TiVo Community Forum Archive 1
READ ONLY ARCHIVES

Welcome to the TiVo Community Forum Archive
This archive covers threads on TiVo Community Forum that have not been posted to from the start until June 30, 2004.  Any thread that has a post made to it between 7/1/04 and 12/31/05, that had not been posted to, will be found in Archive 2.
This is a READ ONLY site.

Search | ARCHIVE 2 | MAIN SITE

TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.8 TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 > Main TiVo Forums > HDTV TiVo Powered PVRs
>>> $99 HD deal now 10+ days backordered? <<<

Pages (2): [1] 2 Next »  
Forum Jump:
Search this Thread:
Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread ---> Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
AbMagFab is offline Old Post 02-03-2004 06:45 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for AbMagFab Visit AbMagFab's homepage! Find more posts by AbMagFab Add AbMagFab to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
AbMagFab
I love my HD Tivo!!

$99 HD deal now 10+ days backordered?

I ordered mine last Thursday, called today to get a tracking number, and they told me it's on back-order and probably will be at least 10 days.

Anyone order one recently and get it, or get the same story? Just wondering how hard I should push them.

Thanks!

SD-DVR40 240GB with Linksys USB200M, TivoWeb, TyTool, tivoapp patches, caller-id, mfs_ftp (but no S1->S2)
HR10-250 HD DirecTivo, 500GB with LinkSys USB200M, TivoWebPlus, HDTyTool, tivoapp patches, caller-id, mfs-ftp

Click to see my useless thoughts...
DirecTV + Tivo is better than Cable, you're wrong if you don't agree.
People I won't do business with ever again: 1) Value Electronics

POST #1 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

snooplives is offline Old Post 02-03-2004 08:41 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for snooplives Find more posts by snooplives Add snooplives to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
snooplives
Fa-sizzle dizzle

I got mine in a week

I ordered mine about a week and a half ago, and it came this past thursday. The offer is really popular (mostly because of this board). Be patient, they'll get it to you.

POST #2 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

kosh is offline Old Post 02-03-2004 10:26 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for kosh Find more posts by kosh Add kosh to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
kosh

AbMagFab,
When you ordered did they give you an installation date? Did they have to re-schedule?
I ordered on Friday and am scheduled for installation this Friday.
I haven't got the equipment yet, but don't expect to until Wednesday or Thursday.

POST #3 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

bryanb is offline Old Post 02-04-2004 01:58 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for bryanb Find more posts by bryanb Add bryanb to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bryanb

I ordered last Monday and the installer brought the equipment on Saturday as planned.

B

POST #4 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

kosh is offline Old Post 02-04-2004 03:22 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for kosh Find more posts by kosh Add kosh to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
kosh

bryanb, I was under the impression they mailed the equipment to you so it would be there for the installer. Maybe they do it differently for different locations?

POST #5 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

dropper is offline Old Post 02-04-2004 04:32 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for dropper Find more posts by dropper Add dropper to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dropper
UTV Zealot

It depends on the location, and that is probably by the subcontractor. My installer had the unit, the dish and the antenna, so no deferred shipping cost.

Keith

1 105hr Sony SAT-W60 UltimateTV
1 40hr Sony SAT-W60 UltimateTV

POST #6 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

AbMagFab is offline Old Post 02-04-2004 06:09 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for AbMagFab Visit AbMagFab's homepage! Find more posts by AbMagFab Add AbMagFab to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
AbMagFab
I love my HD Tivo!!

They scheduled me for this Friday, but when I called for a tracking number, the woman said there was only a tracking number for the dish, and that the HD unit was backordered with no expected date. She said the backorders typically are 10 days. She told me to call on Thursday, and if it wasn't going to be delivered to me by Friday, she would reschedule.

I'm bummed. HD TV with no HD content to watch...

(And it's delivered to me with the installer coming later - not like I need the installer, and I'm already all wired and have a triple-dish.)

SD-DVR40 240GB with Linksys USB200M, TivoWeb, TyTool, tivoapp patches, caller-id, mfs_ftp (but no S1->S2)
HR10-250 HD DirecTivo, 500GB with LinkSys USB200M, TivoWebPlus, HDTyTool, tivoapp patches, caller-id, mfs-ftp

POST #7 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

utvnut is offline Old Post 02-04-2004 06:37 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for utvnut Find more posts by utvnut Add utvnut to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
utvnut

I have a new Hitachi 65S700 with built in HD tuner so have had HD locals for almost a month. I plan on getting the HD250 when it gets retail and ending my love affair with UTV (Sony and RCA) so my question is:

Do I go for a "retention deal" (5yr+ DTV customer) on a DirecTivo since I do not need an HD tuner, and if there is a deal, what price point and will they throw in a triple LNB dish and switch?

I have a dual LNB and a 5X8 multiswitch so I need to upgrade them both.

Thanks.

POST #8 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

dropper is offline Old Post 02-04-2004 11:19 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for dropper Find more posts by dropper Add dropper to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dropper
UTV Zealot

Just tell them you want the Phase III dish (say you want NASA and want to be able to get HiDef when the HDTivo's come out). Also, your 5x8 is all you need for the Phase III.

Keith

1 105hr Sony SAT-W60 UltimateTV
1 40hr Sony SAT-W60 UltimateTV

POST #9 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

rk is offline Old Post 02-05-2004 12:31 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for rk Find more posts by rk Add rk to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rk

I thought the new dishes (3 LNBs with HD capability) have multiswitches built-in. Am I correct? (So essentially there will be no need for additional multiswitches because the signal coming from the new dish is a combined signal from all three satellites.)

POST #10 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

dswallow is offline Old Post 02-05-2004 03:15 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for dswallow Visit dswallow's homepage! Find more posts by dswallow Add dswallow to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dswallow
+258PC

quote:
Originally posted by rk
I thought the new dishes (3 LNBs with HD capability) have multiswitches built-in. Am I correct? (So essentially there will be no need for additional multiswitches because the signal coming from the new dish is a combined signal from all three satellites.)
Yes they do have a 4x4 multiswitch built in, but if you need more than 4 connections to tuners, or want to combine an over-the-air antenna or cable signal in with the satellite signal to each receiver, then you might need/want to use an external multiswitch.

TiVo Community Forum Member Posting Statistics (updated daily)
List your local digital television broadcast stations by direction/distance
AVSForum Local HDTV Info & Reception index by DMA/City

POST #11 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

AbMagFab is offline Old Post 02-06-2004 08:33 AM
AbMagFab
I love my HD Tivo!!

Well, just got it. So it took one week (5 business days). I hooked it up, and it works!

Used a cheapo UHF antenna ($20 RCA) until my attic one comes in, and I get most of my HD locals OTA except 20 (no idea if 20 is even broadcasting in HD).

Last edited by AbMagFab on 02-06-2004 at 08:43 AM

POST #12 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

edward3132 is offline Old Post 02-06-2004 09:34 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for edward3132 Find more posts by edward3132 Add edward3132 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
edward3132

Good things come to those who wait.

There are several reports surfacing that DirecTV is now shipping the new Samsung TS360 instead of the 160. I wish I would have waited another week.

POST #13 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

kosh is offline Old Post 02-06-2004 09:45 AM
kosh

AbMagFab, they are sending the Phase III dishes right?

POST #14 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

AbMagFab is offline Old Post 02-06-2004 07:48 PM
AbMagFab
I love my HD Tivo!!

Yes, I got the TS360 and they shipped a 3 LNB dish. I already have a 3 LNB dish, so the new one is sitting in my basement.

POST #15 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

kosh is offline Old Post 02-07-2004 10:05 AM
kosh

Doh, I got the TS160 (not complaining though). What are the differences in these models? Couldn't find much information on them.

POST #16 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Sepen is offline Old Post 02-07-2004 10:34 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Sepen Find more posts by Sepen Add Sepen to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Sepen

I ordered on Tuesday and the dish and receiver showed up today. Will be installed on Monday. They sent the 360. What is so special about this other than it being new? Thanks.....

POST #17 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Gromit is offline Old Post 02-07-2004 08:26 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Gromit Find more posts by Gromit Add Gromit to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Gromit
TiVo Forum Special Member

There are details in the avsforum's HD forums, but off the top of my head... The 360 has an LCD display on the front, along with an LED that indicates the output resolution. The nicest thing I noticed were more stretch modes than the 165, including a panorama mode.

POST #18 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

k2ue is offline Old Post 02-08-2004 06:28 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for k2ue Find more posts by k2ue Add k2ue to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
k2ue

What remote to use?

Assuming I get the Samsung (installation in one week) what remote could I use that will also control a Tivo? I don't see Tivo listed in the Samsung remote programming as a known "VCR". I have my HDVR2 available on channel 4 thruout the house, and need to be able to view it from the room with the HD DirecTV box.

POST #19 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

BHC is offline Old Post 02-10-2004 11:40 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for BHC Find more posts by BHC Add BHC to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
BHC

I ordered the $99 deal today 2/9 and the install is scheduled for 2/16.

POST #20 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged