TiVo Community Forum Archive 1
READ ONLY ARCHIVES

Welcome to the TiVo Community Forum Archive
This archive covers threads on TiVo Community Forum that have not been posted to from the start until June 30, 2004.  Any thread that has a post made to it between 7/1/04 and 12/31/05, that had not been posted to, will be found in Archive 2.
This is a READ ONLY site.

Search | ARCHIVE 2 | MAIN SITE

TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.8 TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 > Main TiVo Forums > HDTV TiVo Powered PVRs
>>> $99 HD deal now 10+ days backordered? <<<

Pages (2): « Prev 1 [2]  
Forum Jump:
Search this Thread:
Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread ---> Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
BGLeduc is offline Old Post 02-10-2004 10:53 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for BGLeduc Find more posts by BGLeduc Add BGLeduc to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
BGLeduc

quote:
Yes, I got the TS360 and they shipped a 3 LNB dish. I already have a 3 LNB dish, so the new one is sitting in my basement.

Yup, didn't even know I was getting a new dish since I did tell the D*TV gal I already had a Phase III.

So, I turned around and sold it at the Home Theater Forum classified section. After shipping, I put $60 in my pocket. Cool.

FWIW, there are tons of these on e-bay, and they seem to go for about $35/$40. I didn't think there would be a market for 'em, but it sold in one day.

BGL

POST #21 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

anchulis is offline Old Post 02-11-2004 12:37 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for anchulis Find more posts by anchulis Add anchulis to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
anchulis

Can someone post the URL where these $99 deals are located?

POST #22 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

hongcho is offline Old Post 02-11-2004 01:45 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for hongcho Find more posts by hongcho Add hongcho to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
hongcho

I believe it's the same deal as the $399 one. If you have been with DirecTV for more than 2 years and if you call multiple times to find a CSR that understands, you can get the HD thingy for $99.

Hong.

POST #23 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Tom M is offline Old Post 02-11-2004 03:47 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Tom M Find more posts by Tom M Add Tom M to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Tom M

I have an RCA DTC-100 HD STB that is rather old now but still working. I don't need a DVI output yet. Would the TS360 be somehow better than my DTC-100? I do plan to get the HD Direct Tivo when it's available.

Thank you.

Last edited by Tom M on 02-11-2004 at 03:55 AM

POST #24 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

HUGE2U is offline Old Post 02-11-2004 07:32 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for HUGE2U Find more posts by HUGE2U Add HUGE2U to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
HUGE2U

Ordered today at 4:30, all the equipment will be hand delviered by the installer Thursday morning. I guess I get to watch ER in HD

POST #25 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

jbalfour is offline Old Post 02-11-2004 07:11 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for jbalfour Find more posts by jbalfour Add jbalfour to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jbalfour

quote:
Yup, didn't even know I was getting a new dish since I did tell the D*TV gal I already had a Phase III.

Same thing for me. They just send it automatically I guess.

Ordered the $99 deal last Thursday night, and the dish and receiver (TS360) arrived on Tuesday. Installer coming today to bring multiswitch.

POST #26 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

k2ue is offline Old Post 02-12-2004 08:48 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for k2ue Find more posts by k2ue Add k2ue to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
k2ue

The Samsung TS360 arrived today, so I installed and activated. Seems to receive nicely, but there are several minuses:

The remote has a cheesy, indefinite key feel.

Channel change time seems irregular, like it's fighting for CPU time, but could be the iffy keys.

None of the available channel banners have good contrast, and the fonts are ridiculously small (and hard to see) when viewed on the 480i output.

Need more time to decide if I'll keep it when the HD Tivo arrives. . .

POST #27 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

californiaTIVO is offline Old Post 02-12-2004 10:10 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for californiaTIVO Find more posts by californiaTIVO Add californiaTIVO to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
californiaTIVO

For the 99.00 deal do you have to pay the 399.99 up front. also do they accept 8 months on a current account plus 3 years on a previous account? I disconnected for a few months while i was in an apt building a house.

POST #28 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

kdonnel is offline Old Post 02-12-2004 10:26 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for kdonnel Visit kdonnel's homepage! Find more posts by kdonnel Add kdonnel to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
kdonnel
DVC-BCV

I just ordered the $99 deal today. My install is for the 20th but they are shipping the dish and receiver to me before hand.

http://www.kevinandjudy.com

POST #29 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

kdonnel is offline Old Post 02-12-2004 10:28 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for kdonnel Visit kdonnel's homepage! Find more posts by kdonnel Add kdonnel to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
kdonnel
DVC-BCV

quote:
Originally posted by californiaTIVO
For the 99.00 deal do you have to pay the 399.99 up front. also do they accept 8 months on a current account plus 3 years on a previous account? I disconnected for a few months while i was in an apt building a house.

In my case I paid the $429.59 upfront. They have already applied a credit of 330.59 to my DirecTV account.

I am not sure about your time question because I had at least 2 years since my last gap.

POST #30 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

yanner is offline Old Post 02-12-2004 11:31 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for yanner Find more posts by yanner Add yanner to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yanner

bummed

can not get a rep to give me the 99 dollar deal...no one has a clue there
about it
yanner

POST #31 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

AbMagFab is offline Old Post 02-12-2004 08:20 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for AbMagFab Visit AbMagFab's homepage! Find more posts by AbMagFab Add AbMagFab to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
AbMagFab
I love my HD Tivo!!

Just ask for the retention department. Remember you need to be an active customer for 2+ years and spend an average of at least $40+ a month for the 2+ years.

Also, there are a lot of problems with these new Samsung receivers and/or the new cards they are shipping. There's another thread on this board and the avs boards about it. Basically, the receiver loses access and gives you an "x745" error. This can happen overnight, or as frequently as every 15 minutes. No fix as of yet.

SD-DVR40 240GB with Linksys USB200M, TivoWeb, TyTool, tivoapp patches, caller-id, mfs_ftp (but no S1->S2)
HR10-250 HD DirecTivo, 500GB with LinkSys USB200M, TivoWebPlus, HDTyTool, tivoapp patches, caller-id, mfs-ftp

Click to see my useless thoughts...
DirecTV + Tivo is better than Cable, you're wrong if you don't agree.
People I won't do business with ever again: 1) Value Electronics

POST #32 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

whoodoggie is offline Old Post 02-14-2004 01:27 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for whoodoggie Find more posts by whoodoggie Add whoodoggie to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
whoodoggie

$99 HD deal

Just ordered it a few minutes ago....the "retention department" tip is key. No one else knows what youre talking about. By the way, if you are less than a 2 year subscriber, it is $100 more. And I don't remember if anyone posted this, but you pay up front for all this stuff (about $450 out the door) and then they give you a $350 service credit on your Dtv bill.....

Thanks for the info guys.......

POST #33 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

oldskoolboarder is offline Old Post 02-15-2004 02:12 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for oldskoolboarder Find more posts by oldskoolboarder Add oldskoolboarder to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
oldskoolboarder

What cables came w/ your HD Receivers?

I just ordered mine today. From what I gather on the specs, it looks like the Samsung 160 and 360 both support DVI and it comes w/ a DVI cable.

1) If a cable does come w/ it, how long is the cable? Just want to make sure so I have one that's at least 6'.

2) Want to confirm DVI because that means I need to order my Panny DVI blade this week.

3) Can anyone give me a reason why I need to run other signals (composite or component) if I am running DVI to my plasma? I want to know because if I need to run others besides DVI, I need to buy cables and I'd prefer to do one buy from BlueJeans.

4) If DVI cable is less than 6', any suggestions where to get a decent one?

Last edited by oldskoolboarder on 02-15-2004 at 02:22 PM

POST #34 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

kdonnel is offline Old Post 02-15-2004 07:10 PM
kdonnel
DVC-BCV

Re: What cables came w/ your HD Receivers?

quote:
Originally posted by oldskoolboarder
1) If a cable does come w/ it, how long is the cable? Just want to make sure so I have one that's at least 6'.

The included DVI cable is 6'
quote:

3) Can anyone give me a reason why I need to run other signals (composite or component) if I am running DVI to my plasma? I want to know because if I need to run others besides DVI, I need to buy cables and I'd prefer to do one buy from BlueJeans.

I can't give you a reason but they did also include composite and component cables. It seems to me if you are willing to use the included DVI cable why not use the included composite and component cables? They would all be the same level of quality.

POST #35 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

dswallow is offline Old Post 02-16-2004 12:08 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for dswallow Visit dswallow's homepage! Find more posts by dswallow Add dswallow to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dswallow
+258PC

Re: Re: What cables came w/ your HD Receivers?

quote:
Originally posted by kdonnel
I can't give you a reason but they did also include composite and component cables. It seems to me if you are willing to use the included DVI cable why not use the included composite and component cables? They would all be the same level of quality.
Not necessarily, for the DVI cable will be carrying a digital signal, so as long as the signal makes it to the connected device, you're good. But the composite and component cables are carrying analog signals so the cable can potentially make a difference in the signal being carried such that it would be a noticable effect.

Unlikely, IMO, but certainly within the realm of the possible.

TiVo Community Forum Member Posting Statistics (updated daily)
List your local digital television broadcast stations by direction/distance
AVSForum Local HDTV Info & Reception index by DMA/City

POST #36 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

oldskoolboarder is offline Old Post 02-16-2004 08:18 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for oldskoolboarder Find more posts by oldskoolboarder Add oldskoolboarder to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
oldskoolboarder

One of the reasons I only want to run video source cable is because the HD DirecTV receiver is temporary until HD DirecTivo. This temporary box won't fit in my a/v rack so it's going to be off to the side. I'd prefer to keep the number cables to the main rack to a minimum. If DVI will suffice, I can run DVI to my plasma and digital audio to the A/V receiver.

POST #37 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged