TiVo Community Forum Archive 1
READ ONLY ARCHIVES

Welcome to the TiVo Community Forum Archive
This archive covers threads on TiVo Community Forum that have not been posted to from the start until June 30, 2004.  Any thread that has a post made to it between 7/1/04 and 12/31/05, that had not been posted to, will be found in Archive 2.
This is a READ ONLY site.

Search | ARCHIVE 2 | MAIN SITE

TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.8 TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo
>>> .asx streams? <<<

Forum Jump:
Search this Thread:
Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread ---> Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
drhump is offline Old Post 02-23-2004 11:06 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for drhump Find more posts by drhump Add drhump to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
drhump
el duderino

.asx streams?

anyone got any ideas as to how i might be able to listen to internet radio in .asx format on HMO / javaHMO?

POST #1 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

mikev is offline Old Post 02-23-2004 11:10 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for mikev Visit mikev's homepage! Find more posts by mikev Add mikev to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mikev

Since .asx is one incarnation of Microsoft's proprietary Windows Media format, it's probably not likely to be supported unless Microsoft has development tools for linux.

- Mike

POST #2 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

drhump is offline Old Post 02-24-2004 01:09 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for drhump Find more posts by drhump Add drhump to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
drhump
el duderino

i knew it was going to be an uphill battle.

here is what i am contemplating doing now: using Replay Radio or some other competing product to record the streams as mp3's. save them in a directory that is shared to javaHMO. replay the 'streams' at a later time.

i was hoping someone else found a more elegant, more real-time solution.

POST #3 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

mikev is offline Old Post 02-24-2004 03:18 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for mikev Visit mikev's homepage! Find more posts by mikev Add mikev to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mikev

You could always run Shoutcast and Winamp... in fact, Winamp with the Windows Media plugin could play the .asx stream then dump it to Shoutcast, and you could use a .m3u playlist with the URL to your shoutcast server (http://ip.add.res.s:port) to play it on your TiVo... I've done it occasionally with my XMPCR while I wait for the second half of this year when the TiVo will be able to actually control the PCR. :)

- Mike

POST #4 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged