TiVo Community Forum Archive 1
READ ONLY ARCHIVES

Welcome to the TiVo Community Forum Archive
This archive covers threads on TiVo Community Forum that have not been posted to from the start until June 30, 2004.  Any thread that has a post made to it between 7/1/04 and 12/31/05, that had not been posted to, will be found in Archive 2.
This is a READ ONLY site.

Search | ARCHIVE 2 | MAIN SITE

TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.8 TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 > Main TiVo Forums > DIRECTV Receiver with TiVo
>>> "last videotape" from UltimateTV <<<

Forum Jump:
Search this Thread:
Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread ---> Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Old Post 05-31-2001 03:17 AM
Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
clyden

Talking "last videotape" from UltimateTV

I just received a videotape ad for UltimateTV. The box reads "This may be the last videotape you'll ever watch". Of course, my VCR was retired last year when DirecTiVo arrived -- so it's a videotape I'll never watch :-) Other marketing phrases on the box: "see what U can do", "Television is about to change".

POST #1 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

TWPaulus is offline Old Post 05-31-2001 12:10 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for TWPaulus Find more posts by TWPaulus Add TWPaulus to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TWPaulus
TiVo Forum Special Member

Talking

UTV is not going after D'tivo user they are going after the vcr market that doesn't know about Tivo. I don't think there many d'tivo user who replaced their d'tivo with a UTV.. Yes there are some like me who got the utv additionally to the d'tivo. Me I crazy and I like trying out new toys.

We all know that UTV can't campaire to d'tivo feature as a PTV but UTV is a DVR with PIP and webtv. I think the vcr market will understand the DVR of UTV and it the vcr market they hope to win and sending a tape to as many people is a good ides for them. I sure they would have love to know you had a d'tivo for that would have saved them some mony.

------------------
Tom Paulus
a TV nut that's hard to crack.

POST #2 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 06-01-2001 06:52 AM
Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bigbadbuccidaddy

Talking

I just got it too. Has anyone watched it yet?

POST #3 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

TiMo is offline Old Post 06-01-2001 12:52 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for TiMo Find more posts by TiMo Add TiMo to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TiMo

Talking

I admit, I watched the video ... but only out of morbid curiosity. It was a good marketing pitch for the PVR technology in general. It wasn't very strong on the WebTV crud - mostly about how PVR's (UTV in this case) make your life, and your family's life, much easier. The dual tuner option is at the center of the message.

I tossed the tape and watched some old episodes of Quantum Leap on my DirecTiVo. Ahhh...

TiMo

------------------
DirecTV since 9/1997
DirecTiVo since 3/2001

POST #4 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged