:

http://www.centuryinshoes.com/special/special_ruby.html

POST #97 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

ebonovic is offline Old Post 02-25-2004 09:32 AM
ebonovic

quote:
Originally posted by dave3

BTW Ebonovic, ruby slippers are available here:

http://www.centuryinshoes.com/special/special_ruby.html

Thank you for the link.... I am not sure if I want to know why you knew where to find such high quality ones...

Earl

POST #98 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Hootydog is offline Old Post 02-25-2004 10:36 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Hootydog Find more posts by Hootydog Add Hootydog to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Hootydog

April Fools...

All of us!

POST #99 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

btwyx is offline Old Post 02-28-2004 12:30 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for btwyx Find more posts by btwyx Add btwyx to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
btwyx

I just had a thought this morning: Its almost March!

April is just the month after march, so its almost April.

Today is actually the last working day of February, which is good enough for "almost" March to me. They had to do this in a leap year so its a whole extra day further away though.

POST #100 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged