TiVo Community Forum Archive 1
READ ONLY ARCHIVES

Welcome to the TiVo Community Forum Archive
This archive covers threads on TiVo Community Forum that have not been posted to from the start until June 30, 2004.  Any thread that has a post made to it between 7/1/04 and 12/31/05, that had not been posted to, will be found in Archive 2.
This is a READ ONLY site.

Search | ARCHIVE 2 | MAIN SITE

TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.8 TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 > Main TiVo Forums > DIRECTV Receiver with TiVo
>>> "Auto-Record Wish List," Doesn't <<<

Forum Jump:
Search this Thread:
Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread ---> Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
susanandmark is offline Old Post 06-16-2001 10:21 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for susanandmark Find more posts by susanandmark Add susanandmark to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
susanandmark

Thumbs down "Auto-Record Wish List," Doesn't

I'm not sure if anyone else is having this problem--I haven't seen it posted--but my husband, who is very TiVo shy (unlike most households it's the wife, me, who is the video tech freak), set up an auto-record wish list with the terms "Sports" "Baseball" and "Cubs." This wish list has first priority in the "Season Pass Manager" and the "View Upcoming" selection shows lots and lots of options out there. Only problem is that, unless you manually go in and choose to record these programs, they don't record. At first, I just thought he did it wrong, but I went in and double-checked and everything is kosher. I even set it up again, just to be sure.

This wish list was set up more than a month ago, so it's not pre-existing conflicts and, like I said before, it's priority one in the "Season Pass Manager" on a secondary TiVo that has NO non-season pass recordings scheduled, so there's no conflict there either. And, by the way, auto-record actor wishlists at the BOTTOM of the season pass priority list DO record, as do all the regular season passes. (And, nope, the "Recording History" doesn't think they were not recorded due to conflict or anything like that. In fact, as far as the "To Do" and "Recording History" lists are concerned this Season Pass/Wish List doesn't exist.) So, what the heck is up? Any guesses?

Currently, I'm just going in every now and again and manually selecting all the games we get (many of Fox Sports channels are blacked out, but there are plenty of WGN, ESPN, etc. games out there) to be recorded.

Thanks in advance for any answers you can provide!

Sincerely,
Susan Williams, Norman, Okla.
-30 hour DirecTV TiVo (Phillips) with lifetime service (Tivo 2.0.1)
-60 hour Phillips TiVo with lifetime service (Tivo 2.0.1)
-14 hour Phillips TiVo with lifetime service (my original unit, now passed on to a friend and fellow TiVo convert)

[This message has been edited by susanandmark (edited 06-16-2001).]

POST #1 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Otto is offline Old Post 06-16-2001 11:30 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Otto Find more posts by Otto Add Otto to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Otto

Instead of manually selecting the shows sometime, try this: Go into the Season Pass Manager.. Move something (anything) down and back up. Then hit left to exit the SPM. It'll give you a please wait, and will rebuild the ToDo List. See if they're in there now. If not, then ask yourself if these recordings that aren't showing up are in the last couple of days of guide data. Shows that just recently come into the guide can take a day or so to get added, because of indexing and so forth.

------------------
Everything I say is my opinion and not necessarily a statement of fact. Deal with it.
Otto, Zen TiVo Master - Moderator - AVS Tivo Forums - Tivo Underground, Tivo Coffee House
"The way of the portable computer user is as a stony path strewn with plugs and sockets, all the wrong size..." -- Terry Pratchett

POST #2 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 06-17-2001 11:15 AM
Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
cstelter

Hmmm, I'll throw something to consider into the mix if all else is failing. I set up a wishlist for 'Battle Bots' and set it to auto record. Then I did view upcoming and it was empty. I then edited the wishlist and changed it to 'Battlebots' and now I saw a list of view upcoming, but none were set to auto record. Perhaps I was just impatient, but I turned off auto record and turned it back on with no change. Finally I deleted the wishlist and re-added it right the first time and this time they all marked for record.

Any chance you edited the wishlist after initially setting it up autorecord and viewing upcoming? Perhaps Otto's suggestion would have worked for me too. I haven't tried to reproduce the problem so I'm not sure if it's an exact sequence I went through, or easily done. I also don't know if it would have repaired itself if I just gave it time.

So, just a suggestion of something to try if all else fails.
Delete it and re-add it.
--
Craig S

POST #3 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

ILoveMyTiVo is offline Old Post 06-17-2001 01:43 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for ILoveMyTiVo Find more posts by ILoveMyTiVo Add ILoveMyTiVo to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ILoveMyTiVo
TiVo Forum Special Member

Does it have first run only turned on? That is the only case I can think of where items validly won't appear in 'To Do' or 'Recording History'. Could the data be bad for first-run date and it thinks they are all repeats?

[This message has been edited by ILoveMyTiVo (edited 06-17-2001).]

POST #4 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 06-18-2001 09:31 PM
Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
STL_Matt

Lightbulb

Baseball games are 3+ hours and if you are close to capacity, it might not record. Or it just might not like the Cubs, TiVo is supposed to "Learn" : )

I couldn't tell if you had checked your recording history, if not do that and see if it give you an explanation.

POST #5 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged