TiVo Community Forum Archive 1
READ ONLY ARCHIVES

Welcome to the TiVo Community Forum Archive
This archive covers threads on TiVo Community Forum that have not been posted to from the start until June 30, 2004.  Any thread that has a post made to it between 7/1/04 and 12/31/05, that had not been posted to, will be found in Archive 2.
This is a READ ONLY site.

Search | ARCHIVE 2 | MAIN SITE

TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.8 TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 > Off Topic Areas (Non-TiVo) > Happy Hour - General Chit-Chat
>>> SOAK: want to move to canada What should I know <<<

Pages (4): « Prev 1 2 3 [4]  
Forum Jump:
Search this Thread:
Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread ---> Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
WanMan is offline Old Post 03-01-2004 12:32 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for WanMan Find more posts by WanMan Add WanMan to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
WanMan
TiVo Forum Special Member

Yeah, but that's when we weren't looking. Now try it!

POST #61 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Francesco is offline Old Post 03-01-2004 07:11 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Francesco Visit Francesco's homepage! Find more posts by Francesco Add Francesco to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Francesco

Location: Maricopa County Maximum Security Correctional Facility For Men, State Farm Road Number 31, Tempe, Arizona

quote:
Originally posted by Raj
Oh, and Canadian cars all have DRL's. Blindness during the daytime.
That was a joke, right? Seriously, that's ridiculous.

POST #62 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

paulfife is offline Old Post 03-01-2004 09:27 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for paulfife Find more posts by paulfife Add paulfife to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
paulfife

quote:
Originally posted by Raj
Oh, and Canadian cars all have DRL's. Blindness during the daytime.

Blindness? More like you can actually see everybody. DRLs are NOT very bright. I wish they were required here because 75% of drivers turn their lights on way too late. Driving at dusk is very dangerous because of this.

POST #63 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Raj is offline Old Post 03-01-2004 09:32 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Raj Visit Raj's homepage! Find more posts by Raj Add Raj to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Raj
1.5kW of fun!

quote:
Originally posted by Francesco
That was a joke, right? Seriously, that's ridiculous.

No, it's not a joke. DRL's are fine when they're low intensity. But increasingly, manufacturers are using HID lights during the day. Head on it's not so bad, but try it in a rear view mirror. People with perfect eyesight may have less of a problem, but those of us with eye problems have a really hard time with DRL's.

In memory of Ed Hopper -- 5130 --

I'm noticing more and more how my life is beginning to mirror Raj's....YIKES!! --disco

1x107hr Sony DirecTiVo
1x35hr Hughes HDVR2 DirecTV DVR powered by TiVo

POST #64 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Raj is offline Old Post 03-01-2004 09:33 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Raj Visit Raj's homepage! Find more posts by Raj Add Raj to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Raj
1.5kW of fun!

quote:
Originally posted by paulfife
Blindness? More like you can actually see everybody. DRLs are NOT very bright. I wish they were required here because 75% of drivers turn their lights on way too late. Driving at dusk is very dangerous because of this.

Then the better thing would be to mandate automatic headlights, not DRL's. Automatic headlights are fine. These come on at night by means of a photocell. But DRL's run all day every day when your engine is on.

In memory of Ed Hopper -- 5130 --

I'm noticing more and more how my life is beginning to mirror Raj's....YIKES!! --disco

1x107hr Sony DirecTiVo
1x35hr Hughes HDVR2 DirecTV DVR powered by TiVo

POST #65 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

omnibus is offline Old Post 06-29-2004 08:00 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for omnibus Find more posts by omnibus Add omnibus to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
omnibus
TiVo Forum Special Member

Anybody familiar wilth Edmonton, AB?

POST #66 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Marco is offline Old Post 06-29-2004 08:18 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Marco Find more posts by Marco Add Marco to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Marco
Malfeasor

West Edmonton Mall - world's largest.
Northlands Coliseum, inhabited for a time by some guy in a blue and orange #99 jersey.

That's about all I got.

Marc
1 HR10-250; 1xDSR6000, 1xDVR40; People evangelized to date: 19

I was halfway to Rivendell when the drugs began to kick in. -- Hunter S. Tolkien

POST #67 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

dr_mal is offline Old Post 06-29-2004 08:27 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for dr_mal Visit dr_mal's homepage! Find more posts by dr_mal Add dr_mal to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dr_mal
0 lost, 50 to go...

Except it's not Northlands anymore. I mean, the building is the same, but it's got a new corporate name. Can't remember what it is offhand, though.

Edmonton -- capital city of Alberta. Smaller population than Calgary, but fierce sports rivals. Both cities have NHL and CFL teams and whenever they play each other, it's the "Battle of Alberta". The two cities' mayors will typically make silly bets with each other with the losing mayor wearing the other cities' NHL or CFL jersey for a day.

Lessee...being the northernmost big city in Alberta, it can get pretty cold up there, too.

POST #68 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

steelcurtain is offline Old Post 06-29-2004 11:19 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for steelcurtain Find more posts by steelcurtain Add steelcurtain to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
steelcurtain

I've lived in both Calgary (eight months) and Edmonton (six months). I preferred Calgary. Been many years since I lived up there though, and I don't think I could be too specific anymore.

POST #69 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged